Hailey Vanlith vs Paige Bueckers - video with no analysis other than yours | The Boneyard

Hailey Vanlith vs Paige Bueckers - video with no analysis other than yours

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Ok! In this video did Van Lith ever pass to a teammate? Well, she IS a shooting guard. They both deliver but in their own way. This video differentiates between a shooting guard and a point guard.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My takeaways: Paige had far superior teammates to pass the ball to= I'm not sure if I were Hailey I ever pass the ball= I'm not sure the video shows what you stated: "This video differentiates between a shooting guard and a point guard."
Why exactly did we start another thread comparing these two players again as opposed appending it to the other thread?

Reaction Score
Van Lith one of the most entertaining players you can watch in Women's Basketball. I get ACC games and tune in to every one of her games. Love Paige and feel her overall basketball IQ is a bit higher, but Van Lith is one of the top guards in the US and plays all aspects of the game well.

Reaction Score
I loved this video! Both gals are Amazing I’m disappointed the Louisville game was cancelled.......man it would have been FUN-FUN-FUN! Still, I’m so glad we have PB! Maybe we will meet in March Madness? Hopefully.....!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
There's no player I'd rather have than Paige, but Van Lith is really good, too; I just love watching her. She's my kind of player, tough and a really good rebounder, not even taking into account that she's 5-7.

Reaction Score
I 1st saw Van Lith in the U19's and then when she and Bueckers played together on a USA 3X3 team. Her quickness and shooting are really really good. In the 3X3 the difference between the players was clear on their drives. Van Lith used a double spin move to get around her defender but missed the shot because she had no control coming out of her spins. Bueckers wouldn't seem to be as quick but she was always under control, even when she went up she would have a couple of alternate shots in mind, depending on what the defender did. I would give Van Lith a slight edge in shooting and a bigger edge in eagerness to shoot. I have little doubt that she will outscore Bueckers in their careers.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Re Alydar's post, one thing I've noticed is that Paige doesn't go to the hoop exactly the same way twice in the same game. She'll go to the left, then go to the left with a zig, then to the right with a double-pump, then fake left and go right. . .

Reaction Score
Ok! In this video did Van Lith ever pass to a teammate? Well, she IS a shooting guard. They both deliver but in their own way. This video differentiates between a shooting guard and a point guard.

I'll take PB any day as either a point guard or shooting guard...........if Geno can get her to shoot more.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Re Alydar's post, one thing I've noticed is that Paige doesn't go to the hoop exactly the same way twice in the same game. She'll go to the left, then go to the left with a zig, then to the right with a double-pump, then fake left and go right. .
That what makes her the ultimate read and react player. I commented about this in a different thread. Even in the exact same sets you will rarely see Paige do the same thing two times and NEVER two games in a row. Every read she got in the Nova game she did the opposite in the Providence game.

Reaction Score
Paige has a much more complete game. Her size lets her post up, something Hailey Van Lith cant do. Also, Paige is the better shooter, passer, rebounder & defender. No contest.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Paige has a much more complete game. Her size lets her post up, something Hailey Van Lith cant do. Also, Paige is the better shooter, passer, rebounder & defender. No contest.
:eek: Does that make Paige "generational" talent? :D

Reaction Score
I've not seen Bueckers play yet. Looking forward to seeing her on Thursday. Should be a great night of basketball.

I will say that if there's a better rebounding guard for her size than Van Lith, I'd like to see her.

As to a previous poster's comment about Bueckers having "far superior teammates"....hope we get to see that play out on the court in the tourney.

Reaction Score
I just don't see how you can compare them. Hailey Van Lith has Dana Evans running the show leaving her to be a scorer. In contrast, Geno is asking Paige to run the show and be a scorer. Their degree of difficulty just aren't in the same ballpark.

Reaction Score
Bay, no one is a bigger Paige fan but you need to watch Vanlith a few more times. Paige has better overall court sense, but Vanlith is as good a shooter as seen this year. Give credit where due.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
There's no player I'd rather have than Paige, but Van Lith is really good, too; I just love watching her. She's my kind of player, tough and a really good rebounder, not even taking into account that she's 5-7.
How about Iowa's freshman Caitlin Clark? She's averaging about 25 per game.

Reaction Score
Bay, no one is a bigger Paige fan but you need to watch Vanlith a few more times. Paige has better overall court sense, but Vanlith is as good a shooter as seen this year. Give credit where due.

Well, if you're asking me to compare the two, I'm just giving you my honest opinion. I didnt say Hailey Van Lith wasnt good. I just dont see any category where Paige isnt superior to Hailey Van Lith. Paige is one of the very few generational players currently playing - she is redefining the guard position.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
rebounder
Hailey Van Lith with a higher rebounding average while playing less minutes per game than Bueckers, so you're basing Paige being a better rebounder on what exactly? It's not a big difference, but I just don't see how you make this claim. 6.3 reb. per game in about 29 minutes vs. 5.7 reb/game in about 35 minutes. Maybe, maybe you can claim Paige is a better defensive rebounder, but that's because she gets almost no O boards.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This is my first opportunity to watch Bueckers tonight. I must be jinxing her.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith
Game is in the 3rd Qtr and you rush over to post this?

All Stars Reaction GIF by Lifetime

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom