Good Uconn sports bar in the Danbury area | The Boneyard

Good Uconn sports bar in the Danbury area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All, I'm heading back to New Fairfield for Christmas and I'm looking for a good place to watch the UConn/Fairfield game where I'll have audio.

I was thinking Buffalo Wild Wings but I'm not sure how the local broadcasts work. I'm assuming this game will be on SNY, so I'm pretty sure they will have that channel. But I'm also not sure what other sports games are on that night.

Any other ideas? Thanks!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
It's a really nice place. Take my kids there whenever i get the chance - they love the "1000 TV's" :)

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I'm from New Fairfield as well, currently living in Waterbury.

I wouldnt recommend BWW. 1st and 10 is ok. I was unaware it was owned by a boneyarder (who?!)

Reaction Score
Definitely go to First and 10. I watched the San Diego State game there during the NCAA's and the place was sick! They did F up my food order but I am not going to hold that against them

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wouldnt recommend BWW. 1st and 10 is ok. I was unaware it was owned by a boneyarder (who?!)

CT Viper. He used to post more often, before he became a small business owner.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'll second TK's. The wings are still awesome. And you get free wings on your birthday!

And 3 Brothers is right across the street...at least it was as of a year ago, or so. I need to go back there soon.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Pippa's is good (better wings than TK's IMO) and personal TV's in each booth

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
South Street, right next to Rogers's Park, it's a good sports bar with great food

Reaction Score
I'll second TK's. The wings are still awesome. And you get free wings on your birthday!

And 3 Brothers is right across the street...at least it was as of a year ago, or so. I need to go back there soon.

3 brothers brings back some memories of high school and early college(summers). Parents lived in new milford

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I went to WestConn...never went to 3 Brothers. I was a new holiday guy.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Never heard of the place in my 4 years at school, sammy...will have to check it out sometime.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
I went to WestConn...never went to 3 Brothers. I was a new holiday guy.

Holiday Diner -> Best cup of coffee in Danbury, hands down

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I was born and raised in Danbury and spent much time at Pippa's when it was owned by Choppie Pippa. I believe he sold the business to his former manager some years back. Back then it was really a bar and not much for food (although based on other posts here that may have changed). For one or two seasons in the '90's they used to have Giant players like Pepper Johnson there for Monday Night Football to sign autographs for customers. It was pretty cool. TK's is more of a college bar for the Westconn students. I've never been to 1st and 10 but it is a bit out if the way. I would go with Pippa's.

Reaction Score
Man. This thread is a walk down memory lane.
Windmill diner on Mill Plain used to be decent.
Pippas I've only been to a couple times, but I got a pass on a breakaway from the guy who owned it back in the late 80s - he's gotta be in his late 40s or 50s now. Dude was good. I sucked. Rocket pass to the face. My introduction to the concept of "be ready for the pass - always." Scottie maybe? He also ran the rec league in Danbury back when I played that. Must have been 1985ish. Maybe 84ish. I remember playing against the "gold team." Had a dude named Fonzie and a dude named Vonzell on it. We were the worst team in the leauge (red team), but we pulled out the most improbable win in the history of sports. No . Like Gary Coleman wrestling Mr. T and Coleman won.
3 brothers? Is that on South street? Were they open 24? I seem to recall being there a lot very late.
Used to go to Kabuki on Mill plain. There was a place tucked in off the road by Joe's Hill had pretty nice ambiance.

Memories.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Choppie Pippa was the owner in the '80's (and the namesake) and he was involved with rec sports. He went to Danbury HS with my sister back in the day and was a very good athlete. He's about 55 or so now.

The Vonsell you reference was Vonsell Johnson who played for DHS in the late 80's. He got a hoops scholarship to the Univ. of Hartford and spent a season there before transferring to Southern CT. He played on the 1989 state championship team that had Anthony 'Snake' Harris who played for Syracus and later at Hawaii where he made all WAC, and Donnail Diggs who also got a scholarship to the Univ. of Hartford and then played for Howard. Every starter on the Danbury High team and some bench players got scholarships to either D1 or D2 schools. That was an unbelievable team with the athletes they had. They alley-ooped dunked all the time and it was like watching a college game. Those games were the most exciting and intense games I have ever attended. The Fonzie you reference was Fonzie Joyner I believe.

As far as Three Brothers goes, it was and is on White Street and used to be (not sure if it still is) open 24 hours. It used to be a big hang-out for on duty cops. Kabuke closed last year much to the dismay of local residents.

I believe the name of the place off of Joe's Hill Rd (near Exit 2 ioff of I-84) on Mill Plain Rd is Rosy Tomorrow's, another great local place I spent a lot of time at.

Man. This thread is a walk down memory lane.
Windmill diner on Mill Plain used to be decent.
Pippas I've only been to a couple times, but I got a pass on a breakaway from the guy who owned it back in the late 80s - he's gotta be in his late 40s or 50s now. Dude was good. I sucked. Rocket pass to the face. My introduction to the concept of "be ready for the pass - always." Scottie maybe? He also ran the rec league in Danbury back when I played that. Must have been 1985ish. Maybe 84ish. I remember playing against the "gold team." Had a dude named Fonzie and a dude named Vonzell on it. We were the worst team in the leauge (red team), but we pulled out the most improbable win in the history of sports. No . Like Gary Coleman wrestling Mr. T and Coleman won.
3 brothers? Is that on South street? Were they open 24? I seem to recall being there a lot very late.
Used to go to Kabuki on Mill plain. There was a place tucked in off the road by Joe's Hill had pretty nice ambiance.

Memories.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Pippa's wings themselves are better than TK's (smaller). However, TKs definitely has the better sauces/flavors

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
My girlfriend's family lives about 2 minutes from windmill diner, so I spent plenty of time there. Good place. And of course, I would go to kabuki for karaoke nights while at school. Had my first hot sake there. Because it was served in a small porcelain glass about this size of a shot, I assumed you take it like a shot. Bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom