Governor Malloy Won't Push For Costly XL Center Upgrades | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Governor Malloy Won't Push For Costly XL Center Upgrades

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Americans are also classified by the NHL....since they play on 2 separate national teams they are classified as 2 separate race classes. Nice try though......too bad it doesn't make the cut.
Canadians do not make up the majority of NHL players this season - Article - TSN
For the 2015-2016 NHL season the break down is as follows: 49.7% Canada 24.2% United States 9.1% Sweden 4.5% Russia/USSR 4.2% Czech Rep 3.2% Finland 1.1% Slovakia 0.9% Switzerland 0.9% Germany 0.8% Denmark 0.5% Austria 0.3% France 0.1% Latvia 0.1% Slovenia 0.1% Norway 0.1% Netherlands 0.1% Croatia 0.1% Belarus

SO you can't even use your claim about Europeans either!
Actually, I can. Every ethnicity you just listed is European, proving my point. The NHL is primarily white people from US/Canada and Europe.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
You didn't say white....you said where they are from....which way are you going with this waffling argument?
If you are from Europe, there is a really good chance you are white. My argument isn't waffling. Butch said that the sport is growing and expanding to other racial groups. I said, the sport is stunted and most players are from US/Canada and Europe.

Reaction Score
Just because the NHL is trying to appeal to Hispanics doesn't mean it is going to work. Hint: it isn't. Hispanics are into soccer and baseball primarily. Playing a sport that cost hundreds of dollars just to get going plus traveling is not going to work. Why do you think that the vast majority of NHL players are Europeans or white Americans who came from middle class and wealthy homes?

If you are from Europe, there is a really good chance you are white. My argument isn't waffling. Butch said that the sport is growing and expanding to other racial groups. I said, the sport is stunted and most players are from US/Canada and Europe.

Ahhh no you said White Americans...you should have said North America. As a born and bred Amrican who is also a hockey fan I took SERIOUS offense to your justification lumping in USA Hockey with Canadian Hockey! They are and ALWAYS will be 2 separate things..and like you are catching flack for me now..you would earn much worse from someone north of the border for classifying this that way! I could care less about what you think of the sport of hockey except that when making your argument..make it by CORRECTLY naming where you are talking about!

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Ahhh no you said White Americans....you should have said North America. As a born and bred Amrican who is also a hockey fan I took SERIOUS offense to your justification lumping in USA Hockey with Canadian Hockey! They are and ALWAYS will be 2 separate things..and like you are catching flack for me now..you would earn much worse from someone north of the border for classifying this that way! I could care less about what you think of the sport of hockey except that when making your argument..make it by CORRECTLY naming where you are talking about!
Ok cap't.

Reaction Score
What about the native americans in the NHL from Canada and the US?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
What about the native americans in the NHL from Canada and the US?
What percentage of the league do they make up?

Reaction Score
What percentage of the league do they make up?
Here is the list:
Rene Bourque (Metis) – Colorado Avalanche
Micheal Ferland (Cree) – Calgary Flames
Vern Fiddler (Metis) – New Jersey Devils
Dwight King (Metis) – Los Angeles Kings
Jordan Nolan (Ojibwe) – Los Angeles Kings
T.J. Oshie (Ojibwe) – Washington Capitals
Carey Price (Ulkatcho First Nation) – Montreal Canadiens
Jordin Tootoo (Inuk) – Chicago Blackhawks

630 total roster players in the NHL (23 players per roster ..30 Teams)

1.43%

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Here is the list:
Rene Bourque (Metis) – Colorado Avalanche
Micheal Ferland (Cree) – Calgary Flames
Vern Fiddler (Metis) – New Jersey Devils
Dwight King (Metis) – Los Angeles Kings
Jordan Nolan (Ojibwe) – Los Angeles Kings
T.J. Oshie (Ojibwe) – Washington Capitals
Carey Price (Ulkatcho First Nation) – Montreal Canadiens
Jordin Tootoo (Inuk) – Chicago Blackhawks

630 total roster players in the NHL (23 players per roster ..30 Teams)

1.43%
How many of them are part-white?

Reaction Score
How many of them are part-white?
I'm not sure...how about you send them all an email and ask them...and while you are at it tell Jordin Tootoo you classify him as an American. That would be better watched if you did it in person though..LMFAO!!!

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I'm not sure....how about you send them all an email and ask them....and while you are at it tell Jordin Tootoo you classify him as an American. That would be better watched if you did it in person though..LMFAO!!!
I guess, but my point remains, the vast majority of players are white and come from the US/Canada and Europe.

Reaction Score
I guess, but my point remains, the vast majority of players are white and come from the US/Canada and Europe.
No guessing about it..the probability of the outcome would be 100% in Tootoo's favor! As for the rest of your "argument" that has nothing to do with me and I could care less. If you had made your argument with how you classified it in this post you never would have heard from me.

Reaction Score
This dingbat probably has no idea how many states are represented in D1 college hockey. More and more non-Euro Americans are making it to D1 or pro hockey, too.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

Membership Statistics

Yeah except USA Hockey's membership numbers have gone up every year and have more than doubled since 1990. In order to set foot on the ice in the United States and play a sanctioned game... (even in high school)... you need to have a USA Hockey membership. Only a small fraction of hockey players in the USA play high school hockey. They play travel hockey. High school hockey (outside of Minnesota) is a second class game. Just about every single thing you post is absurdly wrong.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I didn't make a false claim; I forgot about them, but my point stands. Hispanics are not where the NHL should be looking because they don't care. As it is the Southern US doesn't care about hockey (Phoenix may lose their team).

Actually you're wrong there too:
http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0100/7886/15-16_Final_Reports.pdf

The Southeastern United States has more kids playing youth hockey than anywhere but Minnesota and the Central District of the United States.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Unless someone can show me reasonable ROI, it makes no sense. Having a NHL team would make it work, but as of today we don't.

Reaction Score
Unless someone can show me reasonable ROI, it makes no sense. Having a NHL team would make it work, but as of today we don't.

In the article it said it was conservative to say UConn's potential revenue would double compared to current revenue streams in current building.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
In the article it said it was conservative to say UConn's potential revenue would double compared to current revenue streams in current building.
Yeah, I'd have to understand that number better. Is it because it would get more people to the game, because the existing deal is very bad for UConn, or because the anticipate higher revenue by putting in more upscale seating. Although it doesn't necesarily maximize revenue, I'd like to see some seats along the sidelines allocated to students like they do at Cameron.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
We are focusing on the wrong sport (NHL) and stadium (XL). Rentschler is perfect for an MLS team. We need to get an investor to fund a team. The stadium is already built and the USMNT has already played there, soccer is popular in CT, and Hartford had the second best TV ratings for the World Cup.
HFD used to be big on the idea of getting MLS to take over Rentschler so UConn could build on-campus. Aside from the shortsightedness of the state U abandoning a state funded stadium, and the complete absence of any interest from the business community, just take a look at all of the recent MLS stadia being built. They're all more like 20k. MLS is not interested in NFL or college sized stadiums that would be half empty. DC United is building a smallish stadium to move out of RFK, and the Revs want to eventually have a soccer specific stadium and move out of Gillette. Even if there were an investment group willing to bring in a lower level club with aspirations of eventually targeting MLS, they'd be at the back of the line behind all of these cities:

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The Phil Union have a great little soccer stadium right on the Delaware south of Philly. It's only 18,500. Rentschler Field is way to big.

Reaction Score
Shizzle, Robert Kraft doesn't want an MLS team in Hartford and we fall within their territorial rights. Despite all the rampant misconceptions Hartford is a sovereign NHL market and doesn't have indemnification issues to contend with.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom