Good Uconn sports bar in the Danbury area | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Good Uconn sports bar in the Danbury area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I worked for Choppie running the scoreboard for the DAYO league for a year or two. I believe he also coached the Great Plains Elementary School basketball team for a while. All succumbed to my King Street championship team however.

Reaction Score
Go to Tk's... Pay what they're ranked for every other beer during UConn games if you are wearing anything UConn.

Reaction Score
Choppie Pippa was the owner in the '80's (and the namesake) and he was involved with rec sports. He went to Danbury HS with my sister back in the day and was a very good athlete. He's about 55 or so now.

. . .

I believe the name of the place off of Joe's Hill Rd (near Exit 2 ioff of I-84) on Mill Plain Rd is Rosy Tomorrow's, another great local place I spent a lot of time at.
All correct. Well done.
I had Donail Diggs dunk on me once in a pick up game on the courts across from Deep's market. Can't recall the name of that road. Guy got off the ground very quickly. I saw him in DC many years later working out on Penn. Ave.

In that DAYO league our team was a bunch of stiffs (me included) but with our own version of Khalid El Amin - Sonny Council. We finished 8th in the league out of 8, with maybe 1 or 2 wins all year, but all teams made the playoffs. Fonzie's team finished first and they were undefeated. We squeaked by our first two games to get to the finals. The gold team came out during warm ups and circled around us on our half of the court. God that pissed us off. I was on Fonzie on D - he was an awesome shooter, but that's all he liked to do. So I committed to overcommitting to the shot defense to make him drive all game, which he didn't do. So he had a really off game. Vonzel had a good, not great, game. Sonny Council, on the other hand, was playing out of his mind, full bore, huge motor. Kid would take every outlet and head full bore up court. I sucked, but I just kept trailing Sonny and picking up scraps. We end up winning by more than 10.

It was, and I mean this literally, the greatest upset I have ever seen.

Reaction Score
Rosy Tomorrow was a chill place with good local chill music

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I sat on the saddle at Rosy's and cried into my beer when the Mets blew their 7 game lead in September 2007.

So, not really good memories, but I certainly have memories.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Rosys is great. Great food, great staff. I work 5 mins away from there so I stop in there often.

Not so much a "sports bar," but there are enough TVs if you need to see the game.

I actually was able to catch some of last years BET games during my lunch break by stopping there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom