good read on newest husky | The Boneyard

good read on newest husky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Having been born and raised in Norwalk I am very excited about a hometown kid coming to UCONN. I grew up listening to Calvin Murphy and Norwalk games (and then Niagra games) on the radio. My only negative is he did not go to my alma mater Brien McMahon.

Reaction Score
Having been born and raised in Norwalk I am very excited about a hometown kid coming to UCONN. I grew up listening to Calvin Murphy and Norwalk games (and then Niagra games) on the radio. My only negative is he did not go to my alma mater Brien McMahon.

As a 1966 NHS and 1970 UCONN Alum, I too am stoked to see a Norwalk kid play BB @ UCONN. I knew Murph well in high school (same class), actually since middle school. You may find solace that Brian McMahon was the only loss (25-1) our senior year and I've overheard Calvin say Marvin Spencer (BMHS class of 67) was one of the best pure shooters he ever saw at any level. Marvin was built a lot like KEA, Bagley type and lead New England in HSBB scoring the year after Murph and the year before Joe Pantoya (sp) did who played for Central Catholic (Norwalk).

Great basketball back in the day played in Norwalk. Pleased to have Mr. Enoch at UCONN to represent.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
As a 1966 NHS and 1970 UCONN Alum, I too am stoked to see a Norwalk kid play BB @ UCONN. I knew Murph well in high school (same class), actually since middle school. You may find solace that Brian McMahon was the only loss (25-1) our senior year and I've overheard Calvin say Marvin Spencer (BMHS class of 67) was one of the best pure shooters he ever saw at any level. Marvin was built a lot like KEA, Bagley type and lead New England in HSBB scoring the year after Murph and the year before Joe Pantoya (sp) did who played for Central Catholic (Norwalk).

Great basketball back in the day played in Norwalk. Pleased to have Mr. Enoch at UCONN to represent.
I knew Marvin but not well (Class of 69) and 1973 UCONN alum. Did once get in a pick up game at Calf Pasture with Calvin, who coached my little brother in Biddy Bball. Good guys. Sailed Hobies out of Stamford back in the 70's too!!

Reaction Score
I'm younger, but also born and raised in Norwalk. BMHS graduate in 2000, UConn in '04. I actually used to be Enoch's counselor at an after school program about 8 years ago. Small world!

Reaction Score
I knew Marvin but not well (Class of 69) and 1973 UCONN alum. Did once get in a pick up game at Calf Pasture with Calvin, who coached my little brother in Biddy Bball. Good guys. Sailed Hobies out of Stamford back in the 70's too!!

Hummm, a guy took me sailing on his Hobie 18 in Stamford before I got mine. Was that you Edward?
One up from Biddy was Cousey League.....team I was on beat Calvin's team for the championship (I turned into a swimmer). Ever hear of Jimmy Jackson? He went to Franklin JHS. Hell of a baller at the time. Ball in his hand ALWAYS. I used to see him all the time as my folks had a store in South Norwalk before it became SONO :cool: .

Calvin went to West Rocks (me too). He was a funny and tough as nails too!

Anyone care go get me of 99 likes?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Hummm, a guy took me sailing on his Hobie 18 in Stamford before I got mine. Was that you Edward?
One up from Biddy was Cousey League.....team I was on beat Calvin's team for the championship (I turned into a swimmer). Ever hear of Jimmy Jackson? He went to Franklin JHS. Hell of a baller at the time. Ball in his hand ALWAYS. I used to see him all the time as my folks had a store in South Norwalk before it became SONO :cool: .

Calvin went to West Rocks (me too). He was a funny and tough as nails too!

Anyone care go get me of 99 likes?
In sailed a 16 named Pickles with a guy named Jim Goodridge. We were pretty good in races. Did not know Jimmy, but did play baseball a lot at Franklin. I lived off Stuart Ave and Franklin was actually closer to my house than my JHS which was Ponus. What was the name of the store?

Reaction Score
So. Main Laundromat, corner of Raymond and So Main across from St. Joesephs Church & Raymond's Diner.

Reaction Score
Is there really only one ship left? :eek:

I thought we had room for 3 more.

Reaction Score
B1GEast said:
Is there really only one ship left? :eek: I thought we had room for 3 more.

We have two more for sure. We have three unused and Boat's. They may be counting the one we have Nnamdi Amilo for this year as unavailable, since he's a junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom