Goodman: Hurley to UConn (not official) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Goodman: Hurley to UConn (not official)

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Does he troll UConn fans? Or is just realistic about the program, which bothers fans?

...or is he just, you know, a troll?

EI_178413_20130618_JF1_8802.jpg

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I think the situations are a bit different. Firing Stallings(a search firm recommendation) after going winless in conference came with no risk.
Save for an 8-figure buyout? And a flimsy "just cause" case?

I mean, I want us to be in the driver's seat here, but I just don't see how your logic re: UConn doesn't also apply to Pitt. Let's just hope you're right.

Reaction Score
Goodman loves to troll UCONN fans. I don't trust it.

Goodman is a , but is there a guy the BY does not think hates/trolls UConn? By my count over the years we have had Goodman, Doyel, Bilas, Gottlieb, Barkley... Of course, many times we've flipped when they've said something that wasn't critical about us and we then valued their "honesty."

Last edited:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Do people in the twitter age regularly push stories that are heavily unverified or purely speculation to push some sort of agenda, yes. Do people who claim to be "professionals" making a living intentionally "troll" complete strangers for no other reason than some sort of personal pleasure? No, that's ridiculous.

If he says it publicly, especially on an ESPN branded broadcast, he is doing it as an employee so his credibility is attached to the statement. Therefore if he's wrong, he's wrong because the source was bogus, NOT because Goodman wants to "troll" you nobodies that's paranoid nonsense. Let's see how this plays out.

Reaction Score
Save for an 8-figure buyout? And a flimsy "just cause" case?

I mean, I want us to be in the driver's seat here, but I just don't see how your logic re: UConn doesn't also apply to Pitt. Let's just hope you're right.

What are you not understanding? His point is perfectly clear. Stallings had to be fired, and other than the financial cost there was no downside to the AD in doing so. He wasn't firing a former leader of the Pitt program as a player, or a coach with a recent 13 year NBA career, or a coach who won the championship. Benedict, while the firing is certainly reasonable, has something to lose by doing so if the next coach can't quickly make us better.

Reaction Score
Do people in the twitter age regularly push stories that are heavily unverified or purely speculation to push some sort of agenda, yes. Do people who claim to be "professionals" making a living intentionally "troll" complete strangers for no other reason than some sort of personal pleasure? No, that's ridiculous.

If he says it publicly, especially on an ESPN branded broadcast, he is doing it as an employee so his credibility is attached to the statement. Therefore if he's wrong, he's wrong because the source was bogus, NOT because Goodman wants to "troll" you nobodies that's paranoid nonsense. Let's see how this plays out.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm not a Goodman fan. No need to be a .

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm not a Goodman fan. No need to be a .
I'm not making that post to be a you sensitive kleenex, I'm analyzing the logic behind the common theory in the thread that you were endorsing. Obviously its an opinion but it helps to look at an idea logically before jumping to the farthest possible conclusion.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If true, I love the irony for those around the program for many years.

Despite the many great players that came out of St Anthony's over the years, I don't think Calhoun was ever successful in recruiting a Hurley Sr coached player to come to UConn despite his many attempts and great recruits (correct me if I am wrong, but I cannot remember UConn ever getting any of St Anthony players despite many attempts) ....Now he is going to convince Hurley Sr's own son to take over the UConn program! Quite ironic.:)

Last edited:

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Hearing the audio clip that was posted retroactively re-labels this thread as OT:misleading title spam" and should have the thread deleted for wasting our time.

The whole source of info boils down to a host asking Goodman who he calls "the most connected guy regardig coaching hires" or something bs and then asks him who he thinks will be the next coach at UConn to which he answers Hurley.

Reaction Score
It's a relevant thought, Goodman is pretty tied into things no matter how much we may dislike him. So if he says he thinks Hurley will come here, that's definitely worthwhile to note.

Reaction Score
Hearing the audio clip that was posted retroactively re-labels this thread as OT:misleading title spam" and should have the thread deleted for wasting our time.

The whole source of info boils down to a host asking Goodman who he calls "the most connected guy regardig coaching hires" or something bs and then asks him who he thinks will be the next coach at UConn to which he answers Hurley.

The title is egregious. Needs to be changed or deleted.

People in media are supposed to have opinions on everything nowadays. Goodman was asked his opinion on our future head coach. Nothing more, nothing less

BUConn10

Reaction Score
The title is egregious. Needs to be changed or deleted.

People in media are supposed to have opinions on everything nowadays. Goodman was asked his opinion on our future head coach. Nothing more, nothing less
Yea but he is also a known professional UConn troll so I'm keeping my ears open.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom