Great team we have but | The Boneyard

Great team we have but

Reaction Score
I think the emphasis this year is creating match up problems. We can go big and small. We can play half court, and we can run with great athletes. But this year we can also press because we have that depth. You ask about PT? I say, good luck scouting us. Good luck figuring out who to stop. And which style we may employ against you.

Reaction Score
It appears to me that he can create many different combinations of players and platoon them like changing lines in hockey... That would present mindboggling and confusing problems for opposing defenses and offenses. I think it is a great problem to have.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I’m thinking this may be the year we play a lot of full court press and utilize ten or eleven players who will be asked to play full out scrappy defense because of our depth.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of assumptions in here. Assuming Solo makes a big jump, assuming Ross is able to consistently perform after not playing, and assuming Nowell and Abraham are able to be productive players in year 1, then we have 10 guys.

Lot of assumptions that I’m sure Hurley won’t bank on. I think he’ll stick with a strong 8 of Diarra/Mahaney/Ball/McNeeley/Karaban/Stewart/Samson/Reed and then let 1 other guy get situational minutes

But hey, we’ve done well with bold assumptions the last few years. I guess we’ll see lol

Reaction Score
There are a lot of assumptions in here. Assuming Solo makes a big jump, assuming Ross is able to consistently perform after not playing, and assuming Nowell and Abraham are able to be productive players in year 1, then we have 10 guys.

Lot of assumptions that I’m sure Hurley won’t bank on. I think he’ll stick with a strong 8 of Diarra/Mahaney/Ball/McNeeley/Karaban/Stewart/Samson/Reed and then let 1 other guy get situational minutes

But hey, we’ve done well with bold assumptions the last few years. I guess we’ll see lol
And think about all the fun that the "pump the brakes" crowd deprived themselves of last year and the year before.

Reaction Score
Do we have too many good players and not enough pt? That’s the only prob I see. Enough pt for 11 worthy players
Well lets see. Playing time seems to be pretty locked in at 200 minutes per game, could try and force lot of OT games I guess. Having too many good players, can always hope some are not that good. Ask the girls team how bad luck with injuries can cut down on number of good players available.

Biggest problem is even if you are the best team it's hard to win the NCAA tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom