GoT: How should I spend my 100.00? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

GoT: How should I spend my 100.00?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
One thing I wondered is in the event that the mountain comes face to face with the Night King, could he be turned? He's always at Cersei's side, so that would likely end her.

Reaction Score
I wish Bran were executed in Episode One, Scene One. I'll go with the Onion Knight because he's redundant now that Jon has access to the best advisors left on Westeros through Daenerys. Also, it's not believable he goes in battle unless it's the last battle scene because he is not a warrior, so he needs killing through early intrigue.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
I wish Bran were executed in Episode One, Scene One. I'll go with the Onion Knight because he's redundant now that Jon has access to the best advisors left on Westeros through Daenerys. Also, it's not believable he goes in battle unless it's the last battle scene because he is not a warrior, so he needs killing through early intrigue.
I like Bran's character, disagree with you there. The 3-eyed raven/Lord Brynden/Children of the Forest plotline is one of the more interesting and Bran is the window to the past.

I agree on Onion Knight, Davos is perfect to eliminate early. Have him disagree with Daenerys and insult/question her, get called out and killed but be proved correct soon after.

Reaction Score
Did you read Red Sister? I have it on my dresser, read the first few pages but got distracted by other things.

I've read the first two books in the trilogy. I've enjoyed them, but don't feel they're quite up to previous two trilogies. That said, I am sure to read book three when it's released.

Reaction Score
I think the first major death has to have some shock value and probably needs to be in the first two episodes. I think Jamie killing Cersei would be a good bet (or even the reverse), but I don't see it happening until the last few episodes if it does.
Kind of lame, but I'll go with Jorah Mormont, white walker, ep 2.

I agree. i just think Cersei has to last longer. Her killing Jamie would fit. First death doesn't have to be epic if several follow in close order.

Reaction Score
Euron is a great bet, but I don't know that you deserve much reward for taking that kind of risk. It's like betting on an overwhelmingly favored horse to place or show. You should have to pick a character that's been around at least since season 2 to get credit.

I reject your handicapping rules!!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
There's only 7 episodes left (although I would imagine each one is at least 80 minutes long), so outside of Cersei, Jon and Dany (and maybe Bran at this point) nobody dying in the first few episodes would be all that shocking. Not much time left.

Reaction Score
Nice. Interested to see what you think.

Finished the Lies of Lock Lamora yesterday. Good book. Enjoyed it. Took me a while to get invested in the character but the pace picked up about halfway through and it became much more of a page turner thereafter. I'll be interested to see how this is turned into a serialized story. The first book was rather self contained and didn't leave any big overarching storyline unfinished.

Reaction Score
Finished the Lies of Lock Lamora yesterday. Good book.
I liked the first book better than the next couple. Just got too far fetched for me. Still good with a couple of twists, but not up to the 1st book IMO.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Rut roh. I already downloaded book 2. Oh well, if it's a slog, I will blame @intlzncster.

It's not a slog. It's a little far-fetched I suppose, but as I said, these books are fun. It's not meant to be a more serious fantasy read.

Books 2 and 3 weren't quite as good, but I enjoyed them nonetheless. Book 2 has subject matter I enjoy anyway.

Put it this way, I'm definitely going to get the 4th when it comes out this year.

Reaction Score
It's not a slog. It's a little far-fetched I suppose, but as I said, these books are fun. It's not meant to be a more serious fantasy read.

Books 2 and 3 weren't quite as good, but I enjoyed them nonetheless. Book 2 has subject matter I enjoy anyway.

Put it this way, I'm definitely going to get the 4th when it comes out this year.

Oceans's 11 meets Tolkien so far? I like the idea.

Reaction Score

Book 2 is done and you've earned a reprieve from being placed on my Not Allowed To Make Recommendations List. Congratulations!
continues to enjoy the series. Thx.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Book 2 is done and you've earned a reprieve from being placed on my Not Allowed To Make Recommendations List. Congratulations!
continues to enjoy the series. Thx.

goshdarn right.

Reaction Score
Finished the Republic of Thieves and I am now annoyed that the fourth book isn't out. Good read. My only complaint is that the book wasn't longer. I expected it to continue further and was surprised when I realized it was done (I was reading an electronic version).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Finished the Republic of Thieves and I am now annoyed that the fourth book isn't out. Good read. My only complaint is that the book wasn't longer. I expected it to continue further and was surprised when I realized it was done (I was reading an electronic version).

August 12th 2019 - Thorn of Emberlain

Is there a better fantasy series name than The Gentleman Bastard Sequence?

I'm not sure there is.

Reaction Score
August 12th 2019 - Thorn of Emberlain

Is there a better fantasy series name than The Gentleman Bastard Sequence?

I'm not sure there is.

It's a good name for sure. Nice to hear the new book is being released soon because the third book left some mysteries and unresolved plot lines in ways the first two did not.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Can an unborn kid count as first?

Because Cersei aint delivering it.

Also :
Jaime kills Cersei
Zombie mountain kills Jaime
Hound (and Brienne maybe) kill zombie mountain

Reaction Score

Also :
Jaime kills Cersei

Qyburn is going to perform a partial birth abortion in the Red Keep after the ultrasound reveals the child's a dwarf.

Reaction Score

Also :
Jaime kills Cersei

I think Jaime killing Cersei is damn near a lock.

Reaction Score
No, I didn't know about it. That'll be my next one when I finish a few things. I like to read these types of books at night before bed because it helps me wind down.

Just note, 2nd Apocalypse is a little dense, and darker than most. But if you like to think a little bit, it's well worth the read imo.

Another one that just came to mind, that is in a different vein, but really fun, is the unfinished The Gentleman Bastard series by Scott Lynch. First book is the Lies of Locke Lamora.

It's fantasy, but not so much swords/knights style. Quick synopsis:

The series take place in the world of the shattered Therin Throne Empire and its descendant states. It follows the life of the young professional thief and con artist Locke Lamora, over a period of some fifteen to twenty years. 1st book: Elite con artists calling themselves the "Gentleman Bastards" rob the rich of the city of Camorr, based on late medieval Venice but on an unnamed world.

Lynch is 3 books into a planned 7 book series (4th supposedly being released this summer). But each book is relatively self contained, so you don't feel like you're hanging on a thread.

This one's not dense, but as I said, just fun. Highly recommend it.

Wish I had picked up Second Apocalypse. I was gonna get started on that after reading the Gentleman Bastards, but got scared off by some negative Amazon reviews. Started The Black Company series by Glen Cook instead and it's just . . . ok.

Point to Intl.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Wish I had picked up Second Apocalypse. I was gonna get started on that after reading the Gentleman Bastards, but got scared off by some negative Amazon reviews. Started The Black Company series by Glen Cook instead and it's just . . . ok.

Point to Intl.

I can see that. As I think I said, it's not for everyone. It might not be for you either. But I found the philosophy interesting. It definitely has a more intellectual bent.

I also like the 'creativity' of it. It's not the usual fantasy universe. And I enjoyed the detail of certain aspects.

Reaction Score
I can see that. As I think I said, it's not for everyone. It might not be for you either. But I found the philosophy interesting. It definitely has a more intellectual bent.

I also like the 'creativity' of it. It's not the usual fantasy universe. And I enjoyed the detail of certain aspects.
Well, you've got credit in the bank recommendation wise. I picked up the Black Company because of an online review. I am committed now, but Second Apocalypse really is the next series after this one.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
I've read the first two books in the trilogy. I've enjoyed them, but don't feel they're quite up to previous two trilogies. That said, I am sure to read book three when it's released.
Just got through Red Sister. The first 30 or so pages were a chore but it really flowed after that and I couldn’t put it down once there were 50 pages to go. The second half was somewhat predictable but enjoyable nonetheless. I really like his creativity, especially in the environment/universe he develops. Book two is in the mail, can’t wait.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom