GTown-Funny not much discussion about today’s game | The Boneyard

GTown-Funny not much discussion about today’s game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Funny not much discussion about today’s game. I honestly hope the players are more understanding of what today will take than some of our fan base. This one is not a gimme if they think they can throw their uni’s on the court for this game. I hope to see some real passion on each end and the understanding that from the tip they need to be focused, prove they’re better than a double digit seed. This is an opportunity being on CBS and it’s throat stepping time. Would like to be impressed when it’s over how they came to play.

Admittedly a bit concerned! Doesn’t seem anyone else is but I think we find out a lot more about this team today, like it or not!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We just played them. So they are pretty fresh. Yes, we blew them out on the road. So yes, I think people expect a win. Is it a trap game? Given that our boys seem to dig a hole every game and then come back, I’d say no. I’m confident we can fix things in time if we have a rough start.

Reaction Score
We just played them. So they are pretty fresh. Yes, we blew them out on the road. So yes, I think people expect a win. Is it a trap game? Given that our boys seem to dig a hole every game and then come back, I’d say no. I’m confident we can fix things in time if we have a rough start.
Again, hope the kids don’t feel the same as you. I want to see a team confident and out to prove who they are. Tons of emotion and passion especially on the D end. We will see.

Reaction Score
Georgetown is not very good. Both teams come to play we should win pretty handily. OTOH it is college sports and upsets happen. Bad teams play over their head. Good ones play the way we did in the first half at Georgetown. So yes, it is important to be focused. You can’t take any team for granted. A loss would hurt. But Patrick Ewing isn’t coming through the door for the Hoyas...Well he is, but he won’t be suiting up... UConn has more talent and more to play for. This should be a comfortable win.

Reaction Score
Funny not much discussion about today’s game. I honestly hope the players are more understanding of what today will take than some of our fan base. This one is not a gimme if they think they can throw their uni’s on the court for this game. I hope to see some real passion on each end and the understanding that from the tip they need to be focused, prove they’re better than a double digit seed. This is an opportunity being on CBS and it’s throat stepping time. Would like to be impressed when it’s over how they came to play.

Admittedly a bit concerned! Doesn’t seem anyone else is but I think we find out a lot more about this team today, like it or not!
Hurley seemed to be preaching a very strong message about the game in the pregame yesterday. The fact that it’s senior day I think will also help everyone want to put their best foot forward for the guys. Bouk last home game too, he will show out

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There are these teams every year that wildly outperform their talent, and Georgetown is one of those teams. It is actually fun to watch. I am feeling pretty confident about UConn's chances today, but Georgetown is playing great and has nothing to lose, which makes them dangerous.

Reaction Score
Gtown has been looking better the last couple of games, I’m looking forward to the Bigs matchups since they have two guys who are seriously large and like Sanogo seem to be on upward swings. This should be a good one!
Agree.
I’d like to see a lot our offense either going inside or taking it to the hoop to get their bigs in foul trouble, especially Wahab. He can be a force down low on both ends but he self destructs by getting into foul trouble.

I still see a double digit victory by the good guys.

Reaction Score

Ummmm? Huskies answered your concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg