Greatest high school football player in Connecticut history | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Greatest high school football player in Connecticut history

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
If you're talking only about running backs there was a player named Joe Addison at Fitch High in Groton some years back who was really really good and fun to watch.
Joe Addison ran in the same backfield with Ray Scott - they both went over 1000 yards in '76 I think. That team was dominant all over the field though.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if Burrell played football did he? i don't remember him playing.

Burrell definitely played football at Hamden. He ran over my high school my freshman year (his senior) playing QB or RB.

Reaction Score
Arkeel Newsome was the most dominating player in CT high school history. I think he may need to be a lot more effective in college for people to remember that though. How quickly we forget.

Reaction Score
I don't recall another H.S. football player in CT that I've seen play with my own eyes, that was able to do everything Brogna did on the field.

Kenny Tinney....he did everything but kick field goals. Dual-threat QB, legit 4.3 speed, lock-down CB, returned 7 punts for touchdown his senior year (state record, one off the national record), and returned 3 KO for TD.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No mention of Tom Condon. Played 12 years in the NFL, all but 1 as a starter. He was a KC Chief back when they used to be good.

Reaction Score
Not the most savory character (speaking of going to BC of course not the roids and fighting) but gotta give love to Bill Romanowski bought my high school (Rockville High) the lights for our field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom