GORDON updates | Page 2 | The Boneyard

GORDON updates

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wellll, yes.and stop making fun of me.
Since we're on the subject, Does anybody have current info on Flash?
I am pretty sure Flash passed the pre-season conditioning test.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Reading it carefully, it's reasonably clear.

However ... I feel confident that most of us read this stuff pretty quickly. If you knew Lexi had a sister it was all pretty obvious. If you didn't and you read it quickly, it was pretty easy to miss.
No matter how carefully you read you will eventually come across a post that is perfectly unclear. Guarantee if you ask for clarification someone will help. If you choose to diss you will get help with that too.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if Myra follows Lexi to Storrs. Lexie has been a Big influence on Myra all of her life. It's not uncommon for younger siblings to follow an older one to the same college program. It could happen.
Myra will become intimately familiar with UConn over the next 4 years. She will have a better understanding and appreciation of THIS program than any other in the country. Remember, she'll be getting daily reports from Lexie the entire time. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Uconn has ever had a sister act?
Morgan and Ashley Valley

upload_2017-8-5_13-19-37.png

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
pic 2 yrs ago, when the Young G was what... in the 8th grade? We know how Geno is when it comes to under underclassewomen :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wellll, yes.and stop making fun of me.
Since we're on the subject, Does anybody have current info on Flash?
He was in the Ted movies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nothing really new here. The Gordon family and Geno in January 2016 pic.

CY9qZTZWwAAjXmv.jpg
I agree, it shouldn't be anything new to anyone who follows the BY at all. There have been probably a half a dozen pictures/videos of the two of them on here over the past year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who did you think the title of the thread was referring to? Flash?
Ben actually. :oops:

(But I saw it on the New Posts so I didn't see which board it was on.)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ben actually. :oops:

(But I saw it on the New Posts so I didn't see which board it was on.)
Ben Gordon has a sister and passed his pre-season conditioning test?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nothing really new here. The Gordon family and Geno in January 2016 pic.

CY9qZTZWwAAjXmv.jpg

Ah Geno with the Gordae

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
thanks Husky for us die-hard who don't know a player who isn't on the UConn roster or even a verbal recruit... same about the "summer conditioning test", if she didn't pass what happens... has anyone ever failed, and what happened?
I'd question the die-hardedness then.
Haha - no one has ever passed

1. Never heard of a pass/fail conditioning test.
I assume pretty much every program (any sport from HS on) has conditioning tests. I'm sure you either pass or fail them. Probably variants on what happens if you fail.

There was a story years ago about the run they have to do (they would occasionally report who came in first - I think Sveta did a couple times). It involved a big hill at some point. The story goes that Kaili McLaren was so far behind everyone else on the run her first 3 years that she didn't realize it was part of the course. She always went a different way. By her Sr year she was closer to the other girls by the time they got to the hill and she was shocked they had go up the hill.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'd question the die-hardedness then.

I assume pretty much every program (any sport from HS on) has conditioning tests. I'm sure you either pass or fail them. Probably variants on what happens if you fail.

There was a story years ago about the run they have to do (they would occasionally report who came in first - I think Sveta did a couple times). It involved a big hill at some point. The story goes that Kaili McLaren was so far behind everyone else on the run her first 3 years that she didn't realize it was part of the course. She always went a different way. By her Sr year she was closer to the other girls by the time they got to the hill and she was shocked they had go up the hill.
Loved that story. Legend also has it that Bria Hartley never finished other than first on that run also.

JS

Reaction Score
Guarantee if you ask for clarification someone will help. If you choose to diss you will get help with that too.
Appreciate the former. That's a major reason we're all here.

The latter, not so much. Dissing other Boneyarders for not knowing something you think they "should" know if they were -- in your estimation -- a "true fan" is a form of snobbery and contributes nothing useful.

Not singling anyone out, but the undesirable theme got started early in the thread and would've been headed off had it been spotted at the time. On the bright side, it eventually morphed into good-natured banter.

Everyone: Please treat all other posters -- from the most informed to the least -- with respect. This is a diverse community, united by a common interest, not by a common standard of knowledge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom