Great Falls Brewing North Canaan, CT.- Idahohusky | The Boneyard

Great Falls Brewing North Canaan, CT.- Idahohusky

Reaction Score
Visited a few CT. Breweries yesterday and Great Falls Brewing was first on the list. This is Idahohusky's place and it's a great spot in the beautiful old refurbished train depot in North Canaan. Delicious beers, really nice people, and a chill atmosphere. Go visit a fellow Husky.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Looks fantastic:

Any particular recommendations? I'm very into hazy/unfiltered/New England IPAs, so it looks like I'd have a large selection to sample.

A good baseline for my preferred type is Other Half's Green City, which is super thick & creamy but has very little in the way of citrus or bitterness (as far as IPAs go).

Reaction Score
Looks fantastic:

Any particular recommendations? I'm very into hazy/unfiltered/New England IPAs, so it looks like I'd have a large selection to sample.

A good baseline for my preferred type is Other Half's Green City, which is super thick & creamy but has very little in the way of citrus or bitterness (as far as IPAs go).
You'll love the Lazy Hazy Housy, it's really an outstanding beer. I'm no expert but it tasted as good as any IPA I can remember anywhere. I really liked the triple IPA as well, Housachronic.

He had some sort of beer called the Blue Devil something or other. I was told he lost a bet.

Reaction Score
If you follow them on social media, they always have something cool going on there too.

Reaction Score
that's my old stomping ground, very cool place

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Coincidentally, I stopped by for the first time on Friday. I liked all the beers I tried except for the TIPA. It reminded me a bit of Big Cranky/90 Minute of which I am not a fan. Nice place.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Trivia - Idahohusky taught my freshman Lit class in college and didn’t round my 89.7 to an A-. Some people say I still haven’t gotten over it yet.

It’d be a shame - a damned shame - if you were unable to round up your high-four star Yelp review to five stars, given your history with the proprietor.

Reaction Score
I made the trip up there a few weekends ago. The place is absolutely beautiful with great beer and a great vibe. we snaked on some locally sourced meat and cheese plates which really hit the spot. My only complaint is that my Foosball skills have eroded tremendously.

With Legitmus in New Hartford, Little Red Barn in Winsted, Norbrook in Colebrook, and Great Falls, there's a really special Northwest corner brewery trail.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
With Legitmus in New Hartford, Little Red Barn in Winsted, Norbrook in Colebrook, and Great Falls, there's a really special Northwest corner brewery trail.
Finish it off at Sasso's in Torrington, which is the best pizza I've ever had.

Reaction Score
Finish it off at Sasso's in Torrington, which is the best pizza I've ever had.

Never heard of Sassso's. in Torrington, but I'll check into it. I always gravitate to The Berkshire Cafe for pizza. That weekend I finished off my brewery visits with pizza from Monaco's Ristorante in Winsted.

Reaction Score
That's the town I grew up in. It's a great spot and the guys do a great job there.

Please support it. Canaan's had a rough go of it the last few years - the business and traffic helps.

Reaction Score
My buddy was the head brewmaster there for the opening up until a few months ago. Def love the vibe and some of the beers I tasted

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Never heard of Sassso's. in Torrington, but I'll check into it. I always gravitate to The Berkshire Cafe for pizza.
Sasso's is new-ish (just a few years old). For what it's worth I rate it slightly ahead of Anthony's, and far ahead of the Berk.

Reaction Score
Sasso's is new-ish (just a few years old). For what it's worth I rate it slightly ahead of Anthony's, and far ahead of the Berk.
Wow! That's saying something!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom