Griffin down to 2! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Griffin down to 2!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Darrell Griffith, not Griffin, is age 60. ;)

Darrell Griffith was a 6’4” guard (Utah Jazz) who was also known as “Dr. Dunkenstein”. ‍:cool: He had major hops (a 48" vertical) similar to David Thompson, who was also 6'4".

241524.jpg.0.jpg

Darrell Griffith

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Tennessee fans wondering if fan message boards influence choices of recruits. Claims of influence of a number of recruits (anonymous recruits, unspecific inuendo) except for Okey Dokey .Claim activity on one of their boards turned of Okey Dokey's family. I know we go round and round about the question a couple of times a year. I suspect it is the same as why a kid left a program; except in rare instances we'll never know.

Reaction Score
Tennessee fans wondering if fan message boards influence choices of recruits. Claims of influence of a number of recruits (anonymous recruits, unspecific inuendo) except for Okey Dokey .Claim activity on one of their boards turned of Okey Dokey's family. I know we go round and round about the question a couple of times a year. I suspect it is the same as why a kid left a program; except in rare instances we'll never know.

if comments on the BY ruffle a recruit's feathers, I'd say said recruit better find a different school..........anything said here is a joke compared to what Geno will most likely be saying to them on the practice court.........

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
if comments on the BY ruffle a recruit's feathers, I'd say said recruit better find a different school.....anything said here is a joke compared to what Geno will most likely be saying to them on the practice court....

I concur. But you never no when a recruit's mom, dad, coach or grandmother will get offended for whatever reason and have some decision making influence. That was the claim on Chrystn, that her family was offended by stuff on a Tenn board. At least it wasn't a claim about purses and UConn. Calling themselves out for board activity. All unsubstantiated of course.

Reaction Score
I concur. But you never no when a recruit's mom, dad, coach or grandmother will get offended for whatever reason and have some decision making influence. That was the claim on Chrystn, that her family was offended by stuff on a Tenn board. At least it wasn't a claim about purses and UConn. Calling themselves out for board activity. All unsubstantiated of course.

just watching the disorganized mess that is Tennessee basketball most days should have offended them far more.........

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
So, let's be optimistic and say UConn does land three of its four targets. For argument sake, let's say it's the law firm of Boston & Horston plus Griffin. What impact does that have on the Huskies recruiting top prospects such as Bueckers, Van Lith and Brink the following season? I've heard that good players want to play with good players but can there be too much of a good thing?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
One down - yippee- and 3 to go? Who predicted this first? I forget. Yeah, I'm kidding. Please let us not debate that again.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
So, let's be optimistic and say UConn does land three of its four targets. For argument sake, let's say it's the law firm of Boston & Horston plus Griffin. What impact does that have on the Huskies recruiting top prospects such as Bueckers, Van Lith and Brink the following season? I've heard that good players want to play with good players but can there be too much of a good thing?

I will take a stab at this.

1. Golden State proved it is possible for mega stars to play together.
2. Jones and Horston are adept at playing multiple positions and looked great together at u17 worlds. Both will fit well at wherever they choose.
3. Boston plays a bunch immediately wherever she goes. She is a good offensive player, especially on the post but a terrific interior defender.
4. I am not sure if Bueckers and Van Lith go to the same spot. It is possible though, because Bueckers could be a monster two.
5. Brink might have to wait a bit at certain places because of her slight frame.
6. All the kids you mentioned, plus Fudd from 21 would fit well at UCONN.
7. Griffin's upside is huge. Don't know yet what her spot will be. Let us hope she has a healthy senior year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Other than Gusters, who may not want to play behind Boston or to leave Texas, I think there is no impact. Both Bueckers and Van Lith play different positions than Grifin and Boston, and Jones and Horston can play almost anywhere. Geno really likes the 2019 kids and really, really likes the 2020 kids.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Other than Gusters, who may not want to play behind Boston or to leave Texas, I think there is no impact. Both Bueckers and Van Lith play different positions than Grifin and Boston, and Jones and Horston can play almost anywhere. Geno really likes the 2019 kids and really, really likes the 2020 kids.
I have a question for Milford,

Bueckers plays point for her high school team. Yet, in the u17 worlds, it seemed Fudd and Van Lith got the majority of the time at the point. Where do you project Bueckers? As unselfish and tall as she is, I would think most teams would want her at the point.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have a question for Milford,

Bueckers plays point for her high school team. Yet, in the u17 worlds, it seemed Fudd and Van Lith got the majority of the time at the point. Where do you project Bueckers? As unselfish and tall as she is, I would think most teams would want her at the point.
I think it depends on who else we have. Paige can play the 1 or 2 or possibly the 3. Geno likens her to Diana. She should have the ball in her hands a lot. If she comes with Van Lith, it will be almost like having Sue and Diana in the same class. How do Sue and Dee do when they play together? I think they win almost every championship. If we happen to get Hailey and Paige--or even if we don't--I don't expect to see Azzi playing PG. She's the purest shooter since KML.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Some of us are always at the edge; makes us feel alive. Works for mountain goats too. :p
Except when an eagle comes along and pulls it off the ledge and they fall a thousand feet to their death.

There are videos on YouTube of that. And of about every other thing an eagle will attack.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Got two white heads and an immature baldy wearing a brown wig hanging around now. For ground squirrels and gut piles;it's bow season for elk out here and so.... Vultures with white heads.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The subject matter is a high school player! You are aiding and abetting his Twitter following of a high school girl. You brought it to the Boneyard, not Carl! You! You just did what you are so sanctimoniously carping about. :eek::D:p Do you live in a glass house? ;)

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Is Carl adamec a player?

No pithy comment on my reply?

The subject matter is a high school player! You are aiding and abetting his Twitter following of a high school girl. You brought it to the Boneyard, not Carl! You! You just did what you are so sanctimoniously carping about. :);) Do you live in a glass house? :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think it depends on who else we have. Paige can play the 1 or 2 or possibly the 3. Geno likens her to Diana. She should have the ball in her hands a lot. If she comes with Van Lith, it will be almost like having Sue and Diana in the same class. How do Sue and Dee do when they play together? I think they win almost every championship. If we happen to get Hailey and Paige--or even if we don't--I don't expect to see Azzi playing PG. She's the purest shooter since KML.

I couldn’t agree more with your observation about Sue and Dee. Anytime they play together, they don’t hope to win, they expect to win the championship in whatever tournament or league they’re in. Just like the USA Basketball squads do when they engage in international play.

If I’m Geno, I’m stocking the corral with as many thoroughbreds as I can today!! Tomorrow will take care of itself. Unless I have some hard and serious verbals (silent or otherwise) from players in future classes, I’m aggressively bagging as many of my coveted 2019 recruits that I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom