Grad Students/future depth question | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Grad Students/future depth question

Reaction Score
With Britiany Hunter Geno took a gamble and WON. No she never gave him 40 minutes in a game. But when she was in she gave him all she had, and what she had Geno needed then. Camara, unless the guessers herein are right she will leave by gradation or otherwise not really producing. I hope they are wrong.
UConn has never had a "minor" player that was as great as Ms Hunter, she still tugs at my heart.
UConn has not been selected by the next recruiting class. If the result are the same or worse. Well, you know.

I have no doubt that Brittany gave Geno\UConn everything she had after the transfer and has a new full knee replacement at 22 as proof. And with no desire to trash anyone who made that commitment, my quote was simply that "the results haven't been what was hoped for." I can't change that assessment just to avoid you feeling that I was calling her "minor player" Did I call he that?

Although a starter for most of her career at UConn, her time was severely limited, as you intimate. But she also averaged only 5 pts and 3 reb for both her career and for each of 3 pretty consistent seasons here. No all league mention (1st, 2nd or even 3rd team deep) while here; no all-tourney teams ever, anywhere. I won't go into all the high school and media stuff from when Brit transferred here, maybe they were unrealistic. But her best year was her freshman year, at Duke. I don't think that supports an assessment that her transfer here was one that Geno "WON" -- (your emphasis, not mine). We have had much better results with other transfers, albeit there haven't been that many.

As for Camara -- let's just say "the results haven't been what was hoped for" -- so far.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt that Brittany gave Geno\UConn everything she had after the transfer and has a new full knee replacement at 22 as proof. And with no desire to trash anyone who made that commitment, my quote was simply that "the results haven't been what was hoped for." I can't change that assessment just to avoid you feeling that I was calling her "minor player" Did I call he that?

Although a starter for most of her career at UConn, her time was severely limited, as you intimate. But she also averaged only 5 pts and 3 reb for both her career and for each of 3 pretty consistent seasons here. No all league mention (1st, 2nd or even 3rd team deep) while here; no all-tourney teams ever, anywhere. I won't go into all the high school and media stuff from when Brit transferred here, maybe they were unrealistic. But her best year was her freshman year, at Duke. I don't think that supports an assessment that her transfer here was one that Geno "WON" -- (your emphasis, not mine). We have had much better results with other transfers, albeit there haven't been that many.

As for Camara -- let's just say "the results haven't been what was hoped for" -- so far.

The "minor" word was mine. I searched for the word to describer Hunters position with the team and unfortunately I chose minor.
Your assessment of much of the STATS of Ms Hunter is accurate. My assessment of her was in games where without her the outcome would have been different. Emotional, maybe, I guess we'd have to ask her teammates what they saw and felt.
Won is a word I still choose to use for BH. She by all reports should have been a disaster, yet Geno got SOME effective minute from her. If Touly Camara gave Geno those limited effective minutes as Ms Hunter I, among others would be pleased. The teams BH was with were not among the strongest UConn ever put on the floor. A side note on BH--to my poor memory she was the only player Geno ever allowed to pick her practice and or game time minutes. If that is true, Geno saw something in BH.
Each game, each season, I have hoped for more from Touly. We have seen glimpses of what she could be in the minute or two she has played. But UConn needs more than glimpses--I agree.
The minutes Geno must play Danger and KLS, with their last season injuries, points to the need for the Bench to earn their money, i.e. be short term EFFECTIVE subs. Few can deny that the amount of running and pounding on joints has a bad eventual outcome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom