Great news UConn nation: Jordan Hawkins ready to go | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Great news UConn nation: Jordan Hawkins ready to go

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Also called the hangover. I had the 24 hour bug many times in high school and college.
I've had more than enough of those in my life. The 24 hour bug was a little different (but at times with similar symptoms).

Reaction Score

The drained comment worries me. Luckily miami might be one of those teams hawkins doesn’t need limitless cardio to get open against

Reaction Score
Well most importantly the Hawk is on his feet and appears to be ok. Hopefully the time it takes till game time will do some good and he has enough adrenaline for 3 hours.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Sounds like the norovirus that’s been going around. I had it during the second round game. Twelve hours of “double dragon” and then a couple days of feeling drained and having a tough time looking at food.

Reaction Score
I think so too but as you said, it's the final 4 so everyone will be a little uneasy until we get the all clear. The report wasn't overly enthusiastic about how he is feeling so while I'm pretty sure he will give it a go, I'm more concerned about how he plays and how much he plays given his illness.
yeah especially with his style of running around endlessly to tire out his opponents. But he might not be able to do that. Fingers crossed he fully recovers by game time.

Reaction Score
D
Yup 24 hour bug was a good one to get out of going to school when I was a kid. That is until our moms got smart and spoiled that ploy.
Didnt work for us…no school, we had to stay in bed. No going out later. I just went to school sick because i usually felt better by the end of the day.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Tex Mex, will get you every time

Reaction Score
Shooting in a massive football stadium is a whole other animal. Different backdrop, court is raised etc.
I might date myself here but I remember the Mark Macon game when he was an amazing player for Temple years ago. Played in one of these giant dome football stadiums and it was not pretty. Depth perception was way off. Air balls and bricks all game.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the norovirus that’s been going around. I had it during the second round game. Twelve hours of “double dragon” and then a couple days of feeling drained and having a tough time looking at food.
Should have taken mixture of bentonite Clay hear it clears up food poisoning fast. Takes toxins out body.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Bread must be a tell. I'd be more comfortable seeing him chewing down on a:

View attachment 86355
Agreed. I like to know if he could even hold it in his hands without having to run to the bathroom. Hopefully just a 24 hour bug but now they even have those liquid protein drinks like Gatorade. No way he will be 100% pre game but once the adrenaline kicks in I think he will be ok.

Reaction Score
I might date myself here but I remember the Mark Macon game when he was an amazing player for Temple years ago. Played in one of these giant dome football stadiums and it was not pretty. Depth perception was way off. Air balls and bricks all game.
Yeah that's the way our UCONN team looked back in 2011. It was a rough first half,. Butler bad shooting cont. Into 2nd half

Reaction Score
yeah especially with his style of running around endlessly to tire out his opponents. But he might not be able to do that. Fingers crossed he fully recovers by game time.

He will do it, it’s how he plays, but maybe for less minutes. A great outcome would be, we build a big lead and he can sit more than normal. Survive and advance!!!!

Reaction Score
I could see his minutes being slightly altered if he still feels under the weather. If so, hopefully Naheim and Joey play out of their minds and pick him up.

Reaction Score
7C040E8C-E051-4EF7-9649-88A2EA9C5F9D.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom