Haley Jones postpones announcement | The Boneyard

Haley Jones postpones announcement

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Classy move actually.

"No. 1 prospect Haley Jones has postponed the announcement of her college decision until Nov. 28 due to the ongoing wildfires in Northern California that have forced closures at her school."

I think my supply of Rolaids will last.

Reaction Score
If the fires are displacing people the way it seems her family could be in the line of fire "Literally". Couldn't imagine her leaving them to go cross country at this time which may be UCONN's doom . The dang Fire ! Ugh

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If the fires are displacing people the way it seems her family could be in the line of fire "Literally". Couldn't imagine her leaving them to go cross country at this time which may be UCONN's doom . The dang Fire ! Ugh
Please get a grip and separate basketball from this real life tragedy and show some compassion.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Maybe the family will move to CT to get away from wildfires. My son has a house in Malibu that escaped the Woolsey fire by literally 300 yards and seems safe now . Scary stuff.

Reaction Score
At this time? She won't have to be at UConn until next summer. You're really grasping.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The fires arent anywhere near her. however the smoke has blanketed the Bay area, about 60-80 miles away from the Camp fire, near Sacremento, depending what part of the Bay you are in. They cancelled Saturdays Stanford v Cal Football game, but will play it in 2 weeks Horse racing near Berkely was cancelled today. This is the worst pollution in the Bay area in a very long time.

Reaction Score
Jones has an option. The NCAA signing period ends Nov.21st. Unless she gets a waiver for signing late, she would have to wait until spring to sign. However, she could just sign and send it in and then just postpone the ceremony for a short time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jones has an option. The NCAA signing period ends Nov.21st. Unless she gets a waiver for signing late, she would have to wait until spring to sign. However, she could just sign and send it in and then just postpone the ceremony for a short time.
The article says that she can sign it by Nov. 21 and have it notarized. The college has an additional 14 days to send it to the NCAA. Haley's timeline is fine. It's just that most people won't know.

Hmmm, I may want to set up a notary shop in Santa Cruz. :) I suppose Haley could buy time by signing and notarizing all 5 LOIs and then deciding by Nov. 28.

Best wishes to Haley, her family, teammates, classmates, and everyone affected by the fires, whether in the immediate vicinity or farther away where the air pollution is severe.

Reaction Score

All she has to do is sign her LOI and have it notarized by 11/21, the NCAA allows 2 weeks after 11/21 for recruits to send in signed LOIs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm sure our members in California have their own stories, but I was in Central California last week, and the fires were on everyone's mind. The air quality in Paso Robles wasn't too bad, though the dry farming there leads to a lot of dust in the air. As we headed south to Ventura, the air quality got worse. On Monday, we had to figure out how to get to LAX. Highway 101 had just re-opened, so we took that, but we saw several eery sights: 7 exits closed, hundreds of traffic cones, dozens of police cars, a helicopter dropping containers of water, and badly charred hills immediately adjacent to the highway.

Reaction Score
The article says that she can sign it by Nov. 21 and have it notarized. The college has an additional 14 days to send it to the NCAA. Haley's timeline is fine. It's just that most people won't know.

Hmmm, I may want to set up a notary shop in Santa Cruz. :) I suppose Haley could buy time by signing and notarizing all 5 LOIs and then deciding by Nov. 28.

Best wishes to Haley, her family, teammates, classmates, and everyone affected by the fires, whether in the immediate vicinity or farther away where the air pollution is severe.
Sounds good. My wife will notarize it for her. ;)

Reaction Score
Pretty classy of this young lady. I pray for everyone's safety in that area of California. Her choice of school, especially during this hectic time, is not really that important. Stay safe young lady and to everyone in that area.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Haley already knows where she's going. I'm betting she and her parents made their decision shortly after arriving back home from her last official visit. She wants to have her reveal at her school to allow her classmates/teammates to be part of the program and celebration.

She wants to thank them, her teachers and her teammates for helping her to become the person, student and athlete she has become. Good for her. Haley appears to be a no nonsense young lady who can see the forest in spite of the trees, and is able to keep things in proper perspective. She appears to be the type of young lady who would thrive and flourish under Geno and CD's tutelage. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yes ,not to mention the fact that over 60 people have died, and over 600 are missing! :(

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Poor Haley. I feel badly for people out on the west coast... oh wait - i live on the west coast...!

Seriously, as many have said, there are many things in life more important than when they announce their college decision. Hope everyone she knows is safe...

I also hope that her lungs aren't impacted by the smoke - she will need both at full capacity to get thru Geno's practices! ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It is not her school where she was to make the announcement is actually closed due to poor air quality.
Thanks Coco.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom