Gordon Sammis, Mora’s best hire | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gordon Sammis, Mora’s best hire

Reaction Score
I agree on Sammis. Really rebuilt the oline. But I would also say the linebacker and d-back coaches deserve high praise too. Tackling is light years better than in the past. Pass coverage is much improved too. There were situations Saturday where the Liberty qb just had lots of time but nobody to throw to. Their last play, he had all day until our guy finally rushed and harassed him. But he had nobody to throw the ball to. I can’t remember the last year we got coverage sacks and coverage hurries.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I met Fortin's Mom at the game Saturday, very nice woman but she speaks almost zero English and I speak zero French so it was just a lot of us smiling and nodding our heads at each other.

Best part is we met when I asked to use her lighter while she was smoking aside the ice machine next to the ladies room. Not a translator in sight but we really did spend a good 4-5 minutes smiling and hand gesturing to each other while talking a little louder in our native tongue hoping the other understood.

If anyone knows Christopher, please ask him to let his Mother know I appreciated the light and the conversation.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Actually, I also sat next to Bo Este's parents in the little silver seats in front of the redline and eventually had to apologize to his Mom for hugging her whenever something good happened. She and Mr. Este's seemed to appreciate the moments. On the other side was Victor, Brayden Zermeno's Grandfather. I've been drinking beers with him the past three weeks and he is amazing. Has been in a hotel near Storrs from LA for almost a month and headed home after the Army game.

Reminds me of the old days when I watched every game with Mr. Lutrus and Mr. Griffin. My old handle was behindtheredine because that's where I watched every snap for a good 15-16 years, most of them surrounded by player family members that were too antsy like me to sit in a seat.

Reaction Score
When you think about it: 5 of the 6 OL were on the roster last year ... and they sucked!
I love what Guidone has done (though his snaps always seem to be low), but this proves what coaching and a scheme can do.
I'd like to see ofori-nydadu move to C and bring in Shor (if he wins the job)

Reaction Score
I met Fortin's Mom at the game Saturday, very nice woman but she speaks almost zero English and I speak zero French so it was just a lot of us smiling and nodding our heads at each other.
Ha! Luckily I paid enough attention in French class to have a rudimentary conversation with her. Very nice family.

Reaction Score
Actually, I also sat next to Bo Este's parents
On the other side was Victor, Brayden Zermeno's Grandfather. He is amazing. Has been in a hotel near Storrs from LA for almost a month and headed home after the Army game.
That’s awesome!
It’s easy to overlook the commitment these families make to support their sons. And not all of them have the resources. Fortins drive from Quebec City, Estes fly from Tulsa, Zermano and several others from California, several from Florida and Texas, and Danny Antolovich’s dad flies from Switzerland!
It doesn’t matter if their kids are starters or have yet to play one down. You may say “of course they make the effort to support their kids”—but I find it inspiring.

Reaction Score
That’s awesome!
It’s easy to overlook the commitment these families make to support their sons. And not all of them have the resources. Fortins drive from Quebec City, Estes fly from Tulsa, Zermano and several others from California, several from Florida and Texas, and Danny Antolovich’s dad flies from Switzerland!
It doesn’t matter if their kids are starters or have yet to play one down. You may say “of course they make the effort to support their kids”—but I find it inspiring.
Love the commitment from all involved. Watching the women's game last night, they mentioned that Azzi Fudd's grandparents bought a house near Storrs so they could watch Azzi. Another example of commitment as long as you have the resources.

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> As the UConn football team has lost key player after key player to injury, success has come from the one positional group that has remained the most healthy – the offensive line. With a goal of being “the best,” inspired by new offensive line coach Gordon Sammis, the Huskies have seemingly been able to win games by running the ball no matter who is lined up in the backfield.

The core five: Valentin Senn, Noel Ofori-Nyadu, Jake Guidone, Christian Haynes and Chase Lundt – have started all 11 games for the Huskies this season. <-

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> As the UConn football team has lost key player after key player to injury, success has come from the one positional group that has remained the most healthy – the offensive line. With a goal of being “the best,” inspired by new offensive line coach Gordon Sammis, the Huskies have seemingly been able to win games by running the ball no matter who is lined up in the backfield.

The core five: Valentin Senn, Noel Ofori-Nyadu, Jake Guidone, Christian Haynes and Chase Lundt – have started all 11 games for the Huskies this season. <-

It's amazing to hear all the o-line who have been interviewed all have the same message of being the best o-line in the country and they all have said great things about Coach Sammis.

Reaction Score
Sadly Guidone will be leaving, so hopefully next man up is ready
Where is he going? His coaching of the line and running schemes will be missed for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom