Good Recruiting News - CA's blog | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Good Recruiting News - CA's blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What bothers me about this is the comment of Geno ringing in my ears from a few years ago when he said that the best recruits he has had know very early that UCONN is the place for them. I am optimistic but keep hearing those words.

I agree with what you are saying, but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Swin Cash the last of the Fab Five to give a verbal to UCONN? I believe it was late September or October when she gave her verbal.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I agree with what you are saying, but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Swin Cash the last of the Fab Five to give a verbal to UCONN? I believe it was late September or October when she gave her verbal.
I don't consider that late, especially, ten years ago.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
What bothers me about this is the comment of Geno ringing in my ears from a few years ago when he said that the best recruits he has had know very early that UCONN is the place for them. I am optimistic but keep hearing those words.

A good point to remember. Not infallible, but a good point. Hopefully, Wilson will be the outlier.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think for all the hype of Wilson she appears to be 'young' in terms of her exposure. Not sure how the school conflicts fell, but for all her talent to get to her first USA BB trial this year is very late compared to other HS students. And while she has travelled locally to schools I am not aware of many long distance visits. So while you would always prefer a player who knows Uconn is the right choice from her sophomore year, I think with Wilson we are seeing a kid who just doesn't feel she knows her options well enough to be sure. And we have had a few kids who knew Uconn was their dream school and then changed their minds late in the process or after they arrived, and that is a much worse situation.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Fullcourt has an update on A'ja Wilson. The report says Wilson still intends to announce next spring and plans to take 2 Official visits in October and 3 in January.

Wilson will be playing in an Altanta event Sept 27-29. Courtney Ekmark will also be in Atlanta. The report says Courtney will leave for Atlanta hours after her in-home visit with Geno. BTW, with Geno in Arizona next week I wonder if he'll head south to Xalapa, Mexico to check out the Fiba tournament wearing his USA BBall hat and scouting future opponents and wearing his UConn hat and watching recruit Kia Nurse play for Team Canada.

Wilson is being recruited by virtually every top program in the country but has yet to announce a top five. We spoke with Wilson via phone and she shared that several head coaches have made in home visits this month, including North Carolina’s Sylvia Hatchell, Baylor’s Kim Mulkey and Connecticut’s Geno Auriemma. Jeff Walz of Louisville is scheduled to make a visit at her school next week.

Wilson also said that she has no plans to sign during the early signing period and will take her time making a decision about her college future. She said she will take all five official visits and plans to schedule two of them during October and the remaining three in January. Wilson has already taken multiple unofficial visits to North Carolina, South Carolina and Clemson.

http://www.fullcourt.com/prep/24043...lanta-sept-27-29-ganon-baker-full-court-event
Well if she wants to stay close to home she's already got UNC SC and Clemson and possibly Lville. Baylor and UConn are the only schools outside that area and I think it will depend on how much she wants to win a NC vs staying close to home. At UConn she will contend for a NC at the other schools she will be vying to make the Final 4.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Great post. . You took the words right out of month. If I may add. IMO the kids who really want to win a NC, and want to become the best they can be will come to UConn. You cant argue with the results which UConn has made. I remember when TASK and Diana came and coaches and fans said how can UConn get any better and when you look at what Geno's built its amazing. Probably the most un talked about accomplishment that Geno has attained is being able to build stronger teams as the years move on. It's almost like Geno and UConn top their best team year after year. Yes there are some down years but over all UConn continues to set new records and this season we may be looking at the best team WCBB has ever seem on both sides of the ball.
I think You are right--- and that is a scary statement to make considering some of the teams we have been fortunate to have!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great post. . You took the words right out of month. If I may add. IMO the kids who really want to win a NC, and want to become the best they can be will come to UConn. You cant argue with the results which UConn has made. I remember when TASK and Diana came and coaches and fans said how can UConn get any better and when you look at what Geno's built its amazing. Probably the most un talked about accomplishment that Geno has attained is being able to build stronger teams as the years move on. It's almost like Geno and UConn top their best team year after year. Yes there are some down years but over all UConn continues to set new records and this season we may be looking at the best team WCBB has ever seem on both sides of the ball.
Just wondering Tony - which player do you think didn't belong in that class Sue or Swin?!!!!:rolleyes: Just saying this may be worse than misspelling a player's name - erasing the player completely from a class. Personally I thought they both did OK here at Uconn!:cool:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Just wondering Tony - which player do you think didn't belong in that class Sue or Swin?!!!!:rolleyes: Just saying this may be worse than misspelling a player's name - erasing the player completely from a class. Personally I thought they both did OK here at Uconn!:cool:
You've lost me. What do you mean which didn't belong? They all belonged???????/

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Tony, you wrote TASK instead of TASSK, leaving off one of the S's.

Get it now?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Tony didn't hear the whistling sound as it went flying over his head.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
149-homer-facepalm.jpg

Reaction Score
Well if she wants to stay close to home she's already got UNC SC and Clemson and possibly Lville. Baylor and UConn are the only schools outside that area and I think it will depend on how much she wants to win a NC vs staying close to home. At UConn she will contend for a NC at the other schools she will be vying to make the Final 4.
Tennessee is actually not that far from home either....check out the map....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom