GOT Season Six | Page 32 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

Reaction Score
I just rewatched last nights episode

• The Brotherhood made it pretty clear they have a greater purpose. And alluded to the white walkers move south. That has to have a payoff.
  • Jamie letting Brienne and Pod leave has to also have a consequence. I've said before I don't expect a Lnnister standing at the end of this and that should be his downfall.
  • I really liked Jamie's scene with Edmure....saw a bit of Tywin in him. I still don't know why Edmure would let him walk in and take Riverrun unless there is a big payoff there too.
  • I'm better with the Arya storyline. I think some fan theory was probably better than the actual scene, but she has to get back to her list and this accomplished that. The smirk from Jaqen sorta sold of for me at the end...almost like he knew this is what the end would be all along.

Reaction Score
I just rewatched last nights episode

• The Brotherhood made it pretty clear they have a greater purpose. And alluded to the white walkers move south. That has to have a payoff.
  • Jamie letting Brienne and Pod leave has to also have a consequence. I've said before I don't expect a Lnnister standing at the end of this and that should be his downfall.
  • I really liked Jamie's scene with Edmure....saw a bit of Tywin in him. I still don't know why Edmure would let him walk in and take Riverrun unless there is a big payoff there too.
  • I'm better with the Arya storyline. I think some fan theory was probably better than the actual scene, but she has to get back to her list and this accomplished that. The smirk from Jaqen sorta sold of for me at the end...almost like he knew this is what the end would be all along.

That was my take as well. Back in season 2 Jaqen did promise Arya that the Red God could give her all the names on her list. When Arya got to Bravos it seemed that there were rules she had to follow, also, becoming 'no one' meant that she had to give everything; including her list. Now she is free to complete her list. I assume that we are done with Jaqen's character, too bad, I liked him.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
image.jpeg
If arya gets a Mulligan what do we call Dorne?

Reaction Score
It would have been far better if the Waif got the drop on her, engaged her in a fight, which Arya was effectively losing. Cut and bloody, she runs, finds the dark room, and voila.

Meh. Fact is, the bolded part is exactly what happened. It's just that the injury happened a day / days earlier.

its being stabbed in the gut with a twisted knife and then being able to jump 40 feet and roll down stairs and crap that had me shaking my head.
Thank goodness this is the only time that kind of nonsense has happened on film or TV.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After watching Sunday's episode, I was left shaking my head.
"A girl is named Arya Stark of Winterfell & I'm going home."-At first glance thought it was a limp exclamation. However, the expression of Jaqen was akin to a proud parent when his child finishes a major accomplishment. Arya has: completed her training, taken ownership of being able to defend herself, & in general become self reliant- in essence she's become an adult.
The Edmure character is a conundrum. Tobias Menzies, the actor who's cast as Edmure is also cast in Showtime's Outlander in the duel roles of Frank Randall-"Black Jack" Randall. "Black Jack" is a ruthless captain in the British army during the Scottish Rebellion of Bonnie Prince Charley, whereas Frank, his modern day descendent exhibits more scholarly traits. Edmure in the past was seen as a milk toast personality. Sunday night he also came of age. After Brienne has her parley with Jamie, Jamie
confers with Edmure, telling him that he'll be clothed & fed according to his station. The scene cuts out & we next see Edmure on the drawbridge. My theory : Jamie makes the following promises to Edmure in exchange for securing & then relinquishing River Run: Edmure's constituents will be spared, Edmure will be able to vacate the castle with his army intact & rush to the aid of Jon & Sansa in the attack on Winterfell. Jamie may even add as a bonus supplementing Edmure's troops with a contingent of his Red Army. I think that Jamie sees the greater good: Winterfell is essential in defending the Seven Kingdoms against the invading White Walkers. My only hope is that he's turned "Frank" into "Black Jack".

Reaction Score
it seems the internet agrees with that.

I think it is Tyrion though.
Why would he need "birds" to "investigate" something like the wildfire? One word and he would/could go check it out himself.

Who is the only other character who used that term? The one who has had a massive hand in orchestrating what has been going on in Meereen. The one who is just now leaving.

Reaction Score
Why would he need "birds" to "investigate" something like the wildfire? One word and he would/could go check it out himself.

Who is the only other character who used that term? The one who has had a massive hand in orchestrating what has been going on in Meereen. The one who is just now leaving.

I've thought for a long time that the entire show was a chess match between Varys and Littlefinger. Each playing the "game" of thrones. With Littlefinger lying in the weeds and Varys now leaving Mereen on a "mission", it certainly seems as though these two have a lot more to do with the outcome of everything in the 7 kingdoms than you might think.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I've thought for a long time that the entire show was a chess match between Varys and Littlefinger. Each playing the "game" of thrones. With Littlefinger lying in the weeds and Varys now leaving Mereen on a "mission", it certainly seems as though these two have a lot more to do with the outcome of everything in the 7 kingdoms than you might think.

Varys is up to something shady.
He got all tweaked about a couple episodes ago about what the red priestess was telling him about the voices in the fire. And "if you are true to your Queen, then there will be no problems"
and then he hits the road?

While at the same time Qyburn and Cercei are whispering about rumors that I think add up to the fact that theyve located Tyrion.

Reaction Score
He got all tweaked about a couple episodes ago about what the red priestess was telling him about the voices in the fire. And "if you are true to your Queen, then there will be no problems"

While at the same time Qyburn and Cercei are whispering about rumors that I think add up to the fact that theyve located Tyrion.

Well, the world's most famous dwarf (and dad murderer on the lam) hasn't been shy about walking around town. Not sure you needed the little birds to flush his location out.

Reaction Score

So then what is Varys really trying to accomplish? He's clearly not fully aligned with Cercei, otherwise Tyrion never would have made it out of King's Langing

Reaction Score
So then what is Varys really trying to accomplish? He's clearly not fully aligned with Cercei, otherwise Tyrion never would have made it out of King's Langing

I think Vary's will show up in Dorne in episode 10.

Reaction Score

His "birds" could tell him that there is wildfire and where to find it. I think we will get an answer in episode 10, sounds like that's when Cersie gets her trial. We might get an idea of what she has planned.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
..... Jamie may even add as a bonus supplementing Edmure's troops with a contingent of his Red Army. I think that Jamie sees the greater good: Winterfell is essential in defending the Seven Kingdoms against the invading White Walkers. My only hope is that he's turned "Frank" into "Black Jack".

You lost me with this. Jamie has shown, as he said, he cares about getting back to Cersei, and nothing else. Now that her trial will be before 7 Septons...I think we are going to see some fireworks from Jamie. He doesn't care if the world ends.

Edmure...I don't know, if he did accept the offer Brienne proposed, and Jamie accepted, which the Blackfish refused, then maybe I have some respect for him. If not, he's a moron who just got played. The Freys may kill him in the next 5 minutes to keep any Tully from wanting the castle back.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Well, the world's most famous dwarf (and dad murderer on the lam) hasn't been shy about walking around town. Not sure you needed the little birds to flush his location out.

its not like they have the intertronz or cnn

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

We never know, which is why he's so damned interesting. He's the one person on the show who I think honestly is trying to save the world for ordinary people. Maybe Jon as well.

My wild speculation is that he's either about to reintroduce Gendry to put pressure on Tommen, or he's going to somehow reveal the Jon Snow - Targaerian connection.

Reaction Score
What's confusing with the Sparrow/Cersei/Tommen arc is....

a) If Cersei is found guilty, in essence, it admits Tommen is a product of incest and has no true right to the throne....
b) Tommen on the throne is exactly what the Sparrow needs to keep the Faith in their current position of power.

At the end of the day, King's Landing is going to burn and it'll all come out in that, I'm sure....but I keep trying to figure out Sparrow's end game knowing that he could basically be sacrificing his biggest chess piece.

Reaction Score
You lost me with this. Jamie has shown, as he said, he cares about getting back to Cersei, and nothing else. Now that her trial will be before 7 Septons...I think we are going to see some fireworks from Jamie. He doesn't care if the world ends.

Edmure...I don't know, if he did accept the offer Brienne proposed, and Jamie accepted, which the Blackfish refused, then maybe I have some respect for him. If not, he's a moron who just got played. The Freys may kill him in the next 5 minutes to keep any Tully from wanting the castle back.

Yes, Jamie will go back to Cersei with the bulk of his army. But I think out of the "8000" he will slice off enough to add to Edmure's garrison to make it an efficient fighting force to send to aid in the siege of Winterfell.

Reaction Score

a) If Cersei is found guilty, in essence, it admits Tommen is a product of incest and has no true right to the throne....
b) Tommen on the throne is exactly what the Sparrow needs to keep the Faith in their current position of power.

At the end of the day, King's Landing is going to burn and it'll all come out in that, I'm sure....but I keep trying to figure out Sparrow's end game knowing that he could basically be sacrificing his biggest chess piece.
She is being tried for having sex with Lancel, not Jamie; what she admitted to happened after the birth of all three of her children.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

It doesn't necessarily prove anything. They could say that Tommen was the product of her and Robert and that her and Jamie were doing their own thing on the side. However, I could see Cersei admitting that she never slept with Robert as a way to threaten the Sparrow's power. It will be interesting to see how he handles the trial.

Reaction Score
She is being tried for having sex with Lancel, not Jamie; what she admitted to happened after the birth of all three of her children.
She is on trial for sleeping with Jaime and for her role in the death of Robert. She has done her walk of atonement for sleeping with Lancel. That's a closed case and no trial is needed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It doesn't necessarily prove anything. They could say that Tommen was the product of her and Robert and that her and Jamie were doing their own thing on the side. However, I could see Cersei admitting that she never slept with Robert as a way to threaten the Sparrow's power. It will be interesting to see how he handles the trial.

Thing is, who picks the King if there isn't an heir? I'm sure the Sparrow could somehow make it out to be that the Gods (read: the Faith) choose the next in line.

Reaction Score
Meh. Fact is, the bolded part is exactly what happened. It's just that the injury happened a day / days earlier.

Thank goodness this is the only time that kind of nonsense has happened on film or TV.

Yeah, how many times did Tom Magnum get shot in the shoulder and knee over the course of his series without suffering any permanent nerve or muscle damage?

I think the lack of reaction from the people in the street in Braavos is also worth noting. The average person on the street just doesn't seem to care in that city. We saw that no one seemed to notice when Arya and the Waif were having their bo staff fight in the street. Arya disrupts all the vendors on the stairs and the biggest reaction was someone shrieking "My basket!" No one tried to grab or follow Arya to make her help clean up or pay for the damage she caused.

If the rumors Qyburn and Cersei reference are about Tyrion, what can Cersei do about that now? With Jaime out of town, her sphere of influence extends to Qyburn and the Mountain. Even when Jaime returns, she has much bigger and more immediate problems to deal with. Trying to locate her brother and enact revenge on him is beyond wishful thinking considering she has her own trial coming up and she's just lost her trump card for that. Maybe it's something she can use against the High Sparrow.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I don't know anything specific, but the sparrows carry a lot of similarity to the religious theocracies. I suspect the little birds have dug up some dirt on the High Sparrow. Either that or they have found a possible way to get to him.

Reaction Score
She is on trial for sleeping with Jaime and for her role in the death of Robert. She has done her walk of atonement for sleeping with Lancel. That's a closed case and no trial is needed.
You are right. Maybe this explains the High Sparrow telling Margarey that one of her duties is to produce a heir.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom