Greatest Starting 5 of All Time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Greatest Starting 5 of All Time

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nobody has mentioned this, but we are a #2 seed in this bracket. That's pretty solid "blue blood" status.

• Looking at the top squads, Duke isn't that impressive really.
  • North Carolina, somebody has to stop Jordan and Worthy, but they've got only Hansbrough at center. There is no way that team beats Kansas or UCLA.
  • Kansas is pretty brutal up front with Chamberlain, Manning and Pierce, but the guards aren't that strong. Jo Jo White should be there in place of Hinrich or Mason.
  • Kentucky isn't that impressive at all.
  • UCLA...I am not sure how anyone handles Jabaar and Walton on the same team. That's a bit unfair since both are pure centers, then add Westbrook and Reggie Miller.
  • I'm not sure who they have for Georgetown, but assume Ewing, Mourning, Iverson, Williams and Floyd. Damn that's a great team.
  • Houston was robbed. Has a top 3 up there with anyone. Should be in the bracket.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

We should handle LSU easily before almost certainly losing to Duke.

I bet we lose. These things are a popularity contest and UConn is simply not popular, certainly not when going up against an LSU. People still equate football power with athletics power overall, it doesn't matter if they are voting for all time top 5 ping pong players.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Gotta think having Drummond somewhere on this squad would help pull some votes from younger bball fans who have no allegiance to UConn.

Reaction Score
Gotta think having Drummond somewhere on this squad would help pull some votes from younger bball fans who have no allegiance to UConn.

Younger people in general or current UConn students?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How does Purdue even make it in over Houston?

Especially if Joe Barry Carroll is left off the team.

Hakeem Olajuwan is one of the 10 best players in NBA history, and was a dominant college player too. Houston should have been in the bracket.

Reaction Score
Lsu has 51 percent of the vote, come on uconn fans, ONE DAY Left, let's swing this over to Uconn!

Reaction Score
We're likely to lose this one as "All-Time NBA Greats" generally trumps "good players who won recent NCAA championships" and we're losing All Time Greats 3-1.

Reaction Score
Who cares about polls like this. UConn buried a Shaq-led LSU team in the tournament in 1991. That's the one that really counted.

Reaction Score

LSU should win this fairly easily. Since this seems to be about just the best basketball players and not what they won in college. LSU has three of the best players ever in Maravich, Shaq, and Petit. I would put Chris Jackson on their team over Macklin.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I voted UConn, but there’s no way we beat Shaq, Pistol Pete, and Pettit (NBA MVP).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I voted UConn, but there’s no way we beat Shaq, Pistol Pete, and Pettit (NBA MVP).
I guess but UConn made Shaq look pedestrian when they actually played.

Just voted it's 50/50 right now. Posting to bump the thread.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I guess but UConn made Shaq look pedestrian when they actually played.

Just voted it's 50/50 right now. Posting to bump the thread.
We are gonna lose, the instagram vote is at 61% to our 39%.

Reaction Score
LSU should win this fairly easily. Since this seems to be about just the best basketball players and not what they won in college. LSU has three of the best players ever in Maravich, Shaq, and Petit. I would put Chris Jackson on their team over Macklin.

Abdul-rauf is Chris Jackson

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom