Goodman at it again | The Boneyard

Goodman at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Said Shabazz Napier game winner over Florida was a fluke just now on ESPN.

Haters gon hate.

Reaction Score
Said Shabazz Napier game winner over Florida was a fluke just now on ESPN.

Haters gon hate.

Huh? How was it a fluke? Shabazz has hit game winners quite a few times in his career.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It was a fluke. Horrible set, horrible initial shot, totally lucky tap out rebound. One in a million occurrence. But that is basketball. You take the win and move on.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think he means the series of events that led Bazz to getting a second shot. The first one bricked badly. It was only because of a fortunate bounce/tip from 'Dre that he got a second (open) look. But hey, if that was the one offensive rebound we got all game, it came at a great time.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
image-2382198664.jpg

Reaction Score
Florida is one of the best in the country... We beat them early, before we were even clicking. We still thought Omar was gonna have a season back when we played them. They were also down a player so those both even out in my opinion. They had a guy hurt and we didn't have the rotation down. If we played them 10 times I bet we win 5 of them.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
You could say half of the baskets scored in a game are flukes. A weird bounce here, a tipped pass that lands right in the hands of someone who makes a shot, etc. He is just being a d*ck and continuing his anti-uconn agenda.

Reaction Score
What was the context of the conversation? Was he talking about Florida and saying the loss was a fluke?

Either way, I really do not understand the people who go out of their way to be offended by what he says and then bring that stuff to this board. Please just ignore him and if you can't, don't bother us with it.

Reaction Score
Well it wasn't a designed play, and all the stars had to be aligned. If DD doesn't tap it in the right direction, or if Bazz is a foot or two left/right of the deflection, well.........

To some its a fluke, others a great play (i.e.sequence) neither are wrong.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Leebo said:
What was the context of the conversation? Was he talking about Florida and saying the loss was a fluke? Either way, I really do not understand the people who go out of their way to be offended by what he says and then bring that stuff to this board. Please just ignore him and if you can't, don't bother us with it.

Absolutely.

Man our fan base is overly sensitive about press sometimes. Goodman is crap but isn't that floridas last loss? just pointing out that if it wasn't for a fortuitous bounce they don't lose that either. We should be above worrying about that stuff.

Reaction Score
Florida is one of the best in the country... We beat them early, before we were even clicking. We still thought Omar was gonna have a season back when we played them. They were also down a player so those both even out in my opinion. They had a guy hurt and we didn't have the rotation down. If we played them 10 times I bet we win 5 of them.

Who were they down? Do you mean Chris Walker? The Wilbekin injury in the last 3 minutes didn't hurt them much. UConn didn't stop them once after he went down. Florida scored a bucket each and every time they had the ball. Can't do better than that.

Reaction Score
What was the context of the conversation? Was he talking about Florida and saying the loss was a fluke?

Either way, I really do not understand the people who go out of their way to be offended by what he says and then bring that stuff to this board. Please just ignore him and if you can't, don't bother us with it.

If I didn't post it then I'm sure someone else would have. It is a snow day for most of us. If you don't like the topic you can simply choose to ignore it, pretty simple concept.

Reaction Score
No comment on the context? Unless he was doing a segment on "Why Shabazz Napier is overrated" I'm guessing it's just oversensitivity.

Reaction Score
FWIW He's also said that Shabazz is the best PG in the nation. Figured he should get credit for that.

Reaction Score
Who were they down? Do you mean Chris Walker? The Wilbekin injury in the last 3 minutes didn't hurt them much. UConn didn't stop them once after he went down. Florida scored a bucket each and every time they had the ball. Can't do better than that.
Kasey Hill did not play, not a huge loss, but he does log 20+ mins a game for them now

Reaction Score

I'm not one of those people who believes the Florida win should have an asterisk attached to it or anything like that (they started the same lineup in that game they've been starting all year), but Wilbekin is one of the best defensive guards in the country and Napier really got off down the stretch (with the four point play and then the game winner). It's fair to wonder if he would have been better held in check with Wilbekin hounding him.

As for people who call it a "fluke", I guess it was to some extent, but you could say the same thing about that kid from Cincinnati throwing one off the glass in a critical moment last week. There are dozens of fluky things that happen throughout the course of a game - the bottom line is that games decided by less than 3 points are generally 50/50 propositions for precisely that reason, luck has a lot to do with it.

Reaction Score
I would argue You can classify probably 75% of game winners as "fluke". Did he also mention the Syracuse game winner last night as "fluke" or was that just skill and the playcall?

Reaction Score
It was a fluke. Horrible set, horrible initial shot, totally lucky tap out rebound. One in a million occurrence. But that is basketball. You take the win and move on.
Watch the replay there was little more luck on the second shot than occurs in BB
He was hammered getting through 3 players and the first shot was off balance. Some. would argue he was fouled.
Florida overplaying him allowed DD ,who was suppose to be the screener for for the first shot to beat the entire Fla team (because of their overplay) to the ball.
If you slow it down DD actually sees SN and taps it to him for an uncontestested shot. If you want to call a short uncontested shot created by a hustle play and Florida panic a fluke than half the made baskets in the sport are flukes.. The basketball commentary on ESPN with few exceptions is pathetic and worse than that agenda driven.

Reaction Score
I guess it's also a fluke that Florida didn't rebound Bazz's first miss right?

Reaction Score
The way he said it --he was like noticeably upset. He was like " *groan groan* that FLUKE loss to Connecticut *grrrrr*"

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Offensive rebounds are not fluky, neither are foul line jumpers. We beat them, straight up. Pay that man his money.

Reaction Score
It's fair to call the game-winner a flukey play. Not fair to call the entire result a fluke win for us/loss for them. I didn't see the segment but I'm guessing this was more of a pro-Florida statement than anti-UConn, that they only have two losses and could easily have just one. Not worth throwing a fit over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom