OT: - Great TV Westerns Theme Songs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Great TV Westerns Theme Songs

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As much as I enjoy all the themes, this one kinda brings me home. I just got pangs of nostalgia as soon as I heard it, remembering the countless late Saturday evenings when, as a young boy, I'd watch Gunsmoke with my Dad. Those were halcyon days for me.

Aluminny69 and Carnac, there's no way of knowing, but I'd bet my Dad saw darned near all of the episodes!
Both my parents were BIG fans of Doc, Chester, Matt and Miss Kitty from the beginning when the Gunsmoke episodes were only 30 minutes. :) Two things my father loved: Westerns and boxing. That's why I'm familiar with so many TV westerns of the 50-60's era.

We only had 1 TV, and I was the remote control. Change the channel and adjust the rabbit ears. The only time I got to watch my kiddie shows was the early evening hours from 3-6 pm. When dad got home from work, the TV was his!!!! :confused: We had to watch whatever HE watched. I don't know how it was in YOUR house, but that's how it was in mine.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’m shocked that no one has mentioned the very popular series Cheyenne with Clint Walker. :eek:

Reaction Score
Love it, Hoops66, did then, and still do now.

I'm curious how they manage to have all those credits and never bother to tell anyone that Rossini inadvertently played a major role in the success of The Long Ranger!
Agree, for sure, and my other post on Sgt. Preston of the 'Yukon' (far north Western?) which had another classical piece, this one from Donna Diana by Emil von Reznicek. I still love it as I did as a kid. Here's the overture FYI.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I’m shocked that no one has mentioned the very popular series Cheyenne with Clint Walker. :eek:
Clint Walker was a major heartthrob and probably the main reason my mother watched this show. Also loved him in The Dirty Dozen.
From WIKI:
Cheyenne was an American Western television series of 108 black-and-white episodes broadcast on ABC from 1955 to 1962. The show was the first hour-long Western, and was the first hour-long dramatic series of any kind, with continuing characters, to last more than one season.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Boneyard posters are amazing! I think you got almost all of them. Wait a minute, lrt'd noy forget The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp.
From WIKI
The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp is the first Western television series written for adults,[1] premiering four days before Gunsmoke on September 6, 1955.[2][3] Two weeks later came the Clint Walker western Cheyenne. The series is loosely based on the life of frontier marshal Wyatt Earp. The half-hour, black-and-white program aired for six seasons (229 episodes) on ABC from 1955 to 1961, with Hugh O'Brian in the title role.

I'm not quite sure, what is the difference between Brave, Courageous, and Bold?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
To prove the beauty of this music, This is from a 1964 LP "Pop's Roundup" performed by the Boston Pops under direction of Arthur Fiedler. Super album and this is the opening medley. Enjoy!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom