Good Mojo for UConn Football | The Boneyard

Good Mojo for UConn Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
QCkLmTZ.png

If this doesn't get the mojo rolling for UConn football, nothing will.

Reaction Score
I am so sick of development stage and infinite process in football. I am just looking for some ugly wins in football. Unhappily the football program forgets they live with and walk on the same ground on campus as the National Champions UConn Huskies Basketball team. Here is hoping desperately for some waking up in football. Great for the BB team to show up. And we promptly lost to Boise State.

Reaction Score
Unfair in many ways.

You cannot compete at the level that UConn is at easily with our recruiting footprint. Edsall found a way; but, people largely forget his first four years. Pasqualoni was just not good. Diaco is, classically, tearing it down to build it up. I see a whole lot of good against Boise. But, you simply are not going to beat decent teams with the stage we are with that developing Offensive Line. Fugly. We did stop a darn good RB to less than 60 yards on like 30 carries. I am a glass half full kinda guy on this.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Unfair in many ways.

You cannot compete at the level that UConn is at easily with our recruiting footprint. Edsall found a way; but, people largely forget his first four years. Pasqualoni was just not good. Diaco is, classically, tearing it down to build it up. I see a whole lot of good against Boise. But, you simply are not going to beat decent teams with the stage we are with that developing Offensive Line. Fugly. We did stop a darn good RB to less than 60 yards on like 30 carries. I am a glass half full kinda guy on this.

A lot of people - including the football board - need to go review the beginning years under Edsall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connecticut_Huskies_football_under_Randy_Edsall) because that is where we are. We went back to Day 1 under P. It is not a given we get back to where we were and it will be harder now with the shifting landscape in college football. Rebuilding in football is a lot harder than rebuilding in basketball, so buckle up but keep cheering for the Huskies!

Reaction Score
Agree with Pudge, patience is now required. Edsall did a nice job finding a way to recruit solid 3 stars or shall I say, under the radar guys. PP just ruined the landscape with his dinosaur values of the game and a waste of time quite honestly. Diaco has the right idea, looks like a guy kids would like to play for but he has a lot of catching up to do. Looks like a core value guy like JC and KO so I expect with time will come success. We will see.......

by the way when I saw the OT title I thought they cleared Cochran!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Unfair in many ways.

I don't think we're as back to square one as we think. We outplayed Boise State on Saturday but for a couple of catastrophically bad throws by Whitmer. We had our chances to win a game that would have been a signature win despite a lot of things working against us. I still think this team could end up making a bowl game this year. It will be the Subway.com Virtual Sandwich Bowl, or something equally stupid, but just getting to that point (and hopefully stealing a win) would be huge for the perception of the program.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Last year there were a thousand leaks in the boat. This year there are a couple handfuls.

Reaction Score
A lot of people - including the football board - need to go review the beginning years under Edsall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connecticut_Huskies_football_under_Randy_Edsall) because that is where we are. We went back to Day 1 under P. It is not a given we get back to where we were and it will be harder now with the shifting landscape in college football. Rebuilding in football is a lot harder than rebuilding in basketball, so buckle up but keep cheering for the Huskies!
Right now the hour-glass on football success has been turned over.The sand is rapidly flowing to the bottom.
Diaco does not have the luxury of trial and error that Edsall did.
This football team has to be a quick study or we are shut out.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Don't think our desperation to get into a power conference helps on the recruiting trail or on the field. We need a little patience.

Reaction Score
Don't think our desperation to get into a power conference helps on the recruiting trail or on the field. We need a little patience.
Patience is a virtue ,however in CR virtue has zero value.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Cheer up, it could be worse: we could be stuck with Gary Nova as our starting QB...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I am so sick of development stage and infinite process in football.

You can thank Hathaway for hiring Pasqualoni. I'm not a big CFB guy, but even I could see that hiring an older Syracuse retread was a recipe for failure.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Right now the hour-glass on football success has been turned over.The sand is rapidly flowing to the bottom.
Diaco does not have the luxury of trial and error that Edsall did.
This football team has to be a quick study or we are shut out.

You could clone a Nick Saban / Bear Bryant combo and they couldn't 'fix' things three games into their first season.

People need to chill.

Reaction Score
You can thank Hathaway for hiring Pasqualoni. I'm not a big CFB guy, but even I could see that hiring an older Syracuse retread was a recipe for failure.

Here's the contrast:

With a SEARCH firm, Hathaway had Paul Pasqualoni, Mark Whipple and Derrick McGhee as his last three. For my way of thinking, that is the lineup for a MAC program in Connecticut (and you wouldn't have that if you were in a OHIO MAC). That is an entire level below where he needed to be. Not a brainstorm unique idea (cause we now know that McGhee is now superstar ... like a James Franklin or David Shaw ... or even what they were saying about the new Vandy guy).

Diaco was probably a smidge too young; and Narduzzi. But, that was doable at many levels - a Coordinator with fire and a plan. A MAC Head Coach? (the Clawson, Doeren, etc) Even the UNH guy.

We just really whiffed with Hathaway.

Reaction Score
QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB

If the MAC schools can consistently find good QBs, it should be possible at UConn as well.

Reaction Score
QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB

If the MAC schools can consistently find good QBs, it should be possible at UConn as well.

Seriously even the Ivy League has produced good qbs, Uconn's Oline though is awful.

Reaction Score
Seriously even the Ivy League has produced good qbs, Uconn's Oline though is awful.

I'm very unpopular I guess in blaming the O-line's woes on the QB, but when your passing game is woeful, your running game is going to suffer, and teams are going to attack you with reckless abandon. You have to stand in the pocket and make them pay. Suddenly they can't rush you like mad dogs anymore. Your run game gets going too. So much depends on that QB.

I don't think it was an accident that the OL's troubles were solved last year when Cochran was under center.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Older has nothing to do with it. Look what he did to Syracuse football - a decade of submediacrity - as a younger coach!!!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Older has nothing to do with it. Look what he did to Syracuse football - a decade of submediacrity - as a younger coach!!!

Yeah, but if you are trying to bring up a football program, you want to hire a young dynamic coach. A guy who can relate to players and hopefully stick around for a long, long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom