Great news re. Heather! | The Boneyard

Great news re. Heather!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Check the news link above. X-rays showed no break.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Terrific news. She's made such great strides, and I'd to see her take a step back because of an injury.

Reaction Score
Terrific news. She's made such great strides, and I'd to see her take a step back because of an injury.
Apparently there will be more news later tonight or early tomorrow (as per John A). Here's hoping that it's good news - after the terrific work she did in the Baylor game, I'm really hoping that she can keep going and build on that.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I'll take it as good news but I'm not buying into everything is peachy yet. No news yet I assume on ligaments and soft tissues? Bad sprains can take a long time to heal and a very long time for full strength in the joint. Don;t want to be a party pooper but the fracture part is only a piece of the wholestory we need to hear before celebrating.

Crossing my fingers that the next news will be as positive. We got thin in the post pretty fast.

Reaction Score
I hope its good news later tonight, or early tomorrow, the kid has played her heart out so far this year.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
It is good news -- and, if I may be so bold, since offense isn't (currently) her main focus, it might speed the return (if it doesn't do further injury) 'cause, well, defense requires more butts than blocks.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hope for the best for Heather. I have not seen anyone play Griner tougher. Kudos! Heather is beginning to make her mark on games, by doing what she does well. Keep it up!

Reaction Score
I am really happy that nothing is broken. I have to believe that the evaluation and treatment given since the Baylor game had to be precautionary. Otherwise it makes no sense to wait until she got back to CT to be checked out.

Reaction Score
She played hard enough to break that wrist so this news is both wonderful and surprising for me. (Breathing a sigh of relief)

Reaction Score
I hope for the best for Heather. I have not seen anyone play Griner tougher. Kudos! Heather is beginning to make her mark on games, by doing what she does well. Keep it up!
We have seen Heather building up towards a much high level of play for a # of weeks now! Let us hope,she is healthy,emtionally,mentally,breaking through what has prevented her from going to the next level!

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
I hope its good news later tonight, or early tomorrow, the kid has played her heart out so far this year.

Soft tissue (muscles and tendons) injuries in the wrist can be very slow to heal. The wrist has a large number of inter-connected muscles and tendons with very complex inter-actions. When I first saw the play with Heather absorbing her full weight on her hands (with her wrists at essentially a 90 degree bend), I groaned. There was little chance of "no injury".

I am certainly hopeful that she has done something that will heal quickly; but my expectation is that she may be out of action for at least two weeks and likely a month or more.

I am praying for Heather while waiting for additional medical reports.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
good information from alex and OC. hopefully it's not as bad as people worried about and is just a mild sprain...

Reaction Score
I don't know a lot about wrist injuries but I keep thinking of the people I;ve known who had serious ankle sprains and had doctors tell them that sometimes a broken ankle heals more quickly. I certainly hope it's nothing like that. This is just so unfortunate, coming when it did.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'll take it as good news but I'm not buying into everything is peachy yet. No news yet I assume on ligaments and soft tissues? Bad sprains can take a long time to heal and a very long time for full strength in the joint. Don;t want to be a party pooper but the fracture part is only a piece of the wholestory we need to hear before celebrating.

Crossing my fingers that the next news will be as positive. We got thin in the post pretty fast.

Agreed. When I was young (like around 10ish?), I sprained my wrist pretty badly (almost got sick from the pain). It was a few weeks before I could use it again....for baseball.

Of course I didn't have UCONN's trainers either.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Agreed. When I was young (like around 10ish?), I sprained my wrist pretty badly (almost got sick from the pain). It was a few weeks before I could use it again....for baseball.

Of course I didn't have UCONN's trainers either.
Wrist injuries are notoriously problematic for baseball players.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that she is coming back for a 5th year.
Potentional at times for a front line of SD @ 6-5 BS @ 6-4 and HB @ 6-3.
That's a front line nobody could match for height.
Geno would be Lord of the NC Rings--The Triple Towers!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wrist injuries are notoriously problematic for baseball players.
Well I really wasn't much of a baseball player at that point. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Well I really wasn't much of a baseball player at that point. :)
Nomar is an example of a player who long had problems after busting up his wrist.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im so pleased to hear the good news. Hope she heals quickly. I am so looking forward to her continued improvement

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Some consolation awards are better than others.

Reaction Score
You have it right. Broken bones have a good blood supply and heal faster than torn ligments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom