Griffin down to 2! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Griffin down to 2!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maybe this will help some boneyarders take a much needed step AWAY from the ledge :rolleyes::cool:

This is the best news I've heard all summer!!! UConn or Louisville, I like our chances very much!!! That's like choosing between a 1971 Pinto or a shiny new 2019 Beemer (with the keys in it). :confused:

Maybe her verbal to UConn will open the flood gates with more verbals by other coveted UConn recruits. Fingers crossed, keep hope alive. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Really good news for UConn that she cancelled her other visits right after visiting Storrs. There is also a chance that she could have already verbally committed to UConn during her visit and just wanted some time to inform the other coaches before she announced it publicly.
You are becoming optimistic. Welcome to the club! ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
If she chooses Louisville over UConn, more Boneyarders than usual may jump off the ledge. If she chooses UConn, I wonder how that will affect the decision of other recruits considering UConn .

Not a chance. She's staying home. FWIW, the yarders that went over the ledge didn't jump, the were pushed. :eek:

Post edit: Thursday Sept 27 - Ahem, I called it!!! I said: "NOT A CHANCE". !! It's nice to be 100% correct some of the time. This was not a reach. She's been a BIG UConn fan from a long time ago. The staff did not have to sell UConn to her. She was already sold. UConn sold itself. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Our last 3 major events were:

--N.D. beat us at the buzzer in the semifinals. (Then they beat Miss. State.)

--Ezi decided to stay in Australia.

--Azura decided to go to the WNBA.

Some good news would be much appreciated.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Our last 3 major events were:

--N.D. beat us at the buzzer in the semifinals. (Then they beat Miss. State.)

--Ezi decided to stay in Australia.

--Azura decided to go to the WNBA.

Some good news would be much appreciated.

4 verbals to UConn from the 2019 class would just about balance the scales. ;)

Reaction Score
She's ranked 33rd in Hoopgurlz. Is she that good? Couldn't find her name in Prospects Nation. What am I missing?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm all ears. Tell me.
Don't focus on the ranking because she spent an entire year recovering from ACL surgery. Dad is a former NBA player. She finally got healthy in the Spring/Summer 2018 time frame to finish in the final 18 at USA basketball trials. Trust Geno's eye he finally got around to offering early July 2018 after she had a monster showing at AAU tournament in KY. Plenty of video out there and some posted here, in one of the last video she was finally dunking a volleyball again with ease.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Was it Angel McCoughtry who uttered the immortal line: " I used to hate him and now I love him." Just asking. Maybe thing for Ms. Griffin to consider maybe, huh?

Reaction Score
I truly don't see how all the guards and wings currently here (MW & CW), and then Griffin, Horston, and Jones fit together as none of them are true point guards.
And that's without those being recruited from the '20 class.
Being that Griffin's dad has said U Conn is her dream school, what's holding her back from verballing outwardly. I'd guess she's waiting for Horston and Jones to make their choices. If both choose U Conn I think she'd likely choose Louisville and that would make a lot of sense for her. Unless she wanted to compete for PT with those two and Walker & Williams, and see who plays meaningful minutes.
I also think her committing could effect either or both Jones & Horston.
Tough decisions for the players and for U Conn!
Bronx23

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I don't want to suggest blind faith, but Geno did manage take three 6'2" power forwards and molded them into one of the best front lines in history.
When was that?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
which Griffin is her father, Darryl? Dr. Dunkinstein?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Adrian. Played for the Mavs, Bulls, Celtics, Rockets, and Supersonics.
ok, I know of him, he was pretty good, I think he's a lefty. Also Darryl is probably too old, he'd be her grandfather lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom