Guess the Spread for Tomorrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Guess the Spread for Tomorrow

Reaction Score
He wants to play badly, but I don't see how Smart lets him play. An extra week of rest would make a huge difference for him, especially since they could probably rest him for the 2/15 game too
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him for the sole purpose of this; just imagine we win this without Marquette having Kolek and the excuses will pile in that we beat a weak field in the tournament.

On the other hand Marquette have a chance at silverware so maybe they let Kolek get a run out.

Reaction Score
It is actually -9. I don't know if that's a lot of respect for us or a recognition that Marquette without Kolek is fairly diminished and not significantly distinguished from the middle of the pack BE teams against whom we'd be double digit favorites on a neutral floor.

Reaction Score
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him for the sole purpose of this; just imagine we win this without Marquette having Kolek and the excuses will pile in that we beat a weak field in the tournament.

On the other hand Marquette have a chance at silverware so maybe they let Kolek get a run out.
I guarantee that the emerging narrative in justifying us not being #1 overall will be that our only wins over top 25 teams in the last few months were at home (Creighton, Marquette) or without their best player (@Marquette, tonight).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Playing Kolek would be dumb, they won't do it.

Reaction Score
It is actually -9. I don't know if that's a lot of respect for us or a recognition that Marquette without Kolek is fairly diminished and not significantly distinguished from the middle of the pack BE teams against whom we'd be double digit favorites on a neutral floor.
It's both. 1.5 for no Kolek (really 2.5 from how the KenPom rank has moved slightly already baked in), 1.5 for UConn tax.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The spread will be thiiiiis much.

IMG_4128.jpeg

Reaction Score
He wants to play badly, but I don't see how Smart lets him play. An extra week of rest would make a huge difference for him, especially since they could probably rest him for the 2/15 game too
Anyone that has had an oblique injury knows how easy it is to re-tweak those. I would be really surprised if Kolek plays. I assume they’ll give him as much rest as possible before the NCAAT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom