GTown bounced from PK80 LOL | Page 2 | The Boneyard

GTown bounced from PK80 LOL

Reaction Score
Strtegic thinking. Precedent has been set. Perhaps a certain ass-kick with no up-side is not a good idea at this stage. Perhaps not a BAD idea. Why rush the bayonets?? Unless, ...

Reaction Score
So much for this being a "premier" tournament now when your BE representatives are Butler and DePaul? The fact they couldn't get Villanova in the first place is terrible, but now you gotta put in DePaul?

Maybe Ewing thought this was gonna be too big an ask for his team in his first year? Little late in the game though...
Nova already committed to the Battle 4 Atlantis. Same reason why Zona isn't in it

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't think that is a student organization. Hundreds of universities have it. I wonder what is going on here. A lot of top P5 universities have signed the Code of Conduct with the WRC. Here we have Georgetown telling us that all of its other licensees have signed the WRC Code of Conduct.

Some info is missing here.

This is a decade old and it may be the hangup here: Codes Don't Work

Old contracts were written under the previous Code agreement, which has changed in the last decade.

Nike is maybe not so hot on the new code.

I think I read it wrong.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I thought this was laughable:

"a student protest led to the university verbally agreeing to ask Nike to allow third-party monitoring group the Worker Rights Consortium (WRC) independent access to its factories."

Why would Nike ever do that? Absolutely nothing good could come from that. Bottom line, Georgetown could use Nike cred far more than Nike needs them.
I think that is the point GT asked Nike and Nike refused so GT had to back out

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Nike already has such an agreement with international humanitarian organizations

FWIW, I still think it's laughable, as I'm guessing 90% of these protesting students are using iphones and macbooks. Apple has had some of the same issues for which they're complaining against Nike.

Reaction Score
Translation:

"We're scared to catch those L's"

No....translation...."ESPN doesn't want us anymore to be shown on a national level because of 4 disappointing years."

Could this sound familiar to us after 2 more of these bad seasons???

Reaction Score
No....translation...."ESPN doesn't want us anymore to be shown on a national level because of 4 disappointing years."

Don't be a wet rag. This is our opportunity to laugh at Georgetown, don't ruin it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Nah, this was Georgetown's call. There is zero universes where ESPN would prefer Depaul over Gtown. It's ratings hit for them, not matter how Gtown is doing. You can sell history. You can't sell nothing (Depaul).

pj

Reaction Score
Nah, this was Georgetown's call. There is zero universes where ESPN would prefer Depaul over Gtown. It's ratings hit for them, not matter how Gtown is doing. You can sell history. You can't sell nothing (Depaul).

I do think Nike would prefer Georgetown other things equal, but if Depaul is a Nike school and Georgetown isn't (and it seems they aren't as they've refused to renew), then Nike may want to be giving the benefit of its PK80 sponsorship dollars to Nike schools. Nike may well have demanded that Georgetown sign or exit the tourney.

Depaul may just have been the lucky bystander who was available at last call.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I do think Nike would prefer Georgetown other things equal, but if Depaul is a Nike school and Georgetown isn't (and it seems they aren't as they've refused to renew), then Nike may want to be giving the benefit of its PK80 sponsorship dollars to Nike schools. Nike may well have demanded that Georgetown sign or exit the tourney.

Depaul may just have been the lucky bystander who was available at last call.

That's true, good point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom