GTown bounced from PK80 LOL | The Boneyard

GTown bounced from PK80 LOL

Reaction Score
Any chance they change up the brackets?

Reaction Score
Why? Did Georgetown not re-sign with Nike?

If I were a Hoya fan and Georgetown willfully chose to withdraw, I'd be SUPER pissed off. This is the biggest and best pre-season tournament field in the history of college basketball. Ewing's got some explaining...

Last edited:

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
So much for this being a "premier" tournament now when your BE representatives are Butler and DePaul? The fact they couldn't get Villanova in the first place is terrible, but now you gotta put in DePaul?

Maybe Ewing thought this was gonna be too big an ask for his team in his first year? Little late in the game though...

Reaction Score
The first game is even higher stakes now.

If we beat Oregon, we get a quality win and two cracks at premium scalps, and maybe a little buzz around the team/program.
If we lose to Oregon, there's probably no opportunity for any quality wins.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There's no way he's that scared of losing. There must be something else here we're missing.

Reaction Score
"Mutual" leads me to believe maybe Nike didn't want them in it anymore either. Which would be even more damaging

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
New leadership is going with the Diaco "exhibition" games technique. They would rather build confidence and chemistry as opposed to being crushed on a huge stage with a new celebrity coach.

That being said, this is a huge mistake from the Georgetown administration.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This bit is interesting: "Nike is the only university licensee that has not signed the code of conduct."

I thought this was laughable:

"a student protest led to the university verbally agreeing to ask Nike to allow third-party monitoring group the Worker Rights Consortium (WRC) independent access to its factories."

Why would Nike ever do that? Absolutely nothing good could come from that. Bottom line, Georgetown could use Nike cred far more than Nike needs them.

Reaction Score
I thought this was laughable:

"a student protest led to the university verbally agreeing to ask Nike to allow third-party monitoring group the Worker Rights Consortium (WRC) independent access to its factories."

Why would Nike ever do that? Absolutely nothing good could come from that. Bottom line, Georgetown could use Nike cred far more than Nike needs them.

Nike already has such an agreement with international humanitarian organizations

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Nike already has such an agreement with international humanitarian organizations

Exactly. Why would they allow students in there as well? What do you think those students would do? 100% would put Nike on blast to white knight themselves into the situation. Classic modern day college student move.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Exactly. Why would they allow students in there as well? What do you think those students would do? 100% would put Nike on blast to white knight themselves into the situation. Classic modern day college student move.

Ek6jgeF.png

Reaction Score

I don't think that is a student organization. Hundreds of universities have it. I wonder what is going on here. A lot of top P5 universities have signed the Code of Conduct with the WRC. Here we have Georgetown telling us that all of its other licensees have signed the WRC Code of Conduct.

Some info is missing here.

This is a decade old and it may be the hangup here: Codes Don't Work

Old contracts were written under the previous Code agreement, which has changed in the last decade.

Nike is maybe not so hot on the new code.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom