GRAHAM STEWART TO UCONN... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

GRAHAM STEWART TO UCONN...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I just checked a couple Gator boards and they seem to be unhappy with him leaving...which is a good thing. I don't think it was a matter of him not being good enough...it truly is a location issue. They felt he wasn't going to start, but would be on the two deep. They also say he is a very good student.

Sounds like a great addition to the team. The transfers that PP is getting are really going to make a difference on the field. Mateas....Donohue...Phillips...Whitmer...all may be starters this year. Stewart sounds like another top quality transfer..and he has 3 years eligibility left.

I bet Stewart will be a great recruiter for the school. Have the local recruits stay with Graham on their visit. He can tell them how tough it is to be comfortable in a big school without local family support.

Welcome home Graham!!!

Reaction Score
I just checked a couple Gator boards and they seem to be unhappy with him leaving...which is a good thing. I don't think it was a matter of him not being good enough...it truly is a location issue. They felt he wasn't going to start, but would be on the two deep. They also say he is a very good student.

Sounds like a great addition to the team. The transfers that PP is getting are really going to make a difference on the field. Mateas....Donohue...Phillips...Whitmer...all may be starters this year. Stewart sounds like another top quality transfer..and he has 3 years eligibility left.

I bet Stewart will be a great recruiter for the school. Have the local recruits stay with Graham on their visit. He can tell them how tough it is to be comfortable in a big school without local family support.

Welcome home Graham!!!

+1,000 to that point. Very excited.

Reaction Score
just checked. looks like an OLB to me.

does anyone have an updated weight for him ?

Reaction Score
as for the Ship count...this puts us right at 85 with Stewart and McNeal.

i assume a couple will leave before, or during the summer practices, but we're good for now.

Reaction Score
WOW! just check in to see if there's anything new, and...
Welcome home Graham!
Now back to rebuilding the deck! Who knows, we may have some more commits by the time I finish it!!

Reaction Score
LOL! wasn't too long ago this board was spewing venom at this kid when he committed to BC. Looks like the dinners with Dez have finally paid off!
Great pick up for Uconn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
WOW! just check in to see if there's anything new, and...
Welcome home Graham!
Now back to rebuilding the deck! Who knows, we may have some more commits by the time I finish it!!
I know...great news.

I like this Grahm quote:
“Actually it’s something that’s out of my hands. It’s something back home I need to take care of and be there for my family, help them out a little bit more, so I mean I just need to be closer to home,” Stewart said. “It would solve a lot of problems. I was having a great time down there, was doing really well but some things are more important sometimes and you have to re-evaluate what you’re really doing somewhere.”

Sounds like a good, well grounded kid.

Reaction Score
Man this is great news.

I hope he has a Danny Lansannah type of career and becomes,along with CC and some others, a poster child for stay at home CT superstars!

Reaction Score
My opinion, I think he should red shirt. At least when 2013 comes he'll be a redshirt sophomore and Yawin Smallwood will be a junior. When it's time for Yawin to leave Stewart will have 2yrs to start at middle linebacker for us. If he doesn't redshirt he'll be a back up and when its time for him to start he'll only have 1yr to play for us as a starter.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
LOL! wasn't too long ago this board was spewing venom at this kid when he committed to BC. Looks like the dinners with Dez have finally paid off!
Great pick up for Uconn.

you can have mackay lowrie.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Like my post dan!!!;)

nope your now on my bad side. i'm jacked about this as u can see. :D

i was getting all the possible likes out for the usuals becuase sooner than later fishy is going to ban me for my conf rel fun. :p

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
nope your now on my bad side. i'm jacked about this as u can see. :D

i was getting all the possible likes out for the usuals becuase sooner than later fishy is going to ban me for my conf rel fun. :p

Only if you start a UNLV recruiting thread...

Reaction Score
He is not a shoe in to start. We are VERY deep at LB.

All of a sudden? LB, aside from QB was arguably the thinnest position on the team last year. I understand Vann, Donahue and the RS FR. from GA can't think of his name, are a year older and been practicing in the system, but aside from Donahue the other two haven't seen the field. These guys will need a rest, I think we see a lot of different sets and a lot of bodies will be needed at LB. On paper we are deeper, but none of those guys are proven and/or have seen the field yet.

Edit: Not to mention, Graham got in on ST's all year, and practiced with and against some of the best in the country. Let them duke it out in camp and see who has shown they are worthy of starting or seeing regular snaps.

I am glad he is coming back to CT. Hope all is well with his family. Seems like a very good kid. Maybe he can coax Will Tye back to CT from FSU. That would be a nice big bodied kid to add at TE.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It can be fairly said that he's got as much experience as every linebacker we have except for Moore and Donahue.

He played every game last year for and SEC team on special teams meaning he was practicing with the 1/2's and competing every day against very high level talent.

Who else on the linebacking group has more than an entire season of college film?

Reaction Score
It can be fairly said that he's got as much experience as every linebacker we have except for Moore and Donahue.

He played every game last year for and SEC team on special teams meaning he was practicing with the 1/2's and competing every day against very high level talent.

Who else on the linebacking group has more than an entire season of college film?

Say what you want. This lineup will be hard to break into. Glad he is here and the competition will only make us better.

2 Jefferson Ashiru 6-1/227 Linebacker RS FR Powder Springs, Ga. (McEachern)
52 Ryan Donohue 6-0/242 Linebacker SR Montvale, N.J. (Maryland)
3 Sio Moore 6-2/229 Linebacker RS SR Apex, N.C. (Apex)
33 Yawin Smallwood 6-3/235 Linebacker RS SO Worcester, Mass. (Doherty)
41 Brandon Steg 6-2/226 Linebacker RS SO Coral Springs, Fla. (J.P. Taravella)
46 Marquise Vann 6-0/224 Linebacker RS FR Cincinnati, Ohio (Fairfield Senior)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
moore-small-don-stewart

any chance we can go find a OL that can play right away lol, this is unreal the adds were making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom