Great article about Morgan Tuck | The Boneyard

Great article about Morgan Tuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
“I stopped practice,” Meier explained, “and said, ‘Tuck what did you just do?’ She’s like, ‘well I saw the curl and I read it and popped.’ I was like, ‘I’d been running that play 20 years Morgan, and I’ve never had someone show me that wrinkle.”’

:)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Tuck is going to have an amazing career at UCONN!

So glad she chose Storrs for 4 years ;)

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
Do I hear just a bit of Chris Dailey in here?

We’re USA Basketball, and this is how we play, this is how we perform, this is how we dress, this is how we carry ourselves.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Isn't it remarkable that Morgan is recognized as a leader on the USA team but may not be a starter for UConn in the upcoming season?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
“I stopped practice,” Meier explained, “and said, ‘Tuck what did you just do?’ She’s like, ‘well I saw the curl and I read it and popped.’ I was like, ‘I’d been running that play 20 years Morgan, and I’ve never had someone show me that wrinkle.”’

:)
UConn lingo... and the same reason why Stokes played well (or is playing well) in the summer league. Great Teaching and not just going thru the motions being pampered.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks, it is a good read. She seems focused, doesn't she?

Reaction Score
I believe this is what Geno and company sees when recruiting.It's not enough to have talent.Desire,hard work,attitude,never giving up,intellect,team orientated young ladies.Morgan is this,and a great example why Connecticut girls are special,and why they are successful throughout their lives.Go Morgan!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There comes a time in your career when everything you've learned comes together. Usually that happens when you stop thinking and just get out there and play the game, the rest will just happen. Becoming to dependent on your coach and will cause you to think to much thus not perform the way you can when your just playing. There comes a time when you cut the ties with your coach and play the game. The only time you will need your coach is to tweak you.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Despite injury, Morgan had a good freshman year. Geno was very willing to put her in big games, which is fairly rare for a rookie. She had a solid post-season that was over-shadowed by Stewie's other-worldly performance. Morgan is a solid player and a solid person.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
One of the surprising aspects for me during the Final Four was how often the three freshmen were on the floor at the same time and they more then held their own. They played significant minutes together even when the games were still in doubt. Geno had full confidence with the three freshmen.

Despite injury, Morgan had a good freshman year. Geno was very willing to put her in big games, which is fairly rare for a rookie. She had a solid post-season that was over-shadowed by Stewie's other-worldly performance. Morgan is a solid player and a solid person.

HGN

Reaction Score
Very nice article.........Morgan seems to be maturing into a leadership role that she may have to someday take. UConn will not lack for leadership with Stef , Bria , Morgan , and Stewie around for the next few years.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What impresses me most with these very good recruits is how well they buy into coming off the bench. The coaches obviously recruit specific traits, but what a player says and how they react to the reality are two different things. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes, but the public face, and the play suggest that the players really are OK. USA basketball is obviously a good training ground as they are growing up, because pretty much every where else they play they are the 'star' before arriving in Storrs.
It also doesn't hurt to be able to point to Diana and Maya (as two examples) and say - they weren't starting their freshman years either.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Right, she's simply the classic UConn personality, as all of the above wrote in various ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom