Great Bands From the '90s | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Great Bands From the '90s

Reaction Score
tool-ice-logo-sticker_290.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sometimes I think I was born on the wrong side of the pond. That whole Madchester scene really speaks to me Stone Roses, Blur, Oasis, etc.

American bands brought it too: Rage, Nirvana, NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer.

I listened to soooo much Techno back then. Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, The Prodigy, Underworld, Orbital, Aphex Twin, Photek, Crystal Method, Junkie XL, Ken Ishii, Roni Size, Mocean Worker.

Wu-Tang! Outkast too. If you want to count rap groups.

Radiohead and Daft Punk are most often at the top of my list of favorites.

Stone Roses yes. And Pumpkinzzzz

Reaction Score
Just looked up Big Head Todd and The Monsters. They are playing Friday night in Greenwich and Sunday night at Infinity Hall in Hartford. Any of you living in CT. should go, if I was in town I would be there both nights.

Reaction Score
Big Head Todd and The Monsters is one of my all-time favorite bands. Amazes me they never got bigger than they did, they have everything you want in a band and Todd is an incredible frontman.

He really is. They have a new album about to come out. I'd love to see them and The Samples at Red Rocks some day.

Reaction Score
Just looked up Big Head Todd and The Monsters. They are playing Friday night in Greenwich and Sunday night at Infinity Hall in Hartford. Any of you living in CT. should go, if I was in town I would be there both nights.

I second this. You won't regret it. The classiest American Rock and Roll band going.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He really is. They have a new album about to come out. I'd love to see them and The Samples at Red Rocks some day.

The Samples....that's another one. Classic high school band.

Seen both of these acts multiple times.

Reaction Score
The Samples....that's another one. Classic high school band.

Seen both of these acts multiple times.

Did you see them with the video in the background with the dolphins?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Did you see them with the video in the background with the dolphins?

Why does that sound familiar? I want to say yes, but my memory is a little blurry from those times.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
3 Doors Down
Brooks and Dunn
Foo Fighters

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'll open it up with Big Head Todd. Saw them with Rat Dog in Richmond a while back. Big Head Todd was better.

I wasn't a fan of the 1990's musically, but I did like Big Head Todd & The Monsters. I saw them live at the KC Jazz and Blues festival back around 94 or 95. They were great.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Fwiw, Jayhawks were the backing band on Ray Davies' latest album.

Son Volt was depressing. Pre YHF Wilco was fun. Loved the first Golden Smog.

That's really cool. Didn't know that. My wife is a huge Ray Davies fan.

Reaction Score
I think Big Head Todd is very similar to Buffalo Tom - one really great album yet bands never caught on nationally and weren't able to build on their breakout work. Different reasons I think, regardless Big Red Letter Day and Sister Sweetly are solidly in my top 10 albums of the 90's.

Reaction Score
I think Big Head Todd is very similar to Buffalo Tom - one really great album yet bands never caught on nationally and weren't able to build on their breakout work. Different reasons I think, regardless Big Red Letter Day and Sister Sweetly are solidly in my top 10 albums of the 90's.

The album in '97 with Resignation Superman was pretty good.

Collective Soul might be another.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'll throw out an oddball band I liked, I think because I could sing the songs and have them sound pretty much ok. Crash Test Dummies. The Ghosts that Haunt Me was a pretty impressive debut album.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'll throw out an oddball band I liked, I think because I could sing the songs and have them sound pretty much ok. Crash Test Dummies. The Ghosts that Haunt Me was a pretty impressive debut album.

Craziest voice in the game.

Reaction Score
Fwiw, Jayhawks were the backing band on Ray Davies' latest album.

Son Volt was depressing. Pre YHF Wilco was fun. Loved the first Golden Smog.

That's really cool. Didn't know that. My wife is a huge Ray Davies fan.

I like the Jayhawks, and I love the Kinks. I heard about the Ray Davies/Jayhawks album (fittingly, it’s called "Americana”) a couple of months ago. Need to get it, I’m quite intrigued at the combination as well.

Reaction Score
This song from the 90's always gives me chills. It's haunting especially knowing what happened to so many in that decade and with so many since.

Watch "K's Choice Not an addict" on YouTube

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

If you can sing Crash Test Dummies, you should try out to become the new Dan LaFontaine...

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If you can sing Crash Test Dummies, you should try out to become the new Dan LaFontaine...

Don't really sound like that when I talk though.

I forgot how much I liked that album. Somehow stuff like MMM MMMM or whatever was popular, but for me their best song is Comin' Back Soon (the bereft man's song). There's not a bad song on that whole album. Lyrics are really clever and music is inspired, with that medieval troubadour sound.

Reaction Score

where does one play shows in Greenwich? Curious as i grew up in the area and there is not really any music venues other than maybe a bar

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom