Griffin down to 2! | The Boneyard

Griffin down to 2!

Reaction Score
Do you think her choice depends on Jones and Horston?

UConn still has 3 guards from last year’s freshman class..

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Do you think her choice depends on Jones and Horston?
UConn still has 3 guards from last year’s freshman class..
It might because all three players will have the ability to play 2-4 in the UCONN offense. Last year’s freshman class wasn't really 3 guards though, it was more like two wings Megan (3/4) & Lexi (3) and 2 guards AEH(2) & Mikayla (1/2).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'll blow my horn a little bit but I'm not ready to say that UConn is now a lock....I'd make it 60%/40%

I'll be a bit surprised if Griffin doesn't choose either UConn or Louisville.....

Charliebball, Friday at 9:25 AMEditDeleteReportReplies
#35+ QuoteReply
:eek:Before you break your arm patting yourself on the back, was that post before or after you read the article from the Louisville insider telling us exactly that? Or was it after the ESPN article which told us UCONN was her dream school? :D:D
I am not going to name any names but a certain poster once assured us that "Geno could forget about Aubrey ever going to UCONN"
BTW Aubrey was behind the UCONN bench when UCONN beasted Louisville in January. She probably made up her mind right there and then.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It might because all three players will have the ability to play 2-4 in the UCONN offense. Last year’s freshman class wasn't really 3 guards though, it was more like two wings Megan (3/4) & Lexi (3) and 2 guards AEH(2) & Mikayla (1/2).

I think Griffin could definitely see some playing time on the wing as could Horston..........

Reaction Score
:eek:Before you break your arm patting yourself on the back, was that post before or after you read the article from the Louisville insider telling us exactly that? Or was it after the ESPN article which told us UCONN was her dream school? :D:D
I am not going to name any names but a certain poster once assured us that "Geno could forget about Aubrey ever going to UCONN"

it was hardly rocket science.......it seemed pretty clear that she had a preference for Louisville and UConn from the get go........I don't remember that quote but I'm sure it was a reaction to DR's clear disdain for Geno after the AEH debacle.............you could check but I believe I was either the first or one of the first to even post about Ms Griffin several years ago..........you will also find other posts where I defended Ms Griffin's low national rankings and more recently the Ossining program and it's players.........and of course there's still a fair chance she's headed down to Kentucky

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
it was hardly rocket science..it seemed pretty clear that she had a preference for Louisville and UConn from the get go...I don't remember that quote but I'm sure it was a reaction to DR's clear disdain for Geno after the AEH debacle...you could check but I believe I was either the first or one of the first to even post about Ms Griffin several years ago.....you will also find other posts where I defended Ms Griffin's low national rankings and more recently the Ossining program and it's players....and of course there's still a fair chance she's headed down to Kentucky
You were the second. @Sluconn Husky was first. October 2016.
Her father is Adrian Griffin who played in the NBA for 9 years and more importantly she can easily dunk a tennis ball

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Couple of thoughts.

Whoever is getting Griffin is getting a player that has not come close to reaching her potential. She may not have the ability to play multiple spots like Jones and Horston but certainly is athletic enough to provide quality minutes to either team.

Jones and Horston on the floor at the same time in u17 games makes Griffin an even better fit. In the other thread showing video of Jones, Haley indicated she had no preference which spot she played. I believe her. She was a brute guarding the post in Belarus. Play Jones wherever Griffin is the weakest.

I hope they take four but Geno is on record on several occasions indicating that he would prefer not taking that many. The four in question though would be a fabulous haul.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
it was hardly rocket science..it seemed pretty clear that she had a preference for Louisville and UConn from the get go...I don't remember that quote but I'm sure it was a reaction to DR's clear disdain for Geno after the AEH debacle...you could check but I believe I was either the first or one of the first to even post about Ms Griffin several years ago.....you will also find other posts where I defended Ms Griffin's low national rankings and more recently the Ossining program and it's players....and of course there's still a fair chance she's headed down to Kentucky

They could show her a certain person's statue and promise her one I suppose. Remind me where the greatest 6 foot combo guard of all time went? And there is this:

"After capping off her Louisville career, McCoughtry was the No. 1 pick in the 2009 WNBA Draft. Charles was the top pick in 2010, as was Moore in 2011. Having battled Charles and Moore in college and in the WNBA, McCoughtry said the national team is a nice change of pace.

"It was tough to play against them, but now that I can be on their team there’s no pressure," she said. "I can just play basketball."

Remember that great shot of McCoughtry wrapping Geno in an on his back bear hug after the final buzzer of the final against Spain? Alas it died with my fried laptop last winter and I can't find it!

Reaction Score
Couple of thoughts.

Whoever is getting Griffin is getting a player that has not come close to reaching her potential. She may not have the ability to play multiple spots like Jones and Horston but certainly is athletic enough to provide quality minutes to either team.

Jones and Horston on the floor at the same time in u17 games makes Griffin an even better fit. In the other thread showing video of Jones, Haley indicated she had no preference which spot she played. I believe her. She was a brute guarding the post in Belarus. Play Jones wherever Griffin is the weakest.

I hope they take four but Geno is on record on several occasions indicating that he would prefer not taking that many. The four in question though would be a fabulous haul.
I think you are right about her potential. She has the potential to play, in her own way and her own skills, as well as Tiffany Hayes.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
They could show her a certain person's statue and promise her one I suppose. Remind me where the greatest 6 foot combo guard of all time went? And there is this:

"After capping off her Louisville career, McCoughtry was the No. 1 pick in the 2009 WNBA Draft. Charles was the top pick in 2010, as was Moore in 2011. Having battled Charles and Moore in college and in the WNBA, McCoughtry said the national team is a nice change of pace.

"It was tough to play against them, but now that I can be on their team there’s no pressure," she said. "I can just play basketball."

Remember that great shot of McCoughtry wrapping Geno in an on his back bear hug after the final buzzer of the final against Spain? Alas it died with my fried laptop last winter and I can't find it!
rawImage.jpg

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Maybe this will help some boneyarders take a much needed step AWAY from the ledge :rolleyes::cool:
If she chooses Louisville over UConn, more Boneyarders than usual may jump off the ledge. If she chooses UConn, I wonder how that will affect the decision of other recruits considering UConn .

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Aubrey's dad has said that UConn is her dream school. Several months ago, she was interested in only UConn and Louisville and had an offer from only the latter. Then she added 3 schools to her list. That suggests to me that she was not sold on Louisville. UConn is much closer to home and could develop Aubrey into a professional player. I think this could be an easy choice for her. I don't think Aubrey is an absolute lock, but I like our chances.

Reaction Score

If only he could have coached her in college .......

Reaction Score
Really good news for UConn that she cancelled her other visits right after visiting Storrs. There is also a chance that she could have already verbally committed to UConn during her visit and just wanted some time to inform the other coaches before she announced it publicly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom