Guess they're proud of Moriah in Glenn Heights Texas | The Boneyard

Guess they're proud of Moriah in Glenn Heights Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congrats to Moriah.

But I have to wonder if what she's accomplished is really so remarkable in the grand scheme of things. Surely there are teachers, volunteers, community leaders, first responders, etc who have done incredible work in their long lives. I'd hope they are getting recognized.

jmho

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Congrats to Moriah.

But I have to wonder if what she's accomplished is really so remarkable in the grand scheme of things. Surely there are teachers, volunteers, community leaders, first responders, etc who have done incredible work in their long lives. I'd hope they are getting recognized.

jmho
Chill. It's honorary - read the article.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I did.

I hope that others in the community are similarly honored.

You mean, you're hoping that message boards exist to celebrate educators and that several cable channels are dedicated to the profession?

Reaction Score
You mean, you're hoping that message boards exist to celebrate educators and that several cable channels are dedicated to the profession?

Where did I criticize message boards?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I did.

I hope that others in the community are similarly honored.
It's a sleepy town of just under 12,000 people. Literally. Why is it necessary to question their honoring Moriah by somehow diminishing the recognition unless they also honor the "teachers, volunteers, community leaders, first responders, etc who have done incredible work in their long lives"?

It's like saying the team should not have been honored by being invited to the White House unless all the other "teachers, volunteers, etc" were also invited as well. Or that our team should not have been "honored" with a parade in Hartford unless the city acknowledged all the other great local humanitarians as well.

I'm not trying to argue with you, but it's odd that you would post such a thing in a fun thread about her tiny home town doing something so innocent (but cool) to honor her.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Where did I criticize message boards?

i didn't say you criticized message boards. i was just supporting your wish, expressed on a sports message board, that society would celebrate educators etc as much as they celebrate athletic skill....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom