Gotta Think 2-1 Is In Play | The Boneyard

Gotta Think 2-1 Is In Play

Reaction Score
We'll know more tonight after Syracuse plays Louisville, but the Orange are lightly regarded

At the Rent today it was a tale of two halves and the game was a lot closer than a 25 point margin would imply. But I was impressed withe the learning that seemed to be going on. Even CM looked good in his cameos.

Guessing that ESPN will have the probabilities at 60-40 or 70-30 against. But even that would represent increased respect for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Need to clean up the turnovers and mistakes. We did win the yardage substantially which in recent years we haven’t done. I feel like I’m the past few years it took all we had if we wanted to win against fcs this week we had a sloppy performance but won fairly easily

Reaction Score
Really impressed with our RBs. We have a stable of very good backs. Those guys were making serious gains out of the holes and seams created. Haven’t seen that in years.
As Kellogg would say, they have spurtability.

Reaction Score
We'll know more tonight after Syracuse plays Louisville, but the Orange are lightly regarded

At the Rent today it was a tale of two halves and the game was a lot closer than a 25 point margin would imply. But I was impressed withe the learning that seemed to be going on. Even CM looked good in his cameos.

Guessing that ESPN will have the probabilities at 60-40 or 70-30 against. But even that would represent increased respect for the Huskies.

I didn't think it was as close at 28-3 indicates.

Reaction Score
One sign of a good football team is how well our OL and DL played. I thought our OL over powered their defense, which is why our RBs ran wild.

Love to see our defense blitz regularly vs. Edsall's conservative defense that drove many of us nuts over the years.

We will get more tests as we face Cuse and Michigan. I

Reaction Score
Should have been 38-3 42-3 if not for the two goal line turnovers
And the same could be said for CCSU could it not?

Anyway, eight penalties and the turnovers are not gonna get it done against an ACC opponent. But both the team and the staff learned a lot today. UConn has a decent chance next weekend.

Reaction Score

Actually it's at 88.7% SU and UConn 11.3% in win probabilities

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Love to see our defense blitz regularly vs. Edsall's conservative defense that drove many of us nuts over the years.
Love the use of the blitz. Gotta wonder if that would be happening if Spanos was still calling plays.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• D8941AAC-B7F5-4919-9069-825B64CC530E.png
    D8941AAC-B7F5-4919-9069-825B64CC530E.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 80
Reaction Score

This looks like a team that actually knows how to adjust to circumstances and situations throughout games. Sorely lacking in previous regimes for the past decade. That alone gives me a substantial boost in optimism going forward.

Reaction Score
Love the use of the blitz. Gotta wonder if that would be happening if Spanos was still calling plays.
I did too. But it comes with certain risks, namely depleted coverage. And CCSU made UConn pay big-time once.

Reaction Score
Can we please get the PA guy to stop announcing every time the wildcat QB goes into the game? They didn't announce when CCSU changed QBs.. why do you keep announcing the home team's wildcat guy is in the game?

CCSU wore down, it helped UConn take control in the second half and the game really didn't feel in doubt after the first score of the third quarter. That said, it'll take much, much, much more to beat Syracuse. There were 3 turnovers, a blocked kick and even though they didn't cash in CCSU got into the red-zone multiple times, missing a chip shot FG and having another blocked. They were able to get the edge multiple times and gashed the Huskies up the middle on several occasions. If they can't clean that up, beating Syracuse is highly unlikely.

There needs to be another leap in Turner's performance throwing the ball. He definitely seemed to gain confidence as the game went on, so there is reason for optimism. There were still a couple of times it looked like he had a weird hitch in his throwing motion as he slung it more from a 3/4 or even slightly lower arm-slot. I did like him pulling the ball a bit more regularly on his zone reads, as if the offense is going to be run dominant there needs to be more options that have to be accounted for.

Reaction Score
So far, 'Cuse looks pretty decent offensively. The portal QB from Miss State is a problem. He's not small and will run at anytime.. We need to be prepared for the Read Option... RB Tucker wealready know is one of the best backs in all if college football. They are pretty physical up front too... pretty physical on D too.

Reaction Score

95 to 5 against. Better hope Cuse suffered more injuries to key players

Reaction Score
Can we please get the PA guy to stop announcing every time the wildcat QB goes into the game? They didn't announce when CCSU changed QBs.. why do you keep announcing the home team's wildcat guy is in the game?

CCSU wore down, it helped UConn take control in the second half and the game really didn't feel in doubt after the first score of the third quarter. That said, it'll take much, much, much more to beat Syracuse. There were 3 turnovers, a blocked kick and even though they didn't cash in CCSU got into the red-zone multiple times, missing a chip shot FG and having another blocked. They were able to get the edge multiple times and gashed the Huskies up the middle on several occasions. If they can't clean that up, beating Syracuse is highly unlikely.

There needs to be another leap in Turner's performance throwing the ball. He definitely seemed to gain confidence as the game went on, so there is reason for optimism. There were still a couple of times it looked like he had a weird hitch in his throwing motion as he slung it more from a 3/4 or even slightly lower arm-slot. I did like him pulling the ball a bit more regularly on his zone reads, as if the offense is going to be run dominant there needs to be more options that have to be accounted for.
Agree with some of what you say, but the turnovers, 10 penalties, the blown pass interference call by the refs, were costly for us. If those don’t happen you can easily tack on another 14 or 21 points. I think the coaches should consider using Victor on punt returns and kick offs, the kids a barracuda with the football in his hands.

Reaction Score
Agree with some of what you say, but the turnovers, 10 penalties, the blown pass interference call by the refs, were costly for us. If those don’t happen you can easily tack on another 14 or 21 points. I think the coaches should consider using Victor on punt returns and kick offs, the kids a barracuda with the football in his hands.

Forget shoulda, coulda, woulda, etc. Mistakes will be made, just need to limit those mistakes and force the other team to make the mistakes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom