Guess I'll start the game thread. | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Guess I'll start the game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
69104526.jpg
Every game, this is appropriate.

Reaction Score
Burning the red shirt would have been a bad coaching move if the red shirt had talent--but Diaco was lucky, not good.

Reaction Score
bring in Bissack, the walk on. He can't be worse. And is Williams, with all BDs hype up til a few weeks ago, indicative of what we will actually see from all the freshman who red shirted this year?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
If Bobby gets canned:

history-pirate-ship-walk_the_plank-walking_the_plank-planks-ggm090711_low.jpg

Reaction Score
Question of day . . . is BD's recruiting of players and talent worse than his game day coaching? Beginning to look like it.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Ladies and gentlemen,boy and girls,
You have just witnessed a team quitting on its coach.

That already happened a few weeks ago. Today is nothing more than a continuation of the same.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just when you think it couldn't get any worse, the halftime show is a Salute to Glenn Frey.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I kept changing the channel to the game, my USNA alum hubby kept asking, and I said eternal optimism. Now at the half, we are swapping b/w Navy/SMU and and Auburn/Bama

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Diaco blew it by settling for the FG on 4th and 1. Set the tone.
you know, offense can be complicated but if you can't tell the difference between 4th and 1 and 4th and 18, you're going to have problems.

Reaction Score
Question of day . . . is BD's recruiting of players and talent worse than his game day coaching? Beginning to look like it.

I imagine its some of both but more of coaching. We have seen most of these players operate at a much higher level in the recent past. I think they gave up on BD.

Reaction Score
Fair enough! There are LOTS of great rivalries out there (that's one thing I love about college football), so multiple rivalries cause fans todub their's "The Game"!

I was just giving you a hard time, as I know Michigan-Ohio St. call their game "The Game" as well. It seems the Yale-Harvard game is only a big deal locally, and unless something whacky happens gets zero mentions nationally. Sad, really.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
on the bright side :confused:, I guess we managed three WTF wins this season.

Reaction Score
I was just giving you a hard time, as I know Michigan-Ohio St. call their game "The Game" as well. It seems the Yale-Harvard game is only a big deal locally, and unless something whacky happens gets zero mentions nationally. Sad, really.
I hear you on that-I only went to one game a long time ago but it was fun. Ivy League football, and REALLY small-time NESCAC football is a lot of fun in a more Norman Rockwell way. I love the unique flavor that exists throughout college football!

Reaction Score
I'm numb and I don't have any answers to how to fix. The good thing is if we can get a real coach in here a turnaround can be done in 2 years based on other teams.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The differences that make this situation different in my opinion: PP took over a team that had talent and knew how to win, and he had a much more positive conference affiliation scenario. Those are two huge hurdles that Diaco has to deal with that PP didn't. Again, I wouldn't be upset if Diaco got canned after this season by ANY stretch.

Gee, there's an entire roster of coaches who seem to be having no problem coaching in the AAC. Tom Herman, Fuente, Niamatuolo, Taggart, Ruhle, Frost, and others. Sorry, that's not a valid excuse, nor any reason to make a distinction. If anything, the level of competition was higher for Pasqualoni, despite whatever recruiting advantage he might have enjoyed for maybe two seasons.

Reaction Score
Tulane is not going to take their foot off the accelerator. They have had a miserable record and they are on the road. They will try to run up the score and take nothing for granted.

Reaction Score
How can UCONN market this team for 2017 if they bring this incompetent clown back?
The program has become a national laughing stock. Does Benedict want to see less the
10.000 a game next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020