Haley Jones postpones announcement | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Haley Jones postpones announcement

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Poor Haley. I feel badly for people out on the west coast... oh wait - i live on the west coast...!

Seriously, as many have said, there are many things in life more important than when they announce their college decision. Hope everyone she knows is safe...

I also hope that her lungs aren't impacted by the smoke - she will need both at full capacity to get thru Geno's practices! ;)

Here's an idea of just how bad it is here:
Eight more bodies bring California wildfire death toll to 71, with 1,000+ people missing - :(

[Link to story]

Carnac

Reaction Score
Ossining High (N.Y.) guard Aubrey Griffin’s official signing has been pushed back to Tuesday due to the snow, her coach announced on Twitter. Griffin remains the Huskies’ lone commit for 2019.

According to dbonjour@ctpost.com; @DougBonjour

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
To get a sense of this young woman's character and maturity, this was a video posted two years ago, when she was a sophomore:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford has cancelled both women's and men's basketball games they were hosting this weekend. Women's soccer is hosting a 2nd round playoff game tonight. Can't cancel a playoff game, so they had to move it to a different location. Salinas I think is what I saw on a ticker. Cancellations are due to air quality from fire smoke.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Here in the Northwest it gets cooler and wetter in the late fall, basically ending fire season. California is not as fortunate. I can't believe there are such massive fires raging this time of year.

Reaction Score
If the fires are displacing people the way it seems her family could be in the line of fire "Literally". Couldn't imagine her leaving them to go cross country at this time which may be UCONN's doom . The dang Fire ! Ugh
The fires aren’t near San Jose, if that’s where she lives (it’s where her school is). Can’t imagine she lives too far away, but it is a parochial school and regional.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Here in the Northwest it gets cooler and wetter in the late fall, basically ending fire season. California is not as fortunate. I can't believe there are such massive fires raging this time of year.

Then in January/February, we get a lot of rain (and high winds that are referred to as "Santa Ana winds"
here ) which have resulted in massive mudslides because of the soil erosion and burned vegetation caused by the fires. :( We have fire season every year, just like many of you have hurricane season. We don't have hurricanes or tornadoes here, just fires and earthquakes. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
The fires aren’t near San Jose, if that’s where she lives (it’s where her school is). Can’t imagine she lives too far away, but it is a parochial school and regional.
She lives in Santa Cruz, about 30 miles southwest of San Jose on the coast.

With major fires both south and north of San Jose they will be impacted by smoke for quite awhile, no matter what the winds do. We are getting some smoke from the fires all the way up here in Oregon. I wish them all well.

Reaction Score
The fires arent anywhere near her. however the smoke has blanketed the Bay area, about 60-80 miles away from the Camp fire, near Sacremento, depending what part of the Bay you are in. They cancelled Saturdays Stanford v Cal Football game, but will play it in 2 weeks Horse racing near Berkely was cancelled today. This is the worst pollution in the Bay area in a very long time.
There is a fire in the Santa Cruz Mountains

Reaction Score
What a class act! I do feel that the natural disaster could impact her decision with the school she picks. It could possibly work in our favor or against it. I wish the best for her and hope to see her in a UConn Jersey next year. Praying for the State of California!

Reaction Score
Makes me glad to live in the safest part of the country. Would never live in a place like California or Florida which are constantly getting destroyed by natural disasters.

Reaction Score
Then in January/February, we get a lot of rain (and high winds that are referred to as "Santa Ana winds"
here ) which have resulted in massive mudslides because of the soil erosion and burned vegetation caused by the fires. :( We have fire season every year, just like many of you have hurricane season. We don't have hurricanes or tornadoes here, just fires and earthquakes. :confused:
When I went to Sacramento for my initial training for the Federal Urban Search and Rescue system, one of the presenters was from the California State Office of Emergency Management. He (not so jokingly) referred to California as the "state of disaster." There is a reason why 8 of the 24 federal teams are in California.

Reaction Score
Per the Notre Dame message board there was a article regarding muffett and the recruiting class.. basically said she is done for this years class and she would be shocked if Boston or Jones head to Notre Dame. Go on there message board and read it yourself .. actual quotes by muffett herself. I believe we sign both players.. even with the tragic devastation in California Haley still ends up in storrs.. I believe it came down to Stanford and UCONN but the relationship with Geno and coaching staff and the potential playing with her good friend Boston who she played with all summer and still getting a good education and not to mention playing for the best coach in the history of the game will win out in the end. At first I thought Stanford all along but the more I’ve thought it through she will end up in storrs. I’m sure Lou talked a lot to Haley on her visit all about leaving California passing up a Stanford education leaving home and how her basketball career at UCONN has made her a national champion and a first team all American.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Since Thursday, fire-ravaged Northern California has had the dirtiest air in the world, topping notoriously smoggy cities in India and China, according to air quality monitoring network Purple Air. The Butte County Air Quality Management District reported “hazardous” air quality in Chico, Oroville and Sacramento. "

https://www.sfchronicle.com/califor...gues-Bay-Area-skies-a-week-after-13394932.php

And it's not going away real soon. Bad for all, very serious for those with diagnosed respiratory issues, and sure to lead to breathing issues for those with a propensity to same.

Sympathy to all the affected communities.

Reaction Score
I live in San Francosco. The air quality was horrible yesterday. Today is a little better, but I will be in doors the rest of the day. Luckily DePaul is playing ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom