Got an email from Doggydaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It reads:

Hello
I Hope you get this on time, My family and i made a trip to Turkey and had Our bags stolen from us with Our Mobile and personal effects therein. The embassy has been helpful but We have to pay for a ticket and settle Our hotel bills with the Manager.
We have made contact with our bank but it would take 3-5 working days to access funds in our account, the bad news is Our flight will be leaving very soon but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills, We need your help/LOAN financially and we promise to make the refund once we get back home, you are our last resort and hope, Please let me know if We can count on you and I need you to keep checking your email because it's the only way I can reach you.
Thanks,

Funny, this exact same thing happened to TonyC about a month ago. Strange coincidence.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think I got one from TonyC a while back too.

When I'm really in Turkey this fall and trying to bail Eric out of jail, THAT request will be legit. :)

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Werll, it was nice knowing DD. Hope he enjoys the Turkish hoosegow (sp?) because I understand that's where the Turks throw all such unfortunates.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Yep email got hacked. Next you should get Life Alert because your identity is next.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It reads:

Hello
I Hope you get this on time, My family and i made a trip to Turkey and had Our bags stolen from us with Our Mobile and personal effects therein. The embassy has been helpful but We have to pay for a ticket and settle Our hotel bills with the Manager.
We have made contact with our bank but it would take 3-5 working days to access funds in our account, the bad news is Our flight will be leaving very soon but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills, We need your help/LOAN financially and we promise to make the refund once we get back home, you are our last resort and hope, Please let me know if We can count on you and I need you to keep checking your email because it's the only way I can reach you.
Thanks,

Funny, this exact same thing happened to TonyC about a month ago. Strange coincidence.

Is doggydaddy Nigerian?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Is doggydaddy Nigerian?
No - but his great uncle just died and remembered you in his will ....

I have received a number of emails recently purporting to be from various US courts re: eviction notices or lawsuits.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
No, not in Turkey.

But getting lots of emails from folks on my email list asking me if I am...lol.

Sucks. Sorry to all that got this email from me.

Not sure I have to do anything but change my password.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I used to get a lot of those. Since I started using AVG and Malwarebytes they have totally stopped. The only thing I have had a problem with lately (I think as a result of having had to watch the games on ILive) is something called League of Angels, which is apparently a trojan and which, even though it does consist primarily of semi-naked ladies, is extremely annoying. Even it seems to have stopped since I have stopped visiting ILive.

Having lived in Turkey for a short while a few years ago, I can testify that it is indeed very possible to get your stuff stolen there. Would suggest extra caution.

Reaction Score
I can not send cash but I can contribute a huge box of S&H Green Stamps. I don't know where to mail them but am open to someone with a company check to come by and pick them up in exchange for a fee.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Kelly may still be there too...tell her hello from all of us ;)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And watch out for tear gas and water cannons. Lot of that going around lately, especially in Istanbul and Ankara.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I want to thank Nan for posting this on the board.

I'm sure she had her reasons.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I want to thank Nan for posting this on the board.

I'm sure she had her reasons.
It's a pretty common spam that's been going around so there's nothing personal in the info. I thought the board could use a topic to play around with and, knowing your great sense of humor, thought you would enjoy the laughs.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
It's a pretty common spam that's been going around so there's nothing personal in the info. I thought the board could use a topic to play around with and, knowing your great sense of humor, thought you would enjoy the laughs.

and maybe a turkey sandwich

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
No, not in Turkey.

But getting lots of emails from folks on my email list asking me if I am...lol.

Sucks. Sorry to all that got this email from me.

Not sure I have to do anything but change my password.

Crap! Then I want you to send the $1000 I just sent to you by Western Union back, right now!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Yeah, this is a laugh a minute.

Not I can send emails but I'm not receiving any. Ever try to contact Yahoo help? About to shoot myself.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yeah, this is a laugh a minute.

Not I can send emails but I'm not receiving any. Ever try to contact Yahoo help? About to shoot myself.
Yahoo mail help is bad. If you go on a users forum to get help, the people there tell you that the service is free so the mail users are low on the totem pole.

If you have another email address, forward the message to yourself, then forward that to abuse@yahoo.com. I don't know if they'll get back to you right away but I've had a little success with them.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It reads:

Hello
Thanks,

seems-legit-meme-collection-1mut.com-15.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32