Goodman keeping it going on Cowherd | The Boneyard

Goodman keeping it going on Cowherd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Listening to this potato-headed yokel on cowherd right now, a great listen if you want to feel a fire burning in your heart. I have to say its great mojo, Goodman says its too much Shabazz and relying on players who aren't reliable (Boat/Daniels), to me, we haven't been shabazz reliant at all. He's the team leader, but weve had some of our best runs with him on the bench.

I am pulling for the German assassin to find his shot in the giant dome and be the x-factor we need. The fact that we haven't played the best we have so far is a great sign to me, we still have that A game in our pocket and I think we need it Saturday. Even if we don't need it, its the second to last chance we could possibly have, so let's come out fighting like the dogs we are and ride an early charge to the championship game

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's not potato-headed.

He's bucket-headed.

He past potato-headed in about third grade.

Reaction Score
I agree with those things to a degree. DD hasn't been consistent. Sometimes teams just click and it all comes together. We are doing things we couldn't do two weeks ago. That is what you want to see. I don't think these guys are idiots picking UF, it's justified. However, those of us that watch every game and understand each players strengths and weaknesses are seeing that some of these guys have evolved.

Deandre is hitting the boards and finding midrange mismatch jumpers to go along with shooting 3's.

Boat is making plays on offense here and there but he's facilitating better than ever and guarding like a rabid dog.

Nolan and Brimah are both playing big and tough. They are realizing that even if they lack beef, they are tall and quick and what strength they lack can be made up for with relentlessness.

Neils is rebounding with amazing resolve. Once he has a ball in his hands, taking it away from him is like trying to take a frisbee from a pitbull.

Samuel is going to the rim no matter who stands in his way, giving us a weapon that didn't exist during the regular season or AAC tourney.

KO has found his rhythm. He is working the rotation like a maestro and his adjustments are all perfect.

Lastly, we are making free throws with a confidence and consistency that we haven't seen since Tate, Nadav and Smitty were in Storrs.

I feel very good about our chances to win this thing, mostly because now that these guys believe in themselves, they've made a believer out if me. Shabazz is not alone out there and anyone who says he is has no basketball IQ at all. This team is solid top to bottom and they are improving with each game.

I mean it when I say this, God bless this team and what they have done for us and our university. Just when we all felt darkness was upon us, they lit up Manhattan with the brightest light they could muster and brought moxy back to the program. The UConn Pride shirts apparently mean something to them and I am ashamed for ever having doubted them. They have earned my respect and adoration and if they haven't earned Jeff Goodman's then maybe they will after they stick a foot in Florida's a**.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm too lazy to look back through my timeline, didn't one of you guys give him a hard time before the MSU game, and he said he'd eat crow (more or less) if UConn won? What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom