Grabbing rebounds | The Boneyard

Grabbing rebounds

Reaction Score
Have high hopes for Donovan, but he doesn’t get as many rebounds as I’d expect for his size. It looks to me like he needs stronger hands. Maybe when he adjusts to the college game more he will do better. Also, would love to see home jump in the air more, at 7’2 he never had to I guess. Speaking of getting off the ground, that block by Jackson of the guy in the corner was spectacular!

Reaction Score
Have high hopes for Donovan, but he doesn’t get as many rebounds as I’d expect for his size. It looks to me like he needs stronger hands. Maybe when he adjusts to the college game more he will do better. Also, would love to see home jump in the air more, at 7’2 he never had to I guess. Speaking of getting off the ground, that block by Jackson of the guy in the corner was spectacular!
He’s averaging almost 7 rebounds in about 15 minutes per game.

Reaction Score
These are the top 10 rebounders in the country right now. Donovan Clingan is at 24.6% but hasn't played enough minutes yet to qualify

ED1259B1-E7BD-450A-8EE8-DAC7B3CB1267.jpeg

Reaction Score
Oops, I saw him fumble a couple and didn’t realize he actually does snag a lot. He’s good and will keep getting better.
The ball bounced around I little more last night in then on previous games. But he's been pretty sure handed.

My thoughts last night are that as he increases his overall strength he'll be better able to hold his ground and command space to go up strong for rebounds. He'll be even better after his off season strength and conditioning program.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Uncw was a good rebounding team. I tried to play it off as bad bounces, but someone in chat pointed out that they were pinning our guys too deep under the basket.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UNCW has outrebounded both UNC or OU. So I wouldn’t worry about it too much this game.

Boy did we box the hell out in the 2nd half though.

My only qualm is the coaches surely told the players UNCW is scrappy and a great offensive rebounding team and the players didn't seem to pay special attention to grabbing ball and holding on aggressively.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
My only qualm is the coaches surely told the players UNCW is scrappy and a great offensive rebounding team and the players didn't seem to pay special attention to grabbing ball and holding on aggressively.
Yeah we were definitely loose with the ball at first. Everything just seemed to change once Jackson stepped on the court though. We didn’t really lose any loose balls after that it seemed.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I know what the numbers say, but this guys right. Don was flustered in the first half dealing with their physicality on the boards. They also missed so many shots, it’s not that surprising he got a good amount of boards naturally. This was a good learning experience for him though.

Reaction Score
He’ll grab even more once he gets a bit more confident being in there banging bodies with the other big boys from the NCAA. Overall, I’m 100% pleased with where he’s at at this point in the season. Someone said it best, Clingan doesn’t spell Sanogo; Clingan just doesn’t fill time while Sanogo is on the bench.

Reaction Score
Much better 2nd half. Karaban always looks for someone to plant on his butt. Even when he’s not getting a rebound he’s keeping someone away, that’s huge.
And then he comes back and pursues the ball.

Reaction Score
Is Sanogo getting a pass? For all his wonderful attributes, I've always felt he should be a better rebounder. Sometimes it seems that he just doesn't like to jump. Am I alone on this?

Reaction Score
Is Sanogo getting a pass? For all his wonderful attributes, I've always felt he should be a better rebounder. Sometimes it seems that he just doesn't like to jump. Am I alone on this?
He's not an above the rim player, but he's an excellent rebounder. He led the Big East in rebounding last season

Reaction Score
Criticizing Clingan for rebounds or hands 3 games in is……insane.

Reaction Score
He’ll grab even more once he gets a bit more confident being in there banging bodies with the other big boys from the NCAA. Overall, I’m 100% pleased with where he’s at at this point in the season. Someone said it best, Clingan doesn’t spell Sanogo; Clingan just doesn’t fill time while Sanogo is on the bench.
I would say, as a freshman, he is easy comparable to T. Knight, Josh and Hilton.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I have to imagine this is a big change for DC - I mean in HS how many times did he face guys even remotely close to his size? In college they are, on average, a lot bigger and that's got to be a bit of a wakeup call. He's a freshman and playing pretty darn good against these easier teams, I definitely can see him as a long term big timer for us.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
DC had some slip through his hands but that is part of gaining experience. He needs to not dribble as much as he has under the basket but I remember Emeka doing the same this early on. As far as rebounding is concerned - I was concerned on how AS looked like at times last night that he had no interest in mixing it up under the defensive board. That would not sit well with JC. Maybe just an anomaly. DC is going to be a good one

Reaction Score
He's not an above the rim player, but he's an excellent rebounder. He led the Big East in rebounding last season

If this is a fact, shouldn’t the kid at least get a pat in the back for the most rebounds in 12 mins? I get it, he is on our team but he is a freshman and this is the first game his positioning and protection of ball had really been challenged…he is a hard working and high IQ kid, he will learn quickly. I’m seeing Josh Boone in his games

Reaction Score
Brought the ball down and tried to dribble. Keep the ball high and outlet or at least protect the ball after rebounds. Get those big elbows out.
Love his game and I'm sure he's not happy with his performance.
He will play a big roll this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom