good read: UConn had a very bad day, but there's no reason to panic | The Boneyard

good read: UConn had a very bad day, but there's no reason to panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This will serve you well - do not take advice from people named Chip.

Chip works in the newspaper industry. He can't tell that the Big East is sinking because his perch is sinking just as quickly - it all looks level from where he is.

No, take advice from people named Fishy on the internet...it is time to panic. Complete, utter, wet-your-pants-with-terror panic.

We're duck*ed.

1991phillipines_266775.jpg
(that's us, btw)​

Reaction Score
Why do I suddenly feel like somebody just spun us around three times and we are now back in the Yankee Conference.

Please don't tell me that the last 26 years were a dream and in early November we open against Maine in the Field House.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Worst case is the conference continues to collapse around us and our basketball program steadily declines. Maybe we have to get our Slim Pickens on...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That article made me feel worse. We are ducked.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That article made me feel worse. We are ducked.

Didn't it, though?

The 'don't panic' message was lost in the 'move straight to ritual suicide' undertones.

Don't send Chip Malafronte into the children's ward to cheer up the kiddies - they might start launching themselves from the windows.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Chip works in the newspaper industry. He can't tell that the Big East is sinking because his perch is sinking just as quickly - it all looks level from where he is.

No, take advice from people named Fishy on the internet...it is time to panic. Complete, utter, wet-your-pants-with-terror panic.

We're duck*ed.

(that's us, btw)​
Well, at least we're in a vehicle. It's moving, correct?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
It's stuck in reverse and someone cut the breaks.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

We're duck*ed.

(that's us, btw)​
The league as it is constructed isn't sustainable. Flying all these athletes all over the country for games is expensive and won't be covered by the TV contract eventually. I could care less about Boise St.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Absolutely don't panic, because drowning is actually pleasurable once you submit.

Reaction Score
Chip's best case scenario coupled with the "no reason to panic" headline leads me to conclude he'd enjoy being on the receiving end of John Holmes anal rape.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

The good news is that we are in a vehicle that is moving. But unfortunately, the prior drivers have been driving the car in reverse at 80 MPH for the past 20 years. While we finally have a competent driver, the prior drivers damaged the transmission to the point that we only have 1st and 2nd gear and the clutch is shot. Not only that, our 'gas empty' light it flashing, they haven't changed in the oil in 50,000 miles, and our tires are bald and leaking. But yes, we are in the moving car!:eek:

Reaction Score
Is Chip a writer for the Daily Show because this article should end with Jon Stewart screaming -"It's time to panic, it's time to panic!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom