Had Enough of The PP Show | The Boneyard

Had Enough of The PP Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just can't take this doddering imbecile anymore. PP has got to go. I understand rebuilding, but there is no building going on. This team is no better today than it was when the season started. We have decent (maybe not great) players than can compete, and he has managed to coach them down a level. I have zero confidence in what PP is doing and how he is leading..if you call it that. Its a cry'in shame to see what has happened to a gritty, competitive program.

Let the castigation begin by the PP supporters ...I don't care.

Reaction Score
Johnny Mc has definitely regressed. Time to give McCummings and Nebrich their shots

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
come on Burton, donate the money to buy him out

we'll be forever grateful

Reaction Score
PP's stubbornness with JMac has definitely become a head-scratcher. Why is Nebrich or McCummings getting lengthy playing time not an option?

Reaction Score
I still think its too early for this.

But I will not defend the staff tonight. The decision to leave Mac in the game was mind boggling.

MIND BOGGLING.

Reaction Score
too early for what? This is getting puzzling. I wish Dez would address this. I'd like to know why we are sticking with a QB that has zero future. Is everyone else that bad? Hard to believe. We know nothing, but wow, is all I can say.

Reaction Score
I just can't take this doddering imbecile anymore. PP has got to go. I understand rebuilding, but there is no building going on. This team is no better today than it was when the season started. We have decent (maybe not great) players than can compete, and he has managed to coach them down a level. I have zero confidence in what PP is doing and how he is leading..if you call it that. Its a cry'in shame to see what has happened to a gritty, competitive program.

I agree 100% that the critical/disturbing problem here is the fact that I don't really see IMPROVEMENT. That is why I have gotten off the Coach P bandwagon. Not because of the record. It is the TREND that has me nervous.

Reaction Score
too early for what? This is getting puzzling. I wish Dez would address this. I'd like to know why we are sticking with a QB that has zero future. Is everyone else that bad? Hard to believe. We know nothing, but wow, is all I can say.

We have now spent many, many reps on developing JMc. This was a big mistake. He is just not good enough.

Reaction Score
I wanted Johnny Mac to get a fair shot at the job, he has had his shot. I was shocked to see him come out in the second half. The inability to connect on the deeper throws is really hurting along with the two or three first downs he could have run for but never saw the opportunity. We have two QB's who can run. let them take us the rest of the way.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
PP show?

What the heck do you do on your spare time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I really hope John Mcentee has started his last college football game.

Reaction Score
I really hope John Mcentee has started his last college football game.

I don't fault him, I really don't. Every once in a while you find a walkon QB who was clearly OVERLOOKED in recruiting and they end up becoming a quality starter. McEntee, no disrespect, has the talent of a backup, walkon QB at a respectable 1A school that has been searching for a QB the last few years.

The mistake is keeping him in even when things are going REALLY poorly. That isn't his fault. He's doing the best he can. I think if McCummings or Nebrich was the starter and McEntee got reps to help him get experience, he would develop into a respectable backup QB. We are asking him to do more than his talent is ready for.

Reaction Score
Here's PP's reason on keeping with Mac...at least how I read it. The man needs to learn how to adapt.

Desmond Conner

#UConn Coach @PaulPasqualoni on seemingly more playing time for QB Scott McCummings: “We like getting him in there and we’re going to try to continue to do that but that was just… we just went with the plan we had coming in – nothing more. Nothing less.”

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Here's PP's reason on keeping with Mac...at least how I read it. The man needs to learn how to adapt.

Desmond Conner

#UConn Coach @PaulPasqualoni on seemingly more playing time for QB Scott McCummings: “We like getting him in there and we’re going to try to continue to do that but that was just… we just went with the plan we had coming in – nothing more. Nothing less.”

So in other words, he's dumb and when he's thoroughly outcoached, his answer is not to find solutions and change the gameplan, but instead to pout on the sidelines. Wonderful

Reaction Score
What a horses arse, he could be a bit more savvy and make up something beside "we'll that was our plan and it wasn't working as everyone could see, but we decided to stay with it anyway".

P's so opposed to making adjustments, I don't even think that he's ever adjusted his junk.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
"P's so opposed to making adjustments, I don't even think that he's ever adjusted his junk."

Now that would be a PP show.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'd rather focus on the fact that we gave up 419 passing yards to Sunseri. Just as with W. Michigan, this team has no pass defense.

Reaction Score
Just plain old UGLY! I hope at this point, the coaches realize that the only thing left with the season is to build for next year. Make the change a QB and see what happens, because MAC isn't the answer. I do think we have other problems, O line play but he is just not a Div 1a QB. The coaches walked into the situation but it's no different than any other coaches change. They get a 1 year pass but another season like this and the Coaches will start to get the heat for change. Because of all the conference changes, the timing of this mess is regrettable.

F

fortebleedsblue

Desmond Conner

Translation: "I'm far too old for adjustments, if it worked in the 80's it should work now."

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Reaction Score

Typical rant from a frustrated college football fan and there are literally millions of these accross these boards.

I understand it, but it serves no purpose other than ventilation.

A lot of the folks doing it here couldn't wait for the offense that could not be worse than the one from last season and the "solve your problems with aggression" defense. Well, to that crew, now you got it. I do agree with you though, last night was not tough nosed UCONN football especially on the defensive side of the ball. Sending a LB every play is not tough football, especially when the don't get home!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Schematically, this offense is a huge improvement over last year. Defensively, I don't have a huge criticism because it seems like guys are where they are supposed to be, they just aren't making plays.

My biggest problem with the team is all the jogging and standing around as plays are winding up. Hit someone. Run the play out. Explode into the tackles. The team is just going through the motions. I think Schiano is an idiot and his stupidity is worth 7 points a game for the other team, but his teams play hard from the first play to the last. They gang tackle, receivers don't jog through routes, blockers block and the team plays hard.

This team is not playing at 100%. Not even close. Skim the game on ESPN3 and see how many guys are just standing around while a teammate makes a tackle. How many missed tackles were there on those stupid, telegraphed screen plays? This stuff goes right to the coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom