Great Read on Napheesa | The Boneyard

Great Read on Napheesa

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Here is a quote you don't see every day.

"I love the fact that she can put the ball on the floor and that she can stretch the floor," two-time WNBA MVP Candace Parker tells B/R. "She plays bigger than she is. That's the type of game coming into the WNBA that will translate, because that's where the WNBA is now. It's positionless.

"Obviously, I'm in no way a Connecticut fan, but I'm a Phee fan because I know how much work she puts in."

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Here is a quote you don't see every day. "Obviously, I'm in no way a Connecticut fan, but I'm a Phee fan because I know how much work she puts in."

Yeah, coming from Parker, an avowed UCONN hater, no less. I liked this quote from a 2nd grade Napeesa from which many adults can learn.
"Mom, Coach kept telling everybody, 'Good job, good job,'" she said. "But nobody was doing a good job!" No challenge, no improvement.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Well written article, informative, and laced with personal details and vignettes. Thanks to the poster for sharing.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's a fantastic article. Thanks for sharing it.

Napheesa is one of a kind. I am so happy I'm a fan of the team she's played for. She'll forever be one of the greatest ambassadors UConn has ever had.

Reaction Score
A couple thoughts. Great article... I hope she reads it today before the game as a reminder and motivation of the sweat and tears put in for these moments.

Also, they should put this story in a presentation / leave behind for every recruit on why they should come to UConn. If you desire to be pushed and be the best you can be then UConn! Before anyone complains I know there are other coaches and programs that are successful but none can compare to the consistency of winning and players being ready for the WNBA.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm going to miss Napheesa! She is one of the best at her position in UCONN History.
She is one of the best in UConn history. Period.

Both Phee and Maya were born in Jefferson City, MO. Is there something in the water there??

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"She played with a ton of heart," says Kia Nurse, her former roommate, who's now with the WNBA’s New York Liberty. As we know, Kia is an International Badass. When she talks about heart, people listen.

And her teammate Gabby: "It's not for everyone," Williams says now. "But everyone doesn't have 11 national championships."

Reaction Score
She is one of the best in UConn history. Period.

Both Phee and Maya were born in Jefferson City, MO. Is there something in the water there??

MIL: Don't have any data on the water there, but do have every reason to believe that a rather sharp recruiter has been out that way at least a couple of times

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom