Gwynn sighting......... | The Boneyard

Gwynn sighting.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Certainly one of our favorite "6th men" ever, John Gwynn, was on NESN the other night officiating the BU/GW game........he looks great and seems to be moving up the refereeing ladder......maybe we'll see him in the Big10, BE or alike soon, hope so he deserves it!! Great to see him loved his passion for the game.

Also in the game for the CT folks, John Papale of Wallingford,playing for BU. Excellent HS shooter who looks good out there but they never run plays to get him looks. I played legion baseball and in city hoops leagues later with his dad Mike who was Xavier kid and went on to a good hoops career at Assumption and later was a big player in AAU in central CT.......his other son Mike Jr had a heart attack at an AAU game and was fortunate to have a defrib there.....since then Mike SR and his wife have been advocates of being sure all schools have them available and from what I hear have made a great impact.........Mike Jr now works for the athletic department at Quinnipiac through the hoops team I am sure......great story!!

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
The Microwave!

Reaction Score
Certainly one of our favorite "6th men" ever, John Gwynn, was on NESN the other night officiating the BU/GW game........he looks great and seems to be moving up the refereeing ladder......maybe we'll see him in the Big10, BE or alike soon, hope so he deserves it!! Great to see him loved his passion for the game.

Also in the game for the CT folks, John Papale of Wallingford,playing for BU. Excellent HS shooter who looks good out there but they never run plays to get him looks. I played legion baseball and in city hoops leagues later with his dad Mike who was Xavier kid and went on to a good hoops career at Assumption and later was a big player in AAU in central CT.......his other son Mike Jr had a heart attack at an AAU game and was fortunate to have a defrib there.....since then Mike SR and his wife have been advocates of being sure all schools have them available and from what I hear have made a great impact.........Mike Jr now works for the athletic department at Quinnipiac through the hoops team I am sure......great story!!
John Gwynn is (or was) a youth probation officer in Middletown. My son is an attorney who has dealt with Gwynn and as you would expect he said Gwynn was a real good guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom