Grades For Our 2 Freshmen | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Grades For Our 2 Freshmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that this was the first conference game that Anna started and with only six games left she will only start at most five more games. If this is so then if she keeps playing like she did in yesterdays game she should end up with the sixth player award in the AAC and maybe the FOY.
I was incorrect, Anna started against Temple back on 11/17, so if she starts the rest of the AAC games except for Senior Night, she will have started 7 games which is one too many for the sixth player award. So I guess she will have to strive for the FOY award.

Reaction Score
As a former college instructor when I was a grad student, let's agree to grade them for a class called UConn WBB 101. They are freshman so let's not try to grade them at the 400 level of a senior.

When thinking of the curve, if Maya was A+ and Stewie was an A (by the end) with AEH as an F, then I would say Anna comes in as a solid B+ with potential to get in the A range by the final exam if she can get her assists and scoring to happen together on the regular.

I would say Aubrey is in the B- range showing flashes but still usually looks like a deer caught in headlights when she tries to do anything team oriented. She is currently only able to do individual things like one on one defense, rebounding, or slash to the basket which is keeping her from a failing grade. She needs to show that she can shoot from outside the paint and make free throws or operate within the offense to improve her grade for the final. If she could miraculously do all of that then it gets into an A territory.
Man, I wish I had been in your class. I would have been Phi Beta Kappa with your grading scale. You cite what Aubrey does as " keeping her from a failing grade"( which I agree with ), and then you give her a B-? She can't "show that she can shoot" because she can't shoot. And she knows it. She turns the ball over rather than take an open shot. And you are saying, " Stewie was an "A" by the end? "....and you grade Ania as a half step ( B+) behind Stewie? Please tell me you are on the sauce. However good Ania can become, she will never approach Stewie on her worst day. I forgot who AEH was. Didn't she leave UCONN anyway? I do recall the initials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom