Gregg Doyel: UConn win over Florida, a fluke | The Boneyard

Gregg Doyel: UConn win over Florida, a fluke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Florida started 3 walk-ons during that game, and Shabazz and to bank a shot off the scoreboard to win it. We have no chance tomorrow.[/quote

Finney Smith had a broken ear drum, Prather had the stomach flu, Patric couldn't lift his left arm and Ilkeydin (sp?) was missing a big chunk of his mohawk and was embarrassed to run out there……they were in a shambles.

And obviously with just 50 points they couldn't make anything - you can tell that because of how often they are way over the 60 mark!

NO SHOT

Reaction Score
What kind of moron goes up to a player of a team in a final 4 and tells him that he doesn't respect the team's performance in one of their games? they had no business of winning a game. So what? Games hinge on shots made, refs calls, the bounce of a ball. Who is to say if we made a couple more shots in the game if it even comes down to that last play? The basic lack of respect to Neils is absurd.

Reaction Score
I hadn't realized someone actually hired Doyel.

Reaction Score
What kind of moron goes up to a player of a team in a final 4 and tells him that he doesn't respect the team's performance in one of their games? they had no business of winning a game. So what? Games hinge on shots made, refs calls, the bounce of a ball. Who is to say if we made a couple more shots in the game if it even comes down to that last play? The basic lack of respect to Neils is absurd.

What kind of moron? This one:

gregg-doyel.jpg

A 's .

Reaction Score
Just another member of the media that's only looking at one side of the coin. Why does every talking head fail to acknowledge that we aren't the same team from December, or even February?

Reaction Score
First of all, putting aside the rudeness of the question, even if the win was a "fluke", how would a one-point loss to Florida prove that the Gators are such a superior team? Pretty flawed logic.

Reaction Score
I get I Florida is really good and has improved since our meeting but it's bizarre how the media fails to point out that we've improve a lot as well. Do they all think Olander and Omar still start?

Reaction Score
Wow, taking arrogance to new heights and establishing a journalistic bar for collegiate disrespect. Giff took the high road, Doyel took the tunnel.

Reaction Score
I guess that's why they play the games! A win is a win.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I get I Florida is really good and has improved since our meeting but it's bizarre how the media fails to point out that we've improve a lot as well. Do they all think Olander and Omar still start?
USA Today does. He is the 25 most important player left in the Tournament. Calhoun, for the good of the team, has been reduced to ML Carr, circa 1986. His towel waving contributes to every one of Napier's 3 pointers.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't give less of a duckk about what Gregg Doyel has to say.

He's the definition of a contrarian. No one...and I mean no one...respects anything that's written in one of his columns.

Reaction Score
But but but your team got lucky! His whole column is like how we used to debate sports in middle school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom