Guess the Brady Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
3 games with an appeal down to 1...

Reaction Score
It will be appealed. Then the Union will sue since players can't be held responsible for equipment. This is on management absent proof he was involved. So, zero and fine on owner.

Reaction Score
Inflate gate had no impact on what happened on the field, so just a fine. The only reason he may get suspended is because Brady basically lied to everyone's faces on TV saying he knew nothing. If he came out from the start and said -'yes, I like my balls a certain way and did not know it was against the rules, sorry.' Then this story would have been dead months ago.

Reaction Score
Only good thing that might come out of this would be a rule change where the home team is responsible for supplying all balls used during the game but..... referees check each before the game to insure proper inflation and league appointed assistants handle said game balls to referees during the game. Everyone uses the same, properly inflated ball. No more "Inflate Gate". Team may/should get a fine but I doubt the league will single out Brady. He'll have to live with the cheater brand that will be thrown at him whenever conversations about "the greatest QB of all time" come up. That's gonna sting a lot more than a game suspension or him having to give up what amounts to pocket change.

Reaction Score
Inflate gate had no impact on what happened on the field, so just a fine. The only reason he may get suspended is because Brady basically lied to everyone's faces on TV saying he knew nothing. If he came out from the start and said -'yes, I like my balls a certain way and did not know it was against the rules, sorry.' Then this story would have been dead months ago.

Really no impact? The Patriots were doing this back to 06. Coincidentally enough during that time their turnover ratio went from league avg. 40-1 to 80-1. When you cut your TO ratio by half due to cheating it absolutely had an impact.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
As someone who pulls for the Jaguars I hope it's 3 games. ;)

This is such a dumb waste of time.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As someone who pulls for the Jaguars I hope it's 3 games. ;)

This is such a dumb waste of time.
Jags just got kicked in the nuts, didn't they?

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
Jags just got kicked in the nuts, didn't they?

Big time. Almost expect it at this point. Only good thing is still at least a year away anyway. Will be like having two first round picks next year. At least that's what I am telling myself.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
One game and a $100,000 fine.

Brady doesn't deserve it, but the commish has to do something.

Reaction Score
You guys who are expecting a fine and an admonition are kidding yourselves. The suspension will be at least two games. Goodell has to punish based on the findings in the report. It's the optics.

Reaction Score
One game and a $100,000 fine.

Brady doesn't deserve it, but the commish has to do something.
When the Chargers got caught doing the same thing they got accessed with a $25000 fine. With inflation (no pun intended)I say a $30,000 fine despite all the doubt the report created.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
No use of the car for one week.

That's what Greg Brady got for using the car without permission to take Bobby to buy a frog for the frog jumping competition.

If Johnny Bravo gets that type of hard time for being a badass, Tommy Girl can do the same for liking softer balls.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
When the Chargers got caught doing the same thing they got accessed with a $25000 fine. With inflation (no pun intended)I say a $30,000 fine despite all the doubt the report created.

I never heard of the Chargers situation. No one was watching what happened there. But people in Sri Lanka know about Brady and deflategate.

The commissioner has to do something, and people know Brady has a huge contract. Brady gets a one game suspension and a $100,000 fine.

This situation is ridiculous. Defensive players put Vaseline on their unis so the OL can't grip them. Receivers put glue on their hands (Jerry Rice, throughout his career). NHL players put extra curve on their stick. MLB pitchers scuff baseballs. Let's not be naive; this stuff happens all the time. Somehow with the Patriots it rises to the level of an international incident.

Reaction Score
Suspension for one or more games? Why aren't we hearing about criminal charges? This is serious stuff.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You guys who are expecting a fine and an admonition are kidding yourselves. The suspension will be at least two games. Goodell has to punish based on the findings in the report. It's the optics.
Except that report says that no proof of wrongdoing was found. That's why I think he'll walk, or, at least, should walk. That said, I agree with you about the optics.

Reaction Score
He will be around for the playoffs. And that is all that really matters.

Reaction Score
My guess - no suspension for Brady or any other players. You don't take away a game check for "more probable than not" and "generally aware" ...

Reaction Score
I hope you're right Kgun. But I bet if it's two games the Pats will postpone their flag raising Super Bowl ring ceremony and wait till Brady returns.

Reaction Score
Actually, he didn't. The investigation wasn't to determine if the Patriots submitted under inflated balls. They probably did. The Refs are then responsible to check the PSI and adjust either way to get it within spec. prior to game time. The investigation was supposed to be commissioned to determine whether the Patriots deflated the balls AFTER the Refs approved the balls. It appears they did.

Whether Brady was probably generally aware, I believe is up for debate.

Whether the refs actually did their job, I also believe is up for debate. The refs were exonerated why too early in my opinion, especially given the facts that 1) they don't document the pregame PSI and temperature and 2) They lost the footballs, and 3) The NFL was informed of this potential issue up to a full 24 hours ahead of time.
Clearly the refs and the league are to blame for putting the possibility of making tampering so easy to do. Refs bring all the footballs with them. All checked before every game. Players don't get to touch them until the first kickoff. No more problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom