Gordon Sammis, Mora’s best hire | The Boneyard

Gordon Sammis, Mora’s best hire

Reaction Score
Mora’s best hire. He has built a cohesive o-line that has helped a true freshman QB mature. Top notch run blocking w/ opposing teams knowing what is coming. UConn threw the ball more today and gave up 0 sacks. When you talk about increasing the assistant’s salaries Sammis is first on my list

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Mora’s best hire. He has built a cohesive o-line that has helped a true freshman QB mature. Top notch run blocking w/ opposing teams knowing what is coming. UConn threw the ball more today and gave up 0 sacks. When you talk about increasing the assistant’s salaries Sammis is first on my list
Zero sacks to the team who leads the country in sacks.

Reaction Score
Sadly Guidone will be leaving, so hopefully next man up is ready

Luckily, whomever takes Guidone's place will have had the benefit of watching Guidone do his job. We haven't had that in a while, and i think it will make a difference...if even just a little one. He will also have G Sammis as a coach. I feel much better about this transition than i have about any here in a long time.

Reaction Score
Luckily, whomever takes Guidone's place will have had the benefit of watching Guidone do his job. We haven't had that in a while, and i think it will make a difference...if even just a little one. He will also have G Sammis as a coach. I feel much better about this transition than i have about any here in a long time.
They will also be flanked by Ofori-Nyadu & Haynes who are both very good.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You could see the difference in the O-Line from the very beginning of the year. It was our weakest link for a decade and suddenly became the most consistent unit on the team.

Need transfers for center and both guard spots for next year. Fortin is great for the jumbo package but has a huge downgrade when he plays any of the starting positions. And I really like how Fortin looked last year.

Reaction Score
When they keep the penalties low they are elite run blockers. Allows us to stay with the run.

Reaction Score
Since the running game is mentioned here, I will throw this in from the periphery.

After the game I watched a little Penn State v Maryland. At one point Penn State on a fourth and one lined up with two tight ends and a T formation. The play went for a 30 yard TD off tackle. I kid you not.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Incredible, and each of those guys should be back next year and Fortin is a terrific replacement for the center we are losing.

The future is bright.

Disagree on Fortin. He has been way worse than the starter at any line position he has played this year
So many bad snaps and I won't chalk it up to rust or lack of repetition.

Fortin has been very good on those jumbo packages but has been subpar at center, guard or tackle.

Reaction Score

he’s the new Foley.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Incredible, and each of those guys should be back next year and Fortin is a terrific replacement for the center we are losing.

The future is bright.

I met Fortin's Mom at the game Saturday, very nice woman but she speaks almost zero English and I speak zero French so it was just a lot of us smiling and nodding our heads at each other.

Reaction Score
There are threads on extending Jim Mora etc.... in my mind, this is the guy we need to pay and elevate to make sure he doesn't get a higher paying gig elsewhere, at least for another season or two.

Reaction Score
Gordie! Never met a Gordie I didn't respect or like. Haven't met Gordie, but his OL's improved performance speaks to his coaching and leadership.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom