Griner possibly out for game 3? | The Boneyard

Griner possibly out for game 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
According to the tweet, she underwent an outpatient procedure to correct a retinal issue. Decision will be made at game time.

Can't be fun for her. I hope the damage isn't permanent.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Ouch! Hopefully she can play, maybe with special glasses.

Reaction Score
My dad is an eye doctor, usually procedures (even the ones that require surgery) don't take long to do and to recover from. I think she'll be ok. Wouldn't be surprised to see her playing with eye protection.

Reaction Score
She's playin'. She would have to have two broken legs to keep her off the court in the finals. Maybe she will like the goggles and continue to use them - new "look."

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be something if BG is out for the series and Chicago comes back to win in 5? Can Phoenix beat Chicago without BG? I don't think they can.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be something if BG is out for the series and Chicago comes back to win in 5? Can Phoenix beat Chicago without BG? I don't think they can.

It would be interesting to watch, but I sincerely doubt it will happen. I had laser eye surgery last winter, completely reshaping my eyeballs, and was fine to drive within a couple of days. I probably could have played bball sooner than that. Unless she really had some structural damage, I except she'll be ok to go no later than game 4.

Reaction Score
Are you forgetting about DT and the other double digit scoring starting 5? Without Griner they still win in3 games!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Big Syl should really try to keep her elbows under control, doncha think?

Reaction Score
I'm sure BG really wants to play, and the game would be better for having her in it. But she needs to take the long view (no pun intended). If she needs time to recover and prevent any further damage, then by all means take the time off! She's got her whole career to think about. And there will be other WNBA championships in her future.

Reaction Score
Are you forgetting about DT and the other double digit scoring starting 5? Without Griner they still win in3 games!
Agree, with EDD not anywhere near 100% it's over - Griner or no Griner. She'll play tho, so we aren't ever going to able to settle this.

Reaction Score
Big Syl should really try to keep her elbows under control, doncha think?
If she keeps it up and the refs won't send a message, then it's up to BG to send a message. Might want to be a little more subtle than the Barncastle 'message' though.

sTu

Reaction Score
"Wouldn't it be something if BG is out for the series and Chicago comes back to win in 5? Can Phoenix beat Chicago without BG? I don't think they can. "

You just surpassed the height of being a homer.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Anyone think Mercury would throw game 3&4 to go back Phoenix for championship??

Reaction Score
I'm sure BG really wants to play, and the game would be better for having her in it. But she needs to take the long view (no pun intended). If she needs time to recover and prevent any further damage, then by all means take the time off! She's got her whole career to think about. And there will be other WNBA championships in her future.
You never know for sure if you'll get back or not. This game is the pinnacle of achievement for the thing she's devoted most of her life to. She's playing unless the doc says it would be life-threatening.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There is a part of me that would like to see Phoenix play game 4 without BG just to see what would happen. I think it would be very interesting.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
"Wouldn't it be something if BG is out for the series and Chicago comes back to win in 5? Can Phoenix beat Chicago without BG? I don't think they can. "

You just surpassed the height of being a homer.

I'm always striving to reach new heights.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
There is a part of me that would like to see Phoenix play game 4 without BG just to see what would happen. I think it would be very interesting.
so you could glout about how GREAT she is if Phx lost

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Same thing that would happen if they had to play without DT.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Icebear said:
Same thing that would happen if they had to play without DT.

I wouldn't want to sell their coach short - she's a great coach and will come up with adjustments to compensate for the loss of Griner. In my opinion I think they stand a better chance of winning with Dee and no Griner in there then they would with Griner and no Dee. As big of an impact as she makes, Griner is stilll learning, and Dee is the glue for this team.

This may all be moot at game time. I am looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom