Good times keep on happening, NOT! | The Boneyard

Good times keep on happening, NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey BYers, On Saturday, 4am had a bug, and with my heart problems, I drove myself to L&M hospital, 5 blocks away, 1 hour later was in an ambulance to Yale-NH Hospital for a heart operation on my pacemaker. At YNH they changed their minds, no heart operation, cure the bug! Possible h o in a day or 2 to shrink a heart chamber! I couldn't get the UCONN VS CFU game on TV or my iphone, I WAS REALLY BUMMED OUT! Finally got game on 1080 on iphone for 2nd half! Not the same as watching my Huskies!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Sorry you're not well, get better
Up in the NE Kingdom, we're blacked out by ESPN
God knows why
So, It's the same WTIC you got

Reaction Score
Hoping all goes well with your ticker and you get back to not missing a minute of our amazing team!

Reaction Score
Hey BYers, On Saturday, 4am had a bug, and with my heart problems, I drove myself to L&M hospital, 5 blocks away, 1 hour later was in an ambulance to Yale-NH Hospital for a heart operation on my pacemaker. At YNH they changed their minds, no heart operation, cure the bug! Possible h o in a day or 2 to shrink a heart chamber! I couldn't get the UCONN VS CFU game on TV or my iphone, I WAS REALLY BUMMED OUT! Finally got game on 1080 on iphone for 2nd half! Not the same as watching my Huskies!

RShermVikes----As huge as the UC women's games may be---your well being is more important. As one of the Good Guys
you are needed here!!! Super happy you didn't need an operation---unhappy you picked up the damn bug. In Yale NH you are in good hands.
I was going to chew you out for driving yourself to the hospital--then i remember --i had chest pains and almost passing out and drove my self to the ER---it was NOTHING--not even a bug. \
Again --be good to yourself--we need you!!

Reaction Score
Allow me to chime in regarding the incident. I had a major heart attack 8 years ago. After the initial massive pain, I felt all right, but called 911 as well as taking some aspirin. When they arrived, I had packed a bag because I expected to go to the hospital. To shorten the very long story a bit, they validated that I had indeed had a heart attack and that they were going to transport me to Hartford Hospital. Because of current technology, they were able to hook up all the electronic devices while we were in the ambulance and the hospital was able to determine where the blockage in my main artery was located. When I arrived, I was taken immediately into the cath lab and got a couple of stents within minutes. The point of the story is that my cardiologist told me that if I had not had that "fast path" treatment, I would have died. The ER will take in a patient immediately under these circumtances, but if you drive yourself, you will not get such immediate attention.

The point is - if you think that you are having a heart attack, call 911 and use an ambulace to get hospital!

Reaction Score
Hey thanks for all the good wishes & positive thoughts! I'm supposed to have heart surgery eventually so I'm thinking I'll have the heart surgery while I'm at Yale New Haven Hospital! Go Huskies!
I can't get SNY on YNH TV or on my phone so seeing next game is in danger!

Reaction Score
The ability to diagnose and treat heart related problems is amazing when compared to a "few" years ago...stents, pacemakers, and such are becoming as common (well almost...) as band-aids. We are fortunate despite the criticism of USA health care.

Get better all...and have a good 2017 and more.

Reaction Score
Well, the last game is on ESPN3 so you can watch that on tablet, laptop or phone. Wednesday's game will be on there right after it is done too. So you are just in a different time zone!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wishing you a speedy recovery, and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Your health is far more important than anything UCONN related, no matter how much we love our team! Looking forward to seeing you back at 100% soon!!

Reaction Score
Coach Sherman, from one ELHS Viking (class '82) to another-good luck and get well soon!!!!

HuskyPhan- - - Thanks HP! WOW! A Viking alumni!
'82, you were in with Mike Binaco, Bobby San Juan, Dan Towpasz, Nate Hanson, were wrestling for me! Those were really great times at ELHS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom