GOT Season Six | Page 16 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

Reaction Score
How about my girl Gilly this week?

Sam: So my dad is a huge jerk. And hates wildings. No matter what you do, don't tell him you're a wilding.

Gilly: Okay.

Sam's Dad: So where are you from?

Gilly: I'm a wilding.

Oooof. Can't someone please kill her?! I'm begging.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How about my girl Gilly this week?

Sam: So my dad is a huge jerk. And hates wildings. No matter what you do, don't tell him you're a wilding.

Gilly: Okay.

Sam's Dad: So where are you from?

Gilly: I'm a wilding.

Oooof. Can't someone please kill her?! I'm begging.

Seconded. I hate crap like that. And wildlings aren't stupid in general either.

I will say, at least she had the balls to stand up to the old . Watching Sam cower pissed me off. He's killed a White Walker for christs sake. Tell your old man to stuff it.

Reaction Score
Seconded. I hate crap like that. And wildlings aren't stupid in general either.

I will say, at least she had the balls to stand up to the old . Watching Sam cower pissed me off. He's killed a White Walker for christs sake. Tell your old man to stuff it.

He said he kept his mouth shut to ensure they took care of her and the kid. Eh, I guess I can swallow that.....although I find it hard to imagine him standing up to that old jerk in any circumstance.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It seems clear to me Margeary is trying to play the High Sparrow. I would imagine she's doing this to try to save her brother, who isn't taking this punishment as well as she is.

I think she knows that Cersei essentially empowered the high sparrow, to get at her and Loras. This is payback. She just put Tommen beyond Cersei's reach, strengthened her relationship with the king, endeared herself to the mob, and avoided a walk of atonement. She was never desperate in that cell, less so than Cersei and much less so than Loras. This was calculated, and cleverly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does he even know his daughter is dead yet?

And I wouldn't be at all surprised if Roose Bolton came up with the Red Wedding scheme, and Frey just followed through. He's only clever sometimes. If there's one thing true of Walder Frey, it's that he's often blinded by his jealousy of other houses and resulting inferiority complex.

Tywin Lannister came up with the scheme.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Anyone find the episode somewhat uneventful? There were important events, but not exciting ones. Pretty dull.

Reaction Score
I found it pretty funny to listen to Jamie Lannister whine as he was tossed from the King's Guard. Seeing as he killed the Mad King, it was a long time in coming.

Reaction Score
Anyone find the episode somewhat uneventful? There were important events, but not exciting ones. Pretty dull.

Frankly, I was surprised to find an episode on my DVR when returning home on Memorial Day. Think HBO skipped a week last year.

Reaction Score
Does he even know his daughter is dead yet?

And I wouldn't be at all surprised if Roose Bolton came up with the Red Wedding scheme, and Frey just followed through. He's only clever sometimes. If there's one thing true of Walder Frey, it's that he's often blinded by his jealousy of other houses and resulting inferiority complex.

Does he really give a crap about his daughters?

Reaction Score
It seems clear to me Margeary is trying to play the High Sparrow. I would imagine she's doing this to try to save her brother, who isn't taking this punishment as well as she is.

One episode review pointed out the irony of Margeary admitting to faking piety for her own benefit while faking piety for her own benefit . . .

Reaction Score
Tommen and Margeary would be smart to keep on faking it and telling Jamie and Cersei to stuff it. The Tyrells and Lannisters rule squat outside of their family's regions and King's Landing. A battle with the true power in King's Landing, with all of the other threats advancing, is utter madness.

Cersei is just the person to start it, naturally.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This might be a little ignorant, especially 6 seasons in, but - what exactly does being Ruler of the 7 Kingdoms get you? Richer, I suppose. Almost certain to be killed is another. Why the clamor to sit on the Iron Throne when each region or house seems to be fairly autonomous anyway?

Reaction Score
This might be a little ignorant, especially 6 seasons in, but - what exactly does being Ruler of the 7 Kingdoms get you? Richer, I suppose. Almost certain to be killed is another. Why the clamor to sit on the Iron Throne when each region or house seems to be fairly autonomous anyway?

You could say the same thing in the real world: who *&$ would want to run for President at this point? Clearly the best and the brightest stopped being interested decades ago . . .

Reaction Score

They were less autonomous under the Targaryeans than Robert and are obviously more autonomous now than under Robert. Also, the North where the Starks and our perspective comes from have always been the most autonomous. The North and Dorne are legitimately far away from King's Landing. The other five "kingdoms" are much less autonomous, separate and distinct at this point in their history.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think it might be useful to come up with a list of competent players, because most of the characters are total idiots.

LittleFinger - Other than pissing off Sansa, I can't find a lot of fault with anything he has done. He controls the one fresh army left in Westeros.

Tyrion - maybe competent. Went from being the most wanted man in Westeros to being the Mother of Dragon's Consigliere, but the deal with the Slavers seems like a bad idea, and he did get all his ships burned. He has also pissed off Missandei and Grey Worm. He will have to raise his game when the Iron Islanders show up.

Queen of Thornes - We are probably giving her more credit than she deserves. She let her heirs get captured by fanatics, Cersei has been holding her own against QoT for the whole season, and the QoT is stuck in an alliance with a family she hates while the rest of Westeros lights itself on fire again.

Dany - I have a suspicion that Dothrakis on boats is going to turn into a disaster somehow.

High Sparrow - playing with fire. He needs to release the prisoners to finish his takeover, but he is in danger now that they are no longer prisoners. Still, he is playing the game very well so far.

Yara - She got the upper hand on her uncle, that's for sure. That said, Iron Islanders don't have a great track record of actually winning anything. It would be more interesting if her and Theon get to Dany before her uncle.

Blackfish - Got a castle, an army and some allies. Also has the chance to get rid of his idiot nephew. We will see about the siege next week. If he is smart, he will stay in Riverrun.

Margaery/Tommen - Tommen is alive until Margaery decides she doesn't need him anymore.

Bran - If Meera was smart, she would find another man. In 5.5 seasons, Bran has only outsmarted Theon. Not a lot of great pelts on the wall.

Incompetent:

Sansa/Jon - The writers are going to have to stretch credibility to keep these two morons alive.

Arya - Jaqen and the Waif were probably the two worst people in the entire world to piss off. Literally #1 and #2 in that order.

Cersei/Jaime - Incompetence, thy name is Lannister. I assume that Jaime and Brienne are going to run into each other in the Riverlands. This is Jaime's last chance, because Cersei is going down hard if the rumors of a Second Battle of Blackwater are true.

Dornish Idiots - I wonder if we are done with these morons.

Euron - It is not good for any character when Theon gets the best of you.

Ned Stark - An idiot even from the grave. I was watching the fight against Sword of the Morning again this weekend. Ned shows up at a small castle in the middle of nowhere with 4 of his buddies against 2 Kingsguard (3 in the book), and rather than working out a peaceful solution, Ned lectures them on their duty until a fight breaks out and 3 of his buddies and the greatest swordsmen in Westeros get killed.

Reaction Score
Tommen and Margeary would be smart to keep on faking it and telling Jamie and Cersei to stuff it. The Tyrells and Lannisters rule squat outside of their family's regions and King's Landing. A battle with the true power in King's Landing, with all of the other threats advancing, is utter madness.

Cersei is just the person to start it, naturally.
Tommen's downfall will be telling Cersie to stuff it. There was a scene in one of the first couple episodes this season with the Mountain smashing some dudes skull for talking smack about Cersei.... They don't add fluff like that for no reason. He has blind loyalty to her and if Tommen oversteps his boundaries with her Cersei won't be able to stop the mountain from giving Tommen the Oberyn treatment....

Reaction Score
The only competent players in the Game of Thrones are Varys, Littlefinger, and Tyrion. Their competitors are bumbling idiots, one and all, especially Danny, who unfortunately has been gifted dragons and must therefore be suffered.

Arya isn't playing the Game. She has her own thing going on, but you underestimate her. The waif won't last another episode, maybe two.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think it might be useful to come up with a list of competent players, because most of the characters are total idiots.

That certainly reflects real life.

Reaction Score
Frankly, I was surprised to find an episode on my DVR when returning home on Memorial Day. Think HBO skipped a week last year.

IIRC, HBO skipped Memorial Day two years ago, but didn't skip last year.

Reaction Score
The only competent players in the Game of Thrones are Varys, Littlefinger, and Tyrion. Their competitors are bumbling idiots, one and all, especially Danny, who unfortunately has been gifted dragons and must therefore be suffered.

Arya isn't playing the Game. She has her own thing going on, but you underestimate her. The waif won't last another episode, maybe two.

I agree regarding Arya. I think she will take out the waif. Not sure if Jaqen will care after that. I think he said something to the effect of 'one way or another, a new face will be added to the wall', the waif's face will likely do just fine.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I would include Varys and maybe the Red Witch as well.

I also think you need to account for the hand that each player is dealt. Tyrion, for instance, despite being born into a great house, has largely been given a holy hell of a crappy hand. And has performed quite well I'd think. If you are playing the GoT, you are going to piss off some people. It's how you handle it that matters. a tip of the cap to him for having the balls and the brains to release the dragons.

While Dany, on the other hand, has been given Aces. Was basically sold into a Queendom, magically granted three f--ing dragons, which lead to the assumption of a loyal, unparalleled fighting force (the Unsullied). She still manages to f-- up at every turn (most anyway). Though her move with the Khal's was smooth and bold. Well played.

Bran's just a kid with as yet immeasurable and uncontrollable power. You can't expect him to be savvy about anything. Bran is almost outside the game anyway. He's operating on a different sphere.

Jon has done pretty damn well imo. His great failing was simply not explaining his reasoning clearly enough to the watch (and getting some buy in). But the move to go to Hardhome took massive balls and foresight, and is what directly lead him to having control of a Wildling army right now, which is truly an unbelievable state of affairs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom